I've been installing some things: Green text is clickable to jump to location.
1. A RonkSolid engine mount SEE Page 15
(made from parts of a Lego Mount SEE Page 4
2. YOSHIMURA Stainless Exhaust (with O2 bung) SEE Page 4
3. Fatty rear tire SEE Page 4
4. Fatty rear fender SEE page 7 & 8
5. New front foot bar
6. Bok's Handlebars SEE Page 2 & 16
7. NCY CDI
8. JC Racing lightened flywheel
9. JC Racing hollowed high performance camshaft
10. JC Racing head porting / decking
11. PC20 carb kit (currently playing with highly modifying the stock carb SEE Page 17
12. ATR rear shock
13. Wideband A/F gauge SEE Page 16
14. Trail Tech Vapor SEE Page 16
15. RonkSolid IceTube coolant tank SEE Page 4 & throughout
16. Daytona Drag Variator
17. Custom Kershaw assisted open key SEE Page 17
---------- Although I got the GET to a fairly consistent 50mph, here in Las Vegas the high winds would drop my speed to 35mph. I needed more power - so GY6 swap has begun!
18. Sold the rear half of my Ruck SEE Page 32
19. Started getting parts for swap SEE Page 32
20. Started custom headlight SEE Page 33
21. Started custom rear frame SEE Page 33
Most resent pics. (sorry iPhone quality)
Here is what it looked like with the GET.
This is for the most part what I started with itâ€™s a 2008 with a stock GET engine.
So far the mods I have done are:
1. Relocating the speedo to the battery box ([Edit 3/8/13] Speedo removed from battery box and new battery box install due to new Vapor)
2. When I bought the Ruck the license was bolted to the exhaust and the tail light and blinkers were Mickey moused Stanley L-brackets looked like crap so I grabbed some aluminum scrap I had and built a license frame/tail light/blinker unit.
3. Changed out the stock Ruckus shock for a stock Elite 80 shock I had lying around.
4. The previous owner had cutoff the duckbill rear finder (a good thing), but the cut wasnâ€™t straight (must have been a late night hyped up on Red Bull) and it didnâ€™t leave enough fender to keep the rooster tail spray from giving me unwanted racing stripes down my back. So to fix this I again used some scrap aluminum and riveted it to the fender as an extension.
Not sure yet where I want this build to go, Iâ€™m still getting a feel for the old girl. At 6â€™2â€ť I know I want to move the seat a little further back. And like everyone else I want to GET more speed out of it. I donâ€™t really want to go with a swap. I like the challenge and fun of squeezing out all the speed I can from this 49cc engine, plus I like to tinker.
As you can see from the chalk on the ground in the picture I have children (three of them) and a long honey-do list, so I have to sneak in mod time with the Ruck. Not to mention I have to work within a tight budget. That being said this will be a slow build.