Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Has anyone "REALLY" tricked out a Vino 125?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:48 pm 
I was just chillin at a BBQ of another ruck rider's pad and someone said I should trick out my Vino 125. I know there are parts that will greatly improve the performance. I even bought a cylinder kit to increase it to a 140cc which will be installed in the near future. But I was wondering if it would be possible to change the geometry or structure of the Vino by putting an extension, for example, or something else similar to a Ruck.

Through me some suggestions or, better yet, some pictures of other tricked out Vino 125s. Thanks yo... :banger:

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

2010 King of HATE
2010 King of HATE

Post subject: Re: Has anyone "REALLY" tricked out a Vino 125?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:59 pm 
go for it , I mean , why not ?

'10 Elite 110 $3k
'98 Superhawk $3k w/extras
'74 CB550 $2k
Replace w/ GROM + Either cb1100 OR cb1000r
MANdown
http://www.totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &start=180

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:33 am 
You'll probably have to fab it, but I'm sure you can extend the thing.

Ultimately, the engine bolts to the frame somewhere. Just put an extension between the engine and the frame....that's all it really is on a Ruckus or a Met. Of course, you'll have to ensure the shock still lines up and everything, but if you're willing to cut and fab, you can do just about anything.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:36 pm 
C-Dawg wrote:
I was just chillin at a BBQ of another ruck rider's pad and someone said I should trick out my Vino 125. I know there are parts that will greatly improve the performance. I even bought a cylinder kit to increase it to a 140cc which will be installed in the near future. But I was wondering if it would be possible to change the geometry or structure of the Vino by putting an extension, for example, or something else similar to a Ruck.

Through me some suggestions or, better yet, some pictures of other tricked out Vino 125s. Thanks yo... :banger:

Fatty (205-30-12) Vino! I'm working on it. But my Vino 125 cc engine is going on a 2007 Yamaha C3 :evil:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:48 pm 
GotScoot? wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:

Fatty (205-30-12) Vino! I'm working on it. But my Vino 125 cc engine is going on a 2007 Yamaha C3 :evil:

A Vino 125 motor in a C3, GREAT IDEA bro!! :idea: :idea:

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:23 pm 
JEDI 2.0 wrote:
GotScoot? wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:

A Vino 125 motor in a C3, GREAT IDEA bro!! :idea: :idea:

Thanks! Yes the Vino 125 cc is a bottom mount very easy to extend backward without changing the angle of how the engine sits. The only draw back with this engine is that it has a short case pretty much like the short case GY6 engine so fatty tire choices is limited. We shall see in a couple of weeks when I finish my custom configured hub. The Vino 125 cc OEM rear tire is only approximately 17 inches diameter. And so if the fatty tire is 17 inches in diameter you'll pretty much have to grind off the two exhaust mount holes.

The nice part is that bumping the 125 cc to 160 cc is very affordable likewise the other internal upgrades.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 pm 
trick that shit chris!

http://www.Twitter.com/mikekickz
http://www.facebook.com/mikekickz

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 pm 
Performance wise even just a variator will make a big difference for the Vino 125. Battlescooter has their own brand Vino125 performance variator and the difference is amazing. If feels like the bike lost 100lbs of weight and acceleration is great.

2010 King of HATE
2010 King of HATE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:12 am 
BSS FTMFW

:)

'10 Elite 110 $3k
'98 Superhawk $3k w/extras
'74 CB550 $2k
Replace w/ GROM + Either cb1100 OR cb1000r
MANdown
http://www.totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &start=180

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:55 am 
Wow!!! Time flies like scoots going down them hills real fast! I almost forgot about this post I started back in 09.

I did some major mods to the Vino from what it was, which was a used 06, to an even more used 06.

Here is a flash back pic from 2009. By this time I changed out the front signal lights and the roller weights to 12grams. Everything else was still standard. The mirrors stuck out like ears, handle bars were way high like a high horse and it was still running at 125cc. Until...

Fast forward to 2011. It's now at 21,028 miles and still hauling a**. Made more major mods like finally changed out the handle bars to drag bars, swiped out the mirrors, got a new doo-doo brown seat and dropped in a 140cc big bore kit. What a huge difference. It also helps to use a slightly bigger rear tire as well. Currently I'm waiting for an NCY camshaft to be installed. Hopefully this is the final engine upgrade I will have to make to break the 70mph barrier.

The rear extension will be the next step but it will be awhile along with some major research.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:50 pm 
Wow 21k miles!? Thats awesome! Any major (or repeated minor) maintenance required to get to the 21,000 mile mark?

I have drag bars and the same bar-end mirrors except in black on my grey vino. I'd really like to do a pipe and the 140 or 150cc kit someday, but my scoot's only got 1600 miles on it at the moment, so I figure I'll wear out this cylinder before dropping in a new one. I've got the Japanese rear signals but not the front ones....yours look pretty good and I'm going to want them....

- Spool.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 pm 
spoolboyy wrote:
Wow 21k miles!? Thats awesome! Any major (or repeated minor) maintenance required to get to the 21,000 mile mark?

I have drag bars and the same bar-end mirrors except in black on my grey vino. I'd really like to do a pipe and the 140 or 150cc kit someday, but my scoot's only got 1600 miles on it at the moment, so I figure I'll wear out this cylinder before dropping in a new one. I've got the Japanese rear signals but not the front ones....yours look pretty good and I'm going to want them....

- Spool.

As soon as I get my scoot back I will take that odometer pic pho sho yo...

When I dropped my big bore kit into the Vino it was somewhere at 14,000 or 15,000 miles and the engine was still good. I just had to keep up with the maintenance and oil changes. There are other big bore kits like a 150cc or 160cc that require shaving down a part of the engine in order for it to fit. Don't get it. I heard the horror stories where not too long after the install, serious problems develop with the motor. I wouldn't chance it unless it's a bolt-on kit and the reviews are good. The 140cc kit from NCY is a bolt-on kit that will work. So far it has been 2 years since I installed the kit and it still runs.

One of these days I will change out my rear signals and brake light.

ImageImage
TEAM Image 1%er

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:05 am 
C-Dawg wrote:
When I dropped my big bore kit into the Vino it was somewhere at 14,000 or 15,000 miles and the engine was still good. I just had to keep up with the maintenance and oil changes. There are other big bore kits like a 150cc or 160cc that require shaving down a part of the engine in order for it to fit. Don't get it. I heard the horror stories where not too long after the install, serious problems develop with the motor. I wouldn't chance it unless it's a bolt-on kit and the reviews are good. The 140cc kit from NCY is a bolt-on kit that will work. So far it has been 2 years since I installed the kit and it still runs.

Word on the street is, ProvoScooter dot com has a true 150cc bolt on kit that's pretty high quality. I knew of a couple of guys on the V125 board at Scootertime.net that had it and had logged a boat load of miles. For me, it's off in the future. I plan to log at least 4k more before I go doing major engine work.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:51 am 
I'm sure there are other modded Vino's. They were all at the Scootertime forums that died not long ago. C-Dawg's done an awesome job of his so far. Looks great. I'm so tempted to mod too but I'll be getting rid of the scooter w/in a year or so. Not worth it then.

Pics, videos, mod installations, experiences, product reviews @ http://96mpg.blogspot.com/

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:58 pm 
Getting rid of the Vino!? Got a new ride all lined up to replace it? Or?????