Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Rhonda the Ruckus (First Ever Build of Anything)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 am 
Posting for my own reference, but feel free to follow along. I started posting these pictures on facebook and realized I'll get more help/appreciation/caring of any sort here...

So here we go.

Stock last August: Image

First mod (aside from an under seat storage) was just ripping those antler mirrors off. Am I legal? No. Do I care? No.
Image This was back 3 weeks ago maybe, when this project began for real.

First digging into the ruck, seat removed, plastics off, gas tank cover gone... NAKED!

Image NCY Foot Rest and Peg set up. NCY Gas Tank Cover (Almost went black, glad I stuck with white... although she's so dirty already but... oh well)

S/O to thechut for letting me "borrow" his yoshi pipe while he passed emissions.
Image While this is his, mine is in the mail so, just pretend I already received it and installed it. It would look like that^^

Image Chut and I chillin in a parking lot. This is about the time I realized she's sitting WAY too high.

In the mail or received/waiting to be installed are:

PWJDM Stem/straight bar set up (Probably replace bars with something else way down the road, but for now, straights will do).
Trail Tech Vapor Tacho/Speedo
NCY Lowered Seat Frame (White)
Yoshi, as mentioned above in stanless.

Projects to attempt this weekend:

Rejet back to stock 75 to try to make her run right again.
Install of the bars/speedo
Front turn signal remount... Bars won't clear the stock signals, so they gotta go. Probably using reflector holes as the location.
Doctor up the plastics for under the gas tank to protect it and MAYBE try to doctor the under seat plastics (I cut the under seat from the under foot plastics right where the engine cover would end on the floorboard)
I like the look of the no plastics, but I Realize i'm vulnerable that way if it rains.

Keep ya'll posted. Hope for the best for this weekend. I have a roommate, a friend, and thechut all helping me with all of this and teaching me until they're blue in the face. I can't thank them all enough bc without em, this would take a LOT longer... The forums have been SUPER helpful for ideas, but someone who's done these things being there is most helpful for learning.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Rhonda the Ruckus (First Ever Build of Anything)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:24 am 
Damn Amazon telling me guarantees on vapor trail tech for Friday, Saturday at the absolute latest. Get an email telling me delivery Monday. NO AMAZON... THAT WILL NOT WORK! THATS WHY I PAID EXTRA FOR THE SHIPPING...

They "Upgraded" me to over night shipping today... which I don't see as being different from the 2 day shipping I paid for yesterday... But keep your fingers crossed for me fellow ruckstars. No IDea when this yoshi pipe and seat bracket are expected. UGH this waiting game is so miz.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:55 am 
NCY Lowered Seat Frame installed

Ignore the scuffs on the frame... Fab'd up this plastic to work with my NCY footrest/pegs. Took a lot of trial and error, but my ish is protected again!... although I have no room for storage.

***ANYONE TRY MAKING THEIR OWN PLASTICS for under the seat!??! I'm thinking a clear plexiglass under seat plastic may be possible. Think I'll try at some point, and if it works, go for the same on the sides to act as "windows' and storage. I won't bother with the back, as unless I'm in a straight up wheelie (LOL), nothing's coming out of the back.

Trail Tech Vapor installed. PWJDM Stem/Straight Bars installed. New grips installed. Relocated the front turn signals to the headlight bracket.

Front shot. thechut chillin in the background. My buddy Red chilling on thechut's ruckus.

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/984188_10152691133718783_3651387225200800482_n.jpg?oh=39f6cca4cad0892221fc4f7ca3aff1d3&oe=546213E2&__gda__=1416922219_abf0e4ac0b4ec453d430f5207afaf267
[/img]
Another front shot.

Profile shot. Stock exhaust back on for the weekend. Yosh is back on currently.

Along with these, I installed a Polini Variator with the 6.9 rollers. Comes with 5.6's, and I have Dr. Pulley 5g sliders to play around with and dial in on. I only weigh 140, so I think probably 5g is way too light, but we'll see.

Re jetted a whole bunch this weekend. Went from 80mj, to 78 mj, to 75 mj, to 72 mj, but the 75 ran best so I left that.

