Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Backlater's ride ... rockin' the one-piece ... pg. 7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:03 pm 
I should have put mine in this section along time ago , but better late ... my 2 latest pics Image Image

Last edited by backlater on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:06 pm 
Frigg those tires are phat

Zoomania headlight bracket

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:07 pm 
Look good dude!

I almost bought that "Almost - Death and Love" sticker for my br. It looks better on your ride tho' :lol:

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:22 pm 
Good eye kite . lol yeah I like the phat tyre look , but it comes with a little price of a about 4-5 mph . I might try a skinny on the front next time .140/90-10 on the rear and 120/90-10 front and see how it handles . I guess no rain riding now with the fenders off , but I can always put them back on for the rainy season . :wink: Thank guys ...

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:31 pm 
backlater wrote:
Good eye kite . lol yeah I like the phat tyre look , but it comes with a little price of a about 4-5 mph .

Nah, that's probably your speedo being off because of the bigger diameter of a the fatter tire.. The tire is a bit bigger in diameter, meaning it rotates less fast at the same travel speed, less rotation is less speed on the speedo.. but you will still be going about the same speed. I doubt a slightly bigger front tire would matter that much on your real speed.

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:57 pm 
Good point Renzu , I hadn't thought about that . The EDIT(329) Kendas are much better handling than the stock Kendas . It really feels good in the corners , as opposed to the stockers , but each has its purpose . The ride feels alot smoother even though they are at 35 psi . Maybe I should try 40 psi . :|

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 pm 
Here's my latest 2 mods . Thanks Victor for selling me the Kijima headlight. I took off the whole stock headlight assembly , turn sigs , headlights , horn and wind screen . Stored it away in case I want to revert . Also bought a couple of Lockhart turn sigs . Image Image Still have to remount the Stebil compact airhorn , maybe route the wiring under the floor pan and mount under the seat . the little sucker is so uber loud anywhere on the bike . Love that horn ! :P I noticed my front cover slots are cracked and its scratched up pretty good so I'm thinking ... the silver/grey casing of the ' 08 would look nice .

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:43 pm 
I love the tires and your handle bars.
Those are Kendas? Nice. Kenda has some interesting tires for sure.
BTW:
I put a larger tire on the front and my speedo reads under now too, by about 4-5 mph :wink:
I clocked using Pomeruck's OPZ NPS600 Veypor several times...
Diff. rides/days and the results are consistent.

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:11 pm 
Thanks Bass , I searched around for the widest I could fit and had to try them . The clubman bars I bought off Ebay for $35 shipping included . The clamp I got from Jiang Wayne"s for $85 , I gotta replace the clamp bolts that came with it cuz they are rusting . I'm wondering how it would look and handle with the bars flipped in the drag position ? I think I'd have to lower the seat some more or my ass would be higher than the bars Lol . :P And Wow that headlight sure puts out a nice footprint on low beam , and the high beam is focused and goes a long way . I'm glad I mounted on the fork cuz now I can see ahead on the corners . Next is either the pipe or an extension .

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:28 pm 
backlater wrote:
Next is either the pipe or an extension .

BOTH!!!! :D

Admin
Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:30 pm 
Good job on the new light setup since it makes it look so much cleaner.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:29 pm 
wow your ruckus is getting nicer everytime I see it

Zoomania headlight bracket

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:54 pm 
Thanks guys , I'm just borrowing from some of your ideas . I'ts far from badass but getting there . I gots de mod bug !!!! :P

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 am 
I like that light set up, but most of all i dig the Indy sticker on the forks, NICE! :D Best trucks ever made!

Space Docker
Space Docker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:12 pm 
Thanks cNote :D I recently took the floor / cargo pad off and primed and satin black coated the tank and all the aluminum bits . I'll post a pic later . I think I'm gonna get a chromed frame brace this weekend .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next