Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
"Mark your shit sold when it sells dammit!!!!" ... pretty pretty please :)
...and make sure you read the range rules... especially the part about the ride link in your sig.

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Sellers and Buyers Range Rules
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 am 
The For Sale forums are free to all TR members to list and sell items. The For Sale New forum should be used for new items only. No "like" new or "almost" new, if you've used it, whether for 1000 miles or 1 mile it's used and it should be listed in the For Sale Used forum.

The sellers and buyers are solely responsible for any transaction, warranty, defect or any other arrangements related to the item being sold or bought. TR does not make any guarantee and assumes no responsibility or implied responsibility with any of the items listed. All members who use this forum do so in good faith and are reliant solely on their own good judgment.

Caveat emptor.

Added 08/05/2008
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=287865
The TR Sellers Act of 2008

- Sellers will only use images of their actual item. In the event that they do not have a picture of the actual item they may use a similie of said item as long as they have permission from the owner of said image and clearly state in their ad that this is not the actual item for sale and that they are using a similared pictured item courtesy of X Member.

- Sellers who are suspected of being less than ethical in their business practice on this and other sites will be barred from selling on TR until they address the issue brought forth by fellow members. Unethical behavior includes but is not limited to false advertising and or misleading information. Sellers who are unable to satisfactorily explain the business practice in question will be banned from selling on TR. Members who abuse this reporting system for vendettas or to attack a sellers character or reputation will get banned.

- Sellers will change their post title to properly reflect when an item is sold to facilitate thread clean up by appending "SOLD" at the beginning of their title.

*Added 01-13-2009
- Members will refrain from playing price vigilante in other members For Sale thread unless they can show price gouging on the part of the seller.

- Promoting another seller's off-site special or second hand special in another member's for sale thread should also be avoided.

Added 08-30-2010 - The Not So Anonymous Seller's Act of 2010 ¾
- All sellers must have a Members Ride link in their signature; their linked Members' Ride thread must have pictures of their scooter, scooter does not have to be a Ruckus.

Added 09-19-2011 - The Not So Anonymous Seller's Act of 2011 ¾ - Location
- All sellers must have their location in their profile in a simple city, state format.

:highfive:

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Sellers and Buyers Range Rules
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:20 pm 
Hey guys please make sure you're complying with the updated rules.

:highfive:

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:29 pm 
I don't get it , what does a picture of your ride have to do with any thing :?: :?: :?:

TheReaper!

- All sellers must have a Members Ride link in their signature; their linked Members' Ride thread must have pictures of their scooter, scooter does not have to be a Ruckus.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:09 pm 
I agree.. let's say your selling a bike on TR, have a scoot on TR, but the bike your selling doesn't have anything to do with TR except it's being sold here.
What point is there in making a whole Member's Ride post about said bike if your about to sell it? Wouldn't that be counter-productive to keeping the
Member's Rides thread clean and organized? I understand totally when we're talking about say, a Member's Ruckus or Met that they've kept up on TR
and finally decided to just sell, but barring that I can't see why it's needed for -any- bike sold. Clarify?

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 pm 
Creating a "member's ride" thread and linking it in your signature displays a commitment to participation in this forum, rather than just using it as a place to sell stuff to people. It's not about posting a Member's Ride thread about the item you're selling, it's about being an active member of a community and establishing yourself. Many people believe that buying from someone who puts effort into maintaining their reputation on this forum is preferable to buying from someone with 3 posts, never bothered to make a Ride thread, etc..

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 pm 
^i just noticed my for sale thread has been stuck in the annonymous section..

A link to my members ride to show I'm hear for more than selling things? I don't ride a ruckus to impress others nor do I care to make a thread about how much work I do to it.. My post count and the places I have posted far better reflect my desire to be a part of this community, anyone can make a members ride..

I understand your want to "link" FS threads to a member who appears to be as much of an enthusiast as the next but IMO having a members ride doesn't mean anything.. It's the buyers job to do the research on the person and the product he/she is purchasing

Meh.. /rant lol I have no care to make a members ride thread, there are more than a few pics of my ruck on this forum posted in very active threads

thank you for your time :D

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm 
- All sellers must have a Members Ride link in their signature; their linked Members' Ride thread must have pictures of their scooter, scooter does not have to be a Ruckus.[/quote]

my things that are for are for sale because I no longer have a ruckus...it was stolen last year can you just put my thread back so I may sell the few things I have left

Thanks

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 pm 
Hi...can my thread be re-posted please ?...thanks in advance ! =]

Follow the build on IG @ka0bit0 Image

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:11 am 
please have mine deleted

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 pm 
Rules have been updated, sellers must now have their location in their profile.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:29 pm 
When will the city/state enforcement begin? Just noticing that there are a whole lot of recent posts in the bazaar that have either no location or some vague location.

Just thinking that buyers ought to know where their stuff is coming from.

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 am 
kelvinator wrote:
When will the city/state enforcement begin?

As of Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 pm, we will try to catch all new threads since then.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:25 am 
Thanks for all your hard work PuddleJumper and all admins. :banger:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:32 am 
is there anyway to not comply to the 'members ride' amendment? i kinda prefer people to NOT know my location AND what type of scooter i have all in one thread. that and im not a look at my ride type of person. I have nothing to hide, but it does make it easy for someone to connect the dots and next thing you know your scooter is jacked since this is a public forum.

i know i didnt have the city, state and i correct that. as you can see i am not here just as a 'for sale whore' and try to provide for the community as well as purchase from vendors selling on TR. :wink:

please restore my thread. ty!

Last edited by jerrythedonkey on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 pm 
My Ruckus is gone and I dont "build" anything anymore. I just buy my stuff complete now hence I cant have a build thread.

My post viewtopic.php?f=148&t=64184 was moved and needs to be moved back to the USED parts for sale so Someone can benefit from these parts I have lying around before I scrap them and totally waste good parts.

viewtopic.php?t=62830