Rear shock may be next? ...It's coming along though.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:45 pm 
Installed a polini variator and a kevlar belt last week. Hit 45.5 with the 6.9 g rollers they include. I was down to 38mph hitting the rev limit before that.
Today I played around with the weights. I started with 6.25g ( 3 x 5.6 g + 3 x 6.9g). I hit 45.6 somehow when I expected to lose top speed.
I weigh 140lbs but ride city and hills so I figured lighter would improve that.
Next I went to all 5 g sliders and topped out somewhere a little over thirty hitting limiter. Wasn't feeling that at all.
Installed a new fuel filter. Started up then went to take off and dead. Went back pulled it out and gas didn't come from it got some reason. Looked like it never made it there.
Put stock back on and took her out. Top speed same figured I fixed the issue.
Hit a red light. Went green hit throttle, bogged out dead.
Continued for hours while I tried to figure out Wtf was wrong. Tried going back to the weight I started with just to test and it still did it.
Took gas tank off and disco the hoses and reconnected. Rode it with the gas tank just hanging, problem fixed, must have pinched a hose somehow.

Posh CDI from someone here on the forums (God I hope it's worth it) and rear shock next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:26 am 
Thinking about going for a plasti dip can in white after work... Don't know exactly what my goal is, but I know my main goal is to white this B!TCH out... so, I figure that's a good start.

Radiator, CVT cover, Fan cover, underseat plastic??, EVENTUALLY the frame, maybe levers, maybe front fender? ...anyone have any idea what I should NOT plasti dip? I'll read the can when I buy it.

Never used plasti dip, but heard wonderful things... So only one way to find out how it works. Go for it.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:53 am 
Scooter is looking good.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:57 am 
Thanks man! My first reply!!!! haha I'm aiming to do some more work this weekend and will have pictures. New shock and CDI ready to install.

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

The way it should be Bathroom mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:48 am 
:popcorn: are you doing plasti dip this weekend? I want to see an all white ride.

King Ghidorah

JamesDean wrote:
Most people would say OWNING a Ruckus is retarded.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:45 am 
Haven't made up my mind. Am doing plasti dip on the luggage board underneath... But the cvt cover and the rad covers will probably wait... like until winter when I can leave them sitting for a week and paint them well.

I have NO experience painting anything... so I want to give myself more than enough time to get it done nicely. I can plasti dip the luggage board this weekend because if I hate it, I peel it off. With the rad and fan covers, I think plasti dip will make it so it doesn't fit right anymore, so I plan to use regular spray paint.

Last edited by thed163 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:55 am 
I do not have much plasti dip experience excpet for the rims on my wrangler. However, i think it would be a good idea to not paint any components that would get hot or even warm. I would think that, due to its rubber like property, it may liquify at some temp and just kinda drip off. I am not positive as i have only used plasti dip on wheels, but that's my .02.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:06 am 
pattyballs wrote:
I do not have much plasti dip experience excpet for the rims on my wrangler. However, i think it would be a good idea to not paint any components that would get hot or even warm. I would think that, due to its rubber like property, it may liquify at some temp and just kinda drip off. I am not positive as i have only used plasti dip on wheels, but that's my .02.

Specifically says that it "insulates" heat... That's not what I want on my CVT or any part, really... So, I'll keep it to parts which do not fit into something tightly, and are not parts that get hot.

The list I plan to do eventually is: Front fender, under seat plastic (mine is cut and only half the size of the normal one), frame (anyone know if I'll HAVE to take everything apart? Seems like I Can get away with just taping and spraying on the frame while together), MAYBE headlight bowls?
real spray paint - cvt cover, rad cover, fan cover, headlight bracket (this weekend after modding it to sit lower, THANKS ALEX06RUCK!)

I'm realizing it might be too white if I hit all mentioned, but... I can accent black later on if it's too white. ALL WHITE BRIX

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 am 
i would def take the luggage rack off to paint it its only 10 bolts 6 12mm and 4 10mm

........ you're either going to be "fast" or quiet with a GET, not both

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:58 am 
link040188 wrote:
i would def take the luggage rack off to paint it its only 10 bolts 6 12mm and 4 10mm

you misread. I totally plan to take off that. It's really only 4 bolts for me, as it's been cut.

The FRAME... I don't want to take that apart (aka the entire bike) to plasti dip it, if I don't have to.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be Shop mechanic
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 am 
Ohhh...... Yeah idk bout that im on team floorboard so I don't worry about my front frame

........ you're either going to be "fast" or quiet with a GET, not both

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

The way it should be
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 pm 
So good news and bad news.
New shock is on, pics to be edited tomorrow. Bad news is didn't exactly work with my airbox. I made it work for now very ghetto and used skateboard bearings as spacers.
Need to clean up my mess tomorrow. Hoping to keep the airbox but not hopeful....
Pcv cage thing removed. Pcv mounted to where my luggage board sits. No under seat board for now maybe ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1043 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next