Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:47 am 
updated 5/21/14 - once again my buddy Danny Tran has done it again



update 5/13/14 - just thought id post my feature first on my build thread.

Image

Image Image

Image

Image Image

Image

Image Image

Image

Image


and from here on is my build thread from day one! Also, needing to thank Kevin at TheRuckShop for the help.

This is when I first got the ruck in October 2013. It already had the password stetch kit and lowered handle bars, with a lowered seat frame, LED taillights.
Image

I decided I wanted to be more visible at night so I decided to paint it.
ImageImageImageImage

got my exhaust and intake
Image

Finally, I decided this just wasn't cutting it for me to go back and forth to work and decided to go GY6!
Image

got started on cutting the tabs off
ImageImage
freshpaint
Image

while it sat I made me some custom lowering headlights with the stock headlight frame
Image
with the sidemarkers (I wanted to be different LOL went with these bad boys for 3 dollars a piece)
Image
also mounted my speedo to it where it is visible
Image


then started to mock up to make my mount for the air ride setup
Image
Image

finished up on a Martin Luther Kings ride-able day
Image

Me on the ruck headed to Urban_Vapes in Murfreesboro, TN
Image

Yes, I know my picture timeline is out of order lol.
Yet, there is still more work to be done! front end coming soon!

Thanks to TheRuckShop for most of the parts and help!

MOD list:
GY6
GY6 Stock 24mm carb
Uni filter
GP Moto Exhaust (thanks to fortyfive)
Mikuni Fuel Pump
TRS billet stretch kit
ATR Wiring Harness
11-pole stator
Custom Air Ride Setup
TRS "Oldschool Wheel"
Shinko White wall 130/70-12
Password JDM handle bar set up
custom lowering headlight bracket
Coach Seat Cover (thanks to Gorby)
lowered Seat Frame
LED tail Lights

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Last edited by Uber_EJ on Wed May 21, 2014 4:55 am, edited 17 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 207
Location: Colorado
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:14 am 
Looking good man, jeez you didn't waste any time breaking it down!
Welcome to TR



Cj :banger:

:LR:



My build: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=86863

_________________
2013 Met
2003 Ruckus (Not a project anymore this Bitch is up & running!)


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:30 am 
Cj jeep wrote:
Looking good man, jeez you didn't waste any time breaking it down!
Welcome to TR



Cj :banger:

:LR:



My build: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=86863


Thanks man! not at all I got the ruckus late October. rode around for a bit did some small mods and calculated what it would cost me to do a gy6 or build the get. gy6 won lol.

mid November decided to go through with it.

cranked it on Christmas to make sure it everything worked. sure did!

and now im just doing some final touches (tuning :headbashing: ) before I do the front end.

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:01 am 
updated with mod list

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 118
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:05 am 
UberEP3 wrote:
me on the ruck headed to Urban_Vapes in Murfreesboro, TN
Image



dig the build! im up in that part of TN all the time and i bring the ruck, next time we'll have to meet up and ride. i actually know a couple of guys up at urban vapes, Edburg and Bon.

_________________
901sky GY6 build - winter transformation underway

Instagram: 901sky

Midsouth Mother RUCKers FB group


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:18 am 
skylar901 wrote:
UberEP3 wrote:
me on the ruck headed to Urban_Vapes in Murfreesboro, TN
Image



dig the build! im up in that part of TN all the time and i bring the ruck, next time we'll have to meet up and ride. i actually know a couple of guys up at urban vapes, Edburg and Bon.


chyea man that's fam, everone there is! im pretty sure you know jake, kary, and jay up there in Memphis lol(my Memphis fam)

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2344
Location: the dirty south
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:22 am 
Wanna sell your get motor?

_________________
my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=79934&p=1376266#p1376266

Appear interested when not and vice versa ..... sun tzu


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:23 am 
ricksruck wrote:
Wanna sell your get motor?


I'm not sure yet lol. I'm planning on building it for boost or something and getting another ruck. It's an obsession foreal!

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 118
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:26 am 
UberEP3 wrote:
skylar901 wrote:
UberEP3 wrote:
me on the ruck headed to Urban_Vapes in Murfreesboro, TN
Image



dig the build! im up in that part of TN all the time and i bring the ruck, next time we'll have to meet up and ride. i actually know a couple of guys up at urban vapes, Edburg and Bon.


chyea man that's fam, everone there is! im pretty sure you know jake, kary, and jay up there in Memphis lol(my Memphis fam)


damn yea i know all them fools, i live down the street from kary. small world haha

_________________
901sky GY6 build - winter transformation underway

Instagram: 901sky

Midsouth Mother RUCKers FB group


Top
 Profile  
 

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2344
Location: the dirty south
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 am 
Keep me in mind if ya wanna sell, my neffew is a prison guard in murfreesboro and could pick that up for me :highfive:

_________________
my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=79934&p=1376266#p1376266

Appear interested when not and vice versa ..... sun tzu


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:23 am 
ricksruck wrote:
Keep me in mind if ya wanna sell, my neffew is a prison guard in murfreesboro and could pick that up for me :highfive:


That's funny because I work for the Tennessee department of corrections lol. I will definitely keep you in mind

skylar901 wrote:

damn yea i know all them fools, i live down the street from kary. small world haha


so you're the one they been telling me had a gy6 by his house haha. it definitely is a small world.

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 118
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:46 am 
UberEP3 wrote:
skylar901 wrote:

damn yea i know all them fools, i live down the street from kary. small world haha


so you're the one they been telling me had a gy6 by his house haha. it definitely is a small world.


hah yessir that'd be me. took my first ride on the GY6 after the swap and went down the street by karys and all them fools were out chillin in the garage so i stopped by to smoke some hookah. kary and jake were the first folks to take a spin on the new swap other than me.

_________________
901sky GY6 build - winter transformation underway

Instagram: 901sky

Midsouth Mother RUCKers FB group


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am 
skylar901 wrote:
hah yessir that'd be me. took my first ride on the GY6 after the swap and went down the street by karys and all them fools were out chillin in the garage so i stopped by to smoke some hookah. kary and jake were the first folks to take a spin on the new swap other than me.


haha yeah they told me bout that. what did you use to tune your gy6?

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 118
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:10 pm 
nothing.. i've got a couple buddies here with GY6 swaps so i just threw in the same jets they had in and rode out. it wasn't perfect but i was hitting the 55mph range.. after i get the new harness in i'm going to attempt fine tuning it... i wanna hit 60mph +

_________________
901sky GY6 build - winter transformation underway

Instagram: 901sky

Midsouth Mother RUCKers FB group


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 439
Location: Smyrna, TN
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: My Rucked up Life
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 pm 
skylar901 wrote:
nothing.. i've got a couple buddies here with GY6 swaps so i just threw in the same jets they had in and rode out. it wasn't perfect but i was hitting the 55mph range.. after i get the new harness in i'm going to attempt fine tuning it... i wanna hit 60mph +


I'm hitting 60+ ... at least this was from a gps. I'm just hoping im not running super rich or lean or something. I've had experiences with blown motors LOL

im going to check my jets today and see what sizes they are. What carb and size jets you running?

_________________
My Rucked up Life


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: No rucksters and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

Technophobes: click here if you are having issues registering or logging in

TotalRuckus.com 2005-2015 (That’s 10 F’ing years!) - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group