Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: New Ruckus! First Build!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm 
Damn bro, not wasting any time. Nice work, looking good.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:46 pm 
Things looking sweet. If i may suggest, (and you don't have to) relocate the front signals to where the reflectors are, i had it on my ruck before i went LED, and i liked it. again, just a suggestion, you don't have to. happy modding! save your money for parts and just eat ramen :banger:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:45 am 
Jleclair738 wrote:
Things looking sweet. If i may suggest, (and you don't have to) relocate the front signals to where the reflectors are, i had it on my ruck before i went LED, and i liked it. again, just a suggestion, you don't have to. happy modding! save your money for parts and just eat ramen :banger:

See, i've been wondering what to do with those front turn signals as they are not the best looking. They look like ant antennas haha. Any way you could share a pic as to what that would look like?

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:49 am 
Yeah check the first picture in my build thread, that's how my ruck use to look.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 am 
Your whip is off the hook! Great f*ckin' job in such short time!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:42 pm 
supreme69 wrote:
Your whip is off the hook! Great f*ckin' job in such short time!

Thanks! A lot of hardwork, but damn it, it's addicting!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:59 pm 
UPDATE Ok so i have ordered a ton more parts. Have acquired a few parts already and waiting on a few more. Also still waiting on the newly modded exhaust to come in as i have not been able to drive it since the stretch and it's killing me every second. I'm hoping it will be in on Monday. So lots to come! Of course this wouldn't be an update with out pics for attention because pictures are what we want! :banger:

I got a NCY Shock for the rear in hopes that it will make a slightly stiffer and more comfortable ride due to the stretch i want to make it as smooth of a ride as possible.

Kamikaze handlebars from PasswordJDM. I got them to match the gold/black build. I came across a hiccup ordering these though. These are 13in bars and i ordered 10in bars so i'm currently waiting on a return on those. Hopefully once i get the correct ones it all looks great. It will also help with the cable management as the brake/throttle cables aren't as long as they could be since the stretch. I know lowering the handlebars will help that. Will update more throughout next week!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:15 pm 
UPDATE! (In DJ Khaled voice) ANOTHER ONE. Okay so i know i'm slacking on the posts here but trust me when it's quiet it's because work is being done! I got the exhaust back from theruckshop. HUGE shout out to them as they took the exhaust back i purchased from them and re-welded the headers to fit the fatty stretch. I also got more parts in and put a few on. Still more work to be done of course, but when is a ruckus ever finished. Since doing everything and being back on the ruck this weekend I have had a lot of stares. Surprisingly, people know what im riding and admire the work i've done to it. It's fulfilling to say the least. ALSO I took the ruck over to the dealership i bought it from. I showed the salesman as i told him the day i bought it, it would become something completely different. I'm not sure if he took me serious or not, but i showed him and he geeked out and showed all his co-workers. Success :banger:

Exhaust looks amazing on there!

Was gonna put the gas cap cover on there from passwordjdm that i ordered, buuutttttt I took an idea from another member on the forums here and got one of these. The specific color combo i chose pictured wasn't available so i shot an email to rucksters and they updated the site within the same day and i ordered it. Shipping didn't take long either, plus it's keyless!

Got a cup holder for it and added some appropriate graphics to the BB. Lookin good (and no im not gonna rice out and sticker bomb it, 1 is enough for me).

Some goodies ended up arriving from Drowsports. CRG mirror, NCY CDI, and LED turn signals (haven't installed signals yet).

Here is the NCY shock installed. I have to say i've only ridden a little on it, but i feel like it is a bit stiffer. Definitely not significantly stiffer, but then again it is adjustable which i have not messed with yet.

Gapping on the shock is perfect for those out there wondering with the fatty stretch.

CDI getting installed (no i did not mount it in the cup holder haha). No more annoying rev limiter at 47mph. I now hit 50mph+ and i gotta say its a bit scary on a scooter :lol: At the same time though, it's nice to see people's reaction when im either keeping up with them or passing them :banger:

Last but not least, a surprise. I was unable to GET 10in bars with the passwordjdm handlebars as they were out of stock. In the midst of all that bad news, there was good news. I stumbled upon these awesome bars from rpro. They look sickk and i have still not installed them. My ruck has come a long way in such short time. I think i will wait till winter for paint.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:43 pm 
I know everyone is sick of my ruck in the kitchen pics so here is one outside... With the new handlebars!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:56 pm 
keep up the good work man! :highfive:

you should paint the front frame and the engine black :banger: :popcorn:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:19 pm 
matRrucks wrote:
keep up the good work man! :highfive:

you should paint the front frame and the engine black :banger: :popcorn:

Thanks! Gonna do some painting in the winter for sure. Dont want that much time away from it in the summer! :banger:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:32 pm 
Sorry I haven't updated in a while guys. Buddy of mine picked up an orange ruckus I have been working on trying to get running. Will post pics of that soon! Aside from that got some updates for my build I will also post later!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:56 pm 
Got pics of the Orange Ruck I was working on and some parts update!

Got her running with a nice tune-up!

Cleaned the ruck, rejetted it, put some new rollers in the variator, and new belt. CVT case was messy so i got that cleaned up as well!

Back to riding my ruck!

Where i bought her..

Took a pic by my buddies mini truck! :banger:

Surprise! Brake kit came in from NCY. Would have went with something else but i got these for a great deal that was hard to pass up. Might get something better in the future but for right now it gets me off of drums and on to disks!

I also had a question i could not find an answer to. Does anyone know if i use the stock hub or will i need to use a kymco hub with a 12x4 wheel in the front? I'm pretty sure i would use a kymco hub, but i'm not 100% on that. If anyone can answer that, i would appreciate it. The wheel I decided on was a "Hate V.1" from the ruckhouse in reference to the question.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 pm 
Long time since I had an update on here and unfortunately this one isn't a good update :pissed: :headbashing: :cry: . My Ruckus and my friend's Met-Ruck were stolen last night around 10PM in Terre Haute, IN. I called the police at about 11PM after noticing it was gone and filled out a report and have it blasted all over facebook. If anyone in the area sees it or notices it posted online for sale please please let me know. This thing is my pride and joy and my friend just got into them with me and now he's pissed too. Sucks that someone would take something with so much hard work put into it and do this. Thanks everyone!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:30 pm 
Here is an updated pic of the ruck along with a pic of my buddie's Met-Ruck..PM me if you have any info or ask for my phone number, thanks again guys.