Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 67  Next

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Edmonton Ruckus Riders
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 pm 
....shhh. The wife's gone to work. But it's nice enough out today that I might just start on the tear-down outside. Still waiting for a few parts, but like me ol' pappy used to say "make hay while the sun shining; Or in my case get building while it's not freezin'.

Got along way to go...

Last edited by Mercutio on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:49 pm 
nice parts horde!!

I am jelly if you got to put some stuff together today :popcorn:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:56 pm 
For now it's just a tear-down, drain, extend, refill, an try an fire her up by Sunday night. I'll start a build thread when I get somewhere with her...

Hopefully I don't run into too many problems... :pissed:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm 
I hear you.. I will have to start a build thread this year too, I guess.
The tear down shouldn't be too bad! Looks like it is going to come together nicely

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 am 
Hey gents!

Just passing along the information for this year's 780Tuners Season Opener meet :highfive:
There will be a BBQ and donations accepted for the ALS society of Canada and Alberta - so come out, see a crap-load of cars, trucks, and bikes (and Rucks!), mingle with the automotive community, and donate a couple bucks to a good cause!

Join the facebook event here : http://www.facebook.com/events/194756493968353/

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm 
i'd be down for this^^^ but I'm sad to say, i'll be in cali for SS and won't make it

Godzirra
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=57768

10x10 zuma swap
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=78354

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:48 pm 
sasquash wrote:
i'd be down for this^^^ but I'm sad to say, i'll be in cali for SS and won't make it

I GUESS that is an acceptable excuse :lol:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:23 pm 
hey all edmonton ruck riders..... Ive got my 05 ruck up for sale on kijiji. It has a GY6 swap done and a whole lot of extras. too many list....i havent had a chance to ride it in two years so its time to let it go. Being in the military Im away alot. If interested please pm me or check out my kijiji add im asking 3000. it is worth alot more then that. Its the black 2005.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:49 pm 
any edmonton Ruckers heading to Driven this year?

ill be asking the same with the Calgary Rucks as well

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm 
Hey all,

Just decided to grab a new 2012 ruckus from Riverside, should be ready for pick-up Wed/Thurs this week. Looking to mod it out, what are the best places to order from? Anything local or do I have to buy online over the border? I like to get some positive feedback on sites before I dish out money if the company is from another country, just to make sure they ship to Canada and people have used them successfully.

I unfortunately don't know anyone with a Ruckus, so if there's anyone interested in meeting somewhere for a ride I'm interested, I live up in Lancaster Park.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44 am 
Welcome to TR TrunkMonkey, and the small group that makes up the Edmonton riders. So, you bought a new Ruckus eh?  :canuck: Yeah, I bought mine new last year and rode the hell out of it.

A few pieces of advice I can pass on:
Read the Owners Manual (get to know your ride)
Change the oil after 1 month of use or before 1000km of use. (no oil filter like a car, so oil gets dirty fast, use proper oil)
Fill-up with premium gas. (for the few extra pennies you put in the peanut-sized tank it's worth it in the end)

So you want to mod-out your Ruck?  There are two types of people here on TR:  People who mod the GET motor that came with the Ruckus ($$$), and the people who swap it out for a bigger GY6 engine ($$$$$).  If you don't care about warranty on your new Ruckus then I would consider you try a few of the more popular performance upgrades suggested in the performance section of Total Ruckus (variator, clutch, CDI, carb, etc).  If you care about having a warranty, then a few cosmetic modifications to make your ride more comfortable/unique is probably the way you want to go (lowered seat for cornering, foot pegs for comfort, etc, etc).  What you can do with a Ruckus is endless. 

As far as buying parts, I don't know of any local shops that carry parts on the shelf.  Most, if not all of my parts have had to come across the border some how.  Here's a few I have dealt with:

Standard Functions (http://standardfunctions.com/)
Based out of California.  Price and shipping is fair.  They ship via the postal system, and on larger orders you will have to pay a bit for GST/duty. Delivery is about 2/3 weeks.

Jiang Wayne (http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/index.php)
Based out of Vancouver.  They ship from mostly Taiwan via postal system, and on larger orders you'll have to pay GST/duty.  Delivery is normally 1-2 weeks. $25 flat rate shipping.

Password: JDM (http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Ruck ... -C380.aspx)
Based out of Cali, the ship via UPS.  Expect to get gouged by UPS when it comes across the border.  Nice parts, but buy from one of their vendors that don't use UPS.  1 week delivery.

Ebay
There are a lot of Ruckus/Zoomer related parts.  There are some good deals to be had, but sometimes you get what you pay for.  Buyer beware. Good if you're buying on a tight budget and a little personal modification to make a part work is not an issue.

Total Ruckus Grand Bazaar section
Most of their main Vendors are professional.  I've dealt with Mojo Customs and MNNTHBX, and both are great.  You can find some parts that are not offered by the main stream online stores.  One way to make your ride unique.  The used section is good for some deals, but the sellers are sometimes aren't all that knowledgeable about shipping to Canada.

I'm hoping to get my Ruck up and running by the May long weekend (still in pieces).  There are a handful that are going to the 780tuners season opener, and possibly a ride before the event (see bazinga's post above).  Good luck, and enjoy the new Ruckus.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm 
Thanks for the welcome and the info. Looking at doing some cosmetic to start then down the road I'll probably start swapping some other parts. The big selling point for me was the ability to customize, so many aftermarket accessories it's awesome. Looking to toss on a JDM kickstand and foot pegs to start. This will east up some of the cash I spend on firearms, which is a lot, unfortunately for my poor wife this is just another addicting hobby that's going to east some cash :D

I'm thinking about heading out to the season opener so if any other ruckus riders are attending let me know and we can get together for a ride.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 am 
Check out Rucksters on TR here on www. Rucksters.com.... Real good dudes

Godzirra

10x10 zuma swap

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 am 
O and make double sure u know what your buying from jiangwayne... His customer service is garbage and if u ordered the wrong part he will screw u over and u wont get your money back

Godzirra

10x10 zuma swap

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 am 
Hello all, does anyone have trouble getting speed riding on Edmonton roads? Not sure if it's the wind that's affecting my speed. I can get up to 70kph if i rode behind cars, but without it seems like I'm getting 60 or less.
It also runs a lot slower at night like 55kph slow.

I have a jiangwayne type 1 exhaust and that dr pulley variator slider kit.
(i never did any jetting of that sort looks too complicated)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 67  Next