So... to get the shapes of the recesses, I just placed a piece of paper over the piece, and pressed really hard around the edges of the holes. Labeled the tops so I didn't transpose anything, and gets me to here.
I then cut the shapes out with scissors and test fit. I used a wooden skewer to make sure the edges were flush, then final trimmed.
Sprayed some adhesive on the backsides of the templates and stuck them on the carbon. This is why you always save the scraps! hahah!
Cut the rough shapes with a dremel and a cutting wheel, and finished with a sanding bit.
Looks to fit well! Now to polish!
And because someone will look there eventually, I cut out a piece to cover the back side of the piece.
Ok.... Now I go work on the Veypor mount for the other bike...but I will be doing some work on this bike tomorrow as well.