So this is my first ruckus, and only my second scooter. A yamaha razz was my cherry popper. I decided this ruckus is indeed cursed. It began stock. Did the usual mods. Some cosmetic, some performance oriented. By the end of its first stage it had a posh cdi, polini variator, rejetted carb, street tires, custom mandrel bent exhaust, and k&n filter. And it gave me nothing but problems.
Chased the tune around for weeks. No luck. it topped out at 45 or so. That fight was cut off by the purchase of an insanely cheap and almost new 150cc gy6 scooter...
P.S.: sorry for the shitty pics. they are from my blackberry. Im too cheap to get a legit camera.
this was a few weeks after i purchased it and started modding. home made shim kit to put mountain bike bars and stem on, fender droip in the front, hmf exhaust off a 250 race quad, street tires, and foot rest cage.
this is with the led tail light, and fenders removed, k&n filter, rejet, cdi, and variator installed.
only thing new here is antennas removed and replaced with a barend mirror. And thats my buddy's nissan in the background.
a pic snapped during the mock up of the swap.
once it was done i had it driving and running good, but I was chasing crazy electrical problems. They plagued me for a long time. Finally got those figured out, and for a short while the thing ran good.
The 150 had to rebuilt before it could run due to the motor freezing over the winter. Thats how i got the donor bike for so cheap even tho it had less then 500 miles on it. Rehoned the cylinder and cleaned it all up and it was all good.
Current state. After 500 miles on the cleaned up motor i developed piston slap. Im guessing too much material got taken out when we cleaned up the cylinder walls.
Time for a new jug and piston.
In the mean time, while i save up for the jug and piston, i cut up that ugly ass brace on the side and quick tossed this together out of 1" tubing. I used the stock bearing case and cleaned it up and, well yah. Nothing special, but it looks a hell of alot cleaner then the crap that was on there. updates as i move along on this thing.