Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: my american dio build!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:27 pm 
RuckusGuy50 wrote:
donny wrote:
well done! can u put in" heavy" clutch springs so you get better down hill speed while your in there?

Um, what? The clutch springs affect the engagement rpm, not the top end. If your clutch springs affect your top end, they are way too stiff and allow slipping which will burn up the clutch assembly.

hmm, thats what I what too stop, the clutch engagement, with the heavier spring when going down hill (disengagement allows greater speed?) you can carry on speed you got from the down hill to your flat out speed as you cruise along. I am a ruck guy the best mod is clutch springs for the $

Ruck great in the city even better at the cottage., We have a super 9 now too, and my wife and I ounce off the highways(trailering) we cannot wait to back road scooter! our constant companions! "Fun" Hell Yeah!!!!

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm 
Oh, so you are counting,on the clutch to unlock and then freewheel without engine drag down the hill?

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:22 pm 
yeah thats what the heavier springs do in the clutch when going down hill? Am i so wrong, I am insulting your knowledge here?

Ruck great in the city even better at the cottage., We have a super 9 now too, and my wife and I ounce off the highways(trailering) we cannot wait to back road scooter! our constant companions! "Fun" Hell Yeah!!!!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:33 am 
Wow, really nice Elite SR in a great condition !

I got a Dio SR over here in Germany and I thought it was in good shape when I got it. But yours is even better!
Really nice ! :)

Will for sure be watching your next updates!

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 am 
donny wrote:
yeah thats what the heavier springs do in the clutch when going down hill? Am i so wrong, I am insulting your knowledge here?

They can do that if you drop enough speed at the top of the hill to disengage the clutch shoes. That is not the primary use though. No manufacturer of clutch springs would recommend it.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:41 am 
RuckusGuy50 wrote:
donny wrote:

They can do that if you drop enough speed at the top of the hill to disengage the clutch shoes. That is not the primary use though. No manufacturer of clutch springs would recommend it.

yeah ok i see what you mean, but i do notice much faster speeds with the heavy spring as to factory stock spring

TR's High Five Guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 pm 
Hobbytöner wrote:
Wow, really nice Elite SR in a great condition !

I got a Dio SR over here in Germany and I thought it was in good shape when I got it. But yours is even better!
Really nice ! :)

Will for sure be watching your next updates!

thanks man! your dio was actually a big inspiration to me getting mine especially in that awsome color scheme!! :banger: :banger:

of course i got the american version of the color scheme lol

i follow your build thread all the time cant wait to see more updates on it :highfive: your dio is just AMAZING

and ruckusguy50.......yea i cleaned the crap outta the case but it wasnt that dirty to begin with. this thing was just amazingly clean when i checked it over :banger:

"Fairly 48"
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=78643
Metruckus

TR's High Five Guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 pm 
so finally got to put the stock ruck variator on..........AWSOME is all i can say. makes a huge difference.

only took a very short uphill ride. more extensive ride tommarow! :banger: :banger:

right now just trying the stock ruck 7g weights, more updates tommarow :highfive:

"Fairly 48"
Metruckus

TR's High Five Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:18 pm 
so today was a nice day and i decided to take a ride up to cincinnati. (just a short ride from the area i live)

but first let em just say that the stock honda ruckus variator swap that i did on my elite has completley changed this scoot!

this thing is soooo much faster. keeping up with traffic and even passing them sometimes is no problem. and it still takes off like crazy and pulls huge wheelies! :banger: :banger: gonna be getting a gps soon to measure my exact speeds and then tune the variator in correctly but today the speedo was showing in neighborhood of 43-46mph! :banger:

and this is still with just the stock ruck 7g rollers and a worn out bando belt. i cnat wait to see what it does with a brand new kevlar belt and some heavy sliders! gonna be a beast! 8) i love this thing!

it is some 2t goodness!!!!

anywayz onto the pics of my day!

parked down by the ohio rver in front of a old ass bridge lol. its awsome tho!

and here is a skyline view of cincinnati
paul brown stadium.....home of the cincinnati Bengals

in this pic the tall looking brown buidling behind the white one is the former award holder of the tallest building in cincinnati. there is a new holder of that award,more on that a couple pics down
the famous pnc bank is the big white building on left and on the right is the new insurance building....also the new tallest buidling in cincinnati award holder. it is very tall lol next to it not pictured, is the cincinnati reds baseball stadium
the famous old bridge. its not paved but is like see through when you are going over it. you are driving on gates basically. very sketchy on a scoot i might add lol!
and finally a pic looking down the ohio as it goes up north, to the right is the side of "the great american ballpark" and the old steamboat wheel up on the post along with the old retired steamboat on the side of the landing there. it host comedy and magic shows now. pretty cool stuff!

now that i got you a quick history on the boring old city that is cincinanti....morep ics of my elite in it lol!

huge electrical tower!

under a expressway bridge

in front of a old, old, old, old factory and also at the same time under a still working railroad bridge. a very long one that stretches all the way through cincinnati.

and my favorite pic of the day!
she is so clean :D :D

as always thanks for looking and reading :highfive:

"Fairly 48"
Metruckus

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:46 am 
LOOK TIGHT!

250cc swap
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66315&start=0

TR's High Five Guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:54 am 
:banger: :banger:

:highfive:

"Fairly 48"
Metruckus

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:58 pm 
I know this captain is jealous! I did an elite swap on a spree and it was pretty nuts. It was very "unstable" at anything over 40mph! The slightest cross-wind would just push you across the road.

#1. The Recovery Ruck: aka 16" 163cc gy6 swap
#2. Bits-o-Pieces
#3. Ole Smokey - in progress

TR's High Five Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:02 pm 
nice! always wanted to do sumthin crazy with a spree lol........

thanks for the compliments :highfive:

"Fairly 48"
Metruckus

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm 
Should mix-match the wheels blue/red

Elite SR50 slammed with GET Powurr <CLICKY
That new new '13 Metropolitan <CLICKY

TR's High Five Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 pm 
thats an idea.......i just wanted to keep it as original sr as possible. in terms of the plastics and things.didnt wanna chop anything or change original things. the grips that were on it were not original, but they were crappy as well.

appreciate any all commets and ideas! :banger: :banger:

"Fairly 48"
Metruckus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next