Hey, this thread has been too long with no pics!!!
Got a little further in my Veypor gauge install today...
I initially made this piece that would go between the handle bar clamp at the stem...
But it really wasn't rigid enough for my taste. So I cut a similar template out of some 1/16" sheet metal... Leaving the base longer so I could bend it to match the profile of the bar and stem combo.
Next I laid down the stem cap and figured out where to drill the bottom holes...
Next, I grabbed a big C clamp, a block of wood and a 21mm socket and started the bend. I figured that I could get a good start, and then make the rest of the bend when I tightened everything down.
This allowed me to see where to drill the top holes. Did that, and then just reefed on the bolts until the bend was complete, and everything was good.
I'll be doing it all over, because when I reefed the bolts, it sheared to bottom bolt holes out. It's still much more rigid than the fiberglass version, but I can't have those imperfections, even if no one can see them.
Plus the big hole for the wires in a little off. I drilled small holes all the way around, then used a carbide bit to finish it off, and I probably should have held the piece in a vise instead of holding it with my hands. Hahahaha.
Plus I'll need to paint it.
Next I need to work on installing the speed sensor and JB welding on the magnet and setting up the Vapor.
I am going to dedicate no less that one hour after work everyday trying to get this thing road worthy again.