Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
This is the amazing story of a young man from Korea who crossed America and back on the back of a humble Ruckus. Follow his story as he meets interesting and generous people from all walks of life.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1606 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 108  Next

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: The Adventures of Wan - Rucking Across the US! [Part 1]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:37 pm 

This thread is dedicated to Wan and his amazing cross country adventure!

Quote:
SPOON EDIT:
This is Part 1 of Wan's Adventure. Part 2 can be found here:
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16406

Click here for map by myquealer

It will provide one concise place for him to post everything from here on out.

I can't combine the old threads to put all the info gathered thus far into this thread, but I can provide links to the previous threads.
Hopefully, everything having to do with Wan and his journey can be posted here from now on.

Previous Threads:
Here are the threads:

1st Thread, info about starting the trek:
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12008

2nd Thread, he is in Charlston SC now:
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12081

3rd Thread, info how he lost is camera:
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12128

4th Thread, Save Wan donation thread:
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12129

5th Thread, new camera, pics in Savannah:
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12136

If you want to talk about Wan's trip, please reply in this thread from now on. It will help keep things much more organized. Thank You!

Wan-Buck fundraiser is over for the time being, thanks to everyone who helped out!
Total Wan-Bucks Collected: $572.09
Donations collected from:
loopyeddie, Dr.EZP, SpoonKiller, varroa, Stickler64, mpanther, blackruck, justintime, motophoto, DetroitRuckCity, drold2u, smoove314, Clumpy, Red Ape 55, Brandon Gillam, PlaiderPillar, John Timoti, malone, GL1800, bassinface, LiteW8, jdmcivic, PomeRuck, raptor9458, Commonbear, Southtek, longballer72

Last edited by loopyeddie on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:56 am, edited 15 times in total.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:55 am 
Thanks, Loopy
This is going to be great!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: living legend
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:27 am 
the ma is a living legend

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:15 am 
I'm In the "City Beautiful"...Orlando, FL.

The name is TAYLOR.

Work # (Tattoo Shop) 407.893.5329

I'm there all day everyday EXCEPT tues. and weds.

Let's plan something NO MATTER WHAT!

TR's Mad Scientist!
TR's Mad Scientist!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:41 am 
wan, I am in Phoenix (South Scottsdale). My name is Paul, my number is "RADIO EDIT". See you in 2012 when you get here.

Last edited by Dr.EZP on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:04 pm 
Wan,
Get yourself some sort of credit/debit card and a paypal account. That way you could transfer the funds onto your card.
I am sure myself and others would donate some money toward your trip. (Very Cool)
This should help with all the fuel you will need (maybe not) but I am sure some extra money will help with food, hotel stays, ruckus maintenance, and a Chanito windshield :D
Peace

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:11 pm 
Ruckdork wrote:
Wan,
Get yourself some sort of credit/debit card and a paypal account. That way you could transfer the funds onto your card.
I am sure myself and others would donate some money toward your trip. (Very Cool)
This should help with all the fuel you will need (maybe not) but I am sure some extra money will help with food, hotel stays, ruckus maintenance, and a Chanito windshield :D
Peace

Yeah Wan, You are a HERO! :banger:
Best of luck to you and keep us posted in this sticky thread (nice job LOOPY! :D )

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:33 am 
wan, anyang! me and my wife are cheering for you!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject: wan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:39 pm 
definitely let us know when you get into cali. im sure someone here is willing to buy your ruck and maybe even treat you out to breakfast, lunch, AND dinner...

cant wait to see you bud...

One of Us
One of Us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:29 pm 
have you guys heard from him at all? do we know how hes doing?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:07 am 
he called me saturday night to say it started raining bad and he had to pull over and camp , not making to okeefenokee in the one day like he hoped. yesterday was clear, and i'm pretty sure he's made it there and is camping there by now.

he hoped the okeefenokee visitor's center would have internet access but i doubt it.
he isn't doing this by laptop, but wherever he can find internet, so his reports may be staggered.

n00bie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 am 
That dood is nuts. But he's smart not to be traveling up to the midwest this time of year. I hate ruckin in the cold

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:04 am 
thaks for setting this up, i was wondering what happened to wan so far.we are all chering you on up north here in canada!

Ruck great in the city even better at the cottage., We have a super 9 now too, and my wife and I ounce off the highways(trailering) we cannot wait to back road scooter! our constant companions! "Fun" Hell Yeah!!!!

One of Us
One of Us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:17 pm 
It's too bad your route didn't take you through DC, but I guess I'll have to just look at all the pictures.

Good luck, you're a legend now, lol.

Maybe we should start a Cannonball RuckRun?

One of Us
One of Us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:24 pm 
wan, ill offer to service your scooter if you get to fort lauderdale soon and call me...954.821.8653

build thread... viewtopic.php?f=92&t=64895

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1606 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 108  Next