Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: El Guapo's GF
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:58 am 
Got the MP3 250 yesterday, El Guapo likes them a little on the thick side. :D I wanted something safe to ride two up with the wife, I looked at all the big scoots out there and decided that the MP3 was the safest ride out there. If it was just for me I would have probably waited longer to find a BR.

I bought it yesterday from San Jose BMW/Vespa. I got a decent deal, these things are moving quick off the floor, the dealer closest to me was out and didn't think he didn't know when he was gonna get anymore, they had two when I went there last Monday. The SJ guys had this one on the floor and a baby blue one barely out of the crate. The SJ dealer is pretty cool, Jeff the guy that helped me is pretty good friends with Jason so I felt pretty good about the whole deal.

It was raining on and off and very windy yesterday and it's about 50 miles from SJ back to my house. On any other brand new scoot, I probably would have just waited till things cleared up, but the MP3 is so stable and confidence inspiring that I just hopped on and got on the freeway. Few sprinkles here and there, nothing major. I cruised between 65-75, passing big rigs at 80mph. Plenty of power for the windy up hills, never felt like I was lagging.

:highfive:

Last edited by SpoonKiller on Sun May 25, 2008 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:06 am 
:shock: wow!
how bout a ride someday...? maybe next Super Sun...I call DIBS... :D
How many GIG is it?

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:50 am 
Spoon, that's awesome! I hope you're not planning a swap!

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=9731&hilit=thunder%27s+ruck

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:57 am 
Awesome! Are you going to commute on it?

Admin
Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:58 am 
Now you and batgirl can cruise together. :D

Thief

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:02 am 
!!!!!!!!
YES!! i voted right on your poll. awesome, but no im not paying your first payment :p hahaha

thats the coolest "scooter" ever. i wish i had one. haha or maybe the 500cc.

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:07 pm 
Nice wheels Spoon ! Hey what happened to your Elite ?

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:47 pm 
I am on the waiting list at Vespa of the Ozarks for the 500cc monster... Your right spoon they move fast..

Congrats on the MP3!

your party won.
So let's be friends,
let arguments pass.
I'll hug my elephant-
you kiss your ass.

One of Us
One of Us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:54 pm 
How is the riding? I heard it feels very different

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:00 pm 
Congrats Spoon! Now mate the two together... LOL.

Zombies
Zombies

The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:29 pm 
Thanks guys! She's mainly for around town and weekend cruising with the wife. The Elite 250 is up and running but I never got the time to paint, so it's going to be relegated to daily BART duty. Ruckus remains the stud of the garage and will enjoy the company of both :lol:

Riding wise it's a bit on the heavy side when sitting still. I'm trying not to use the lock feature when stopped because I'm pretty sure it's going to be a bad habit to have when switching off scoots and in Cali you'll get a ticket if you don't touch the ground at a stop. Once you get going it feels very light and stable, with good power. I'll swap out the variator when I get a chance to make it even snappier.

Only thing that sucks really is the price :x and the fact that the Italians thought of it first instead of the Japanese! :lol:

:highfive:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:04 pm 
I see the Elite has been relegated to the bastard child.... :cry: I think as you ride it more, El Guapo will get jealous.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:14 pm 
wow, I really thought you would go for a BR :shock:
I love mp3s though, one of my favorite things on 3 wheels, looks great. 8)

congrats

Thief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:15 pm 
i saw a video of the mp3 and it looked like it had enough storage space to take a nap in lol. wan should have used an mp3 instead of a ruckus just so he didnt need a tent :lol:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:33 pm 
I would have pegged you for the morph, Spoon.....

But I rode an mp3 once. It's a glorious ride.