Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Post subject: PersianTaco's gy6 build
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:12 pm 
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've gotten around to making my ride thread, keep in mind the ruck still isn't even registered in my name yet :headbashing: Anyways, here she is when I bought her off of craigslist.
Once I took her home, I started stripping her down, so I could repaint her
and we keep going
And were alllllllmost there
and here she is fully dissected
So I took the rear and front frame along with the seat and blasted some primer on that bitch

As far as the battery Box and gas tank cover, I started sanding it down to the bare plastic, well kinda
And something very unfortunate happened with my battery box. I left it outside my house for the night on accident because I took it out of my car to clean the trunk, and I left it on top of a bush. and the next day it's gone. I honestly don't know why it's gone maybe someone has a ruckus? or maybe someone thought it was trash and threw it away. Anyway I picked up this bad boy
I was originally going to paint the ruck white and blue, but when I saw the matte gray I just fell in love, so I went out and just bought the paint to match.
And here we are in my friends garage with the frames all wired up in the air ready to paint
the after picture
Now let's get to the rims. I am SOOOOOOO damn lucky I bought the ruck with everything I wanted, down to the exhaust. So I took the tires off and went to work. First is the layer of primer which doesn't look to bad by itself
tied the rims up to start the base coats
you guys wanna hear some more fucked up shit. So After the rims were all painted and glossed I took them back to the tire guys so they could put the rim back on. But when I got them back tragedy happened
Obviously the tires were stretched onto the rim and it was going to be a bitch to put them back on and I accepted the fate that they were going to be scratched but I didn't expect this.
On the bright side the guys didn't charge me for the job, so it's whatever, I just ended up sanding the outer lip so this is what it looks like now
Ok back to the bike. After all the painting was done, I started putting it back together. The reason I was excited for this was because I bought this crazy SOB
but guess what! This little shit doesn't fit and the stock shock was already broke so I improvised and bought some steel bars from Lowe's and welded them together to create an adapter that screws onto the frame
After that weight was off my shoulders I started working on the light bar. I didn't like the stock headlights at all, so I switched them up
I wanted to mount it on the forks but didn't have an adapter and I had all the things at home to stick it onto the forks so why not. I epoxy'd and JB-Welded the *insert part name* (I have no idea what the part is called) to the light bar and hoped for the best
As soon as I bolted the light bar onto the forks it broke so as of now I'm holding it all together with duct tape :oops:
So now were getting a little closer to what she looks like. I put the parts close to each other so I can have a visual idea of what its gonna look like in the end
After that, I bought a usb 12v charger for like $5 from Amazon and drilled a hole in the battery box to fit it inside
So you guys are asking how I'm turning on the light bar and the USB charger?
Well I picked up two switches from Lowe's and 3D printed a switch holder that clamped onto my handlebars
I actually 3d printed a lot of parts for the Ruck like a washer kit that I put on the bolts for the seat
Along with my turning signal lights that I screwed along with the screw that goes into the side of the battery box
And that's pretty much it, here she is
If any of you guys want, I'm up for modeling parts and selling them to any one who wants them. Just pay for the price of the filament I'm using and just a little labor. email me at nouripourp@gmail.com. When I come around to it I'll model a few projects and post them on the bazaar sub-forum. But ya, thanks for readin my ride thread

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TR

Shop mechanic
 Post subject: Re: PersianTaco's gy6 build
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:31 pm 
WOW that sucks you got jacked while work was in progress. I kind of like the stripped down look....

:popcorn:

87' Spree: Victoria's Spreecret