Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Rucklyfe's White/Purple GET Ruck
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:17 pm 
Hey guys, the name is Cory and i JUST picked up a 2016 Ruckus last week! Have already spent 10+ hours reading the forums here and finding out as much as possible about the bike and motor. Lots of great information and have already learned a lot. Most important thing i've learned from being on other forums is to never ask a question that's already been answered because chances are, someone has already wondered the same thing and it's been answered. Anyways I have already spent a great deal of cash into this moneypit of a bike and im loving it! Waiting on parts to start pouring through the door and then lots of build pics! :banger:

Last edited by RuckLyfe on Fri May 05, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Post subject: Re: New Ruckus! First Build!
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:40 pm 
ImageImage
Here she is just back from the dealer with 0 miles!

Last edited by RuckLyfe on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:44 pm 
Did some work to her, got her all naked! #weightreduction :banger:
Floorboard is out!
New Carbon Fiber floorboard is in, just need to get new bolts as i had some too short and some too long so that is a challenge for tomorrow.
Cleaned up the shed for some storage, fit perfect!

Last edited by RuckLyfe on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotse Inspector
Gotse Inspector
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:22 pm 

Way to get in there :highfive:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 pm 
Thanks for having me! Got the right bolts for the floorboard today! Still waiting on lots of parts to come in, hoping to get a lot done this weekend on it.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:08 pm 
Welcome... to the obsession!!

Ruckus Evolution.... The Punisher Build -----> The Knicks Build ------> UPDATE: The 250cc Gears of War Build (aka RuckFlex)

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:25 am 
Been a while since i posted on here and i've done a LOT to the ruck. Suppose I should update some pics for everyone!
Got the Yoshimura exhaust in along with the Anklebiter Cover and some Yellow Halo's (and tons of stickers for my mini fridge)!
As i was installing the exhaust UPS stopped by to drop this bad boy off! Adding some much needed low :banger:
Gotta love working in the kitchen as i have no garage, it works though. New exhausted was put on, sounds so great. Very loud and i like that because not a lot of Rucks around here so it feels good to turn heads when i pass by on a loud scooter!
Lowered seat bracket, not much to it. Simple mod that adds a lot of comfort. Also added 6g Dr. Pulley weights while i was at it with a Polini variator.
Here is a pic of the yellow lights. Unfortunately one blew out upon installing and starting it up so im in the midst of getting a replacement!

Last edited by RuckLyfe on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:34 am 
A few days after the last mod installs i got some more mail! And boy is this thing coming along quicker than i thought!
R6 taillights came in from Drowsports as they had everything i needed to make it look right! Their bracket for them is phenomenal!
R6 install looks great! Shedding lots of weight WITH STYLE!. The plate had to be left on the bracket there as i had not received my re-locator quite yet so bear with me!
Of course the Ruck would not be complete without the fatty kit from Mojo Customs! Have yet to install this as i have not had time away from my ruckus to do it. I'm always installing new things and wanting to get back out on the road with it. Preparing for this install this week though!
Here is a nice view of the Anklebiter and a PasswordJDM pulley! Love the look of the shotgun shells. It's the small things!
Got the license plate re-locator (most importantly) and some gold accents for the bike as thats kinda the theme here. And man is it nice to finally have pegs for this thing! Shout out to PasswordJDM for the parts here! That's all for now. Will have to take some more pics of the Ruck with everything installed later this week! It looks better and better everyday though! I have a nice surprise coming later today so i will have to show that off!

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:22 am 
have you done much riding since pulley install? how do you like the performance of the PasswordJDM pulley? how much different or same is the ramp on the pulley compared to stock?

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:36 am 
Making quick work of this, looking good so far :highfive: :popcorn:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:09 pm 
tj073077 wrote:
have you done much riding since pulley install? how do you like the performance of the PasswordJDM pulley? how much different or same is the ramp on the pulley compared to stock?

It's not really meant for any performance gains according to PasswordJDM. It just adds a nice touch to the look. They also mention it's a pound heavier, which is obvious as it's much bigger than the stock pulley. I like the look of it though!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 pm 
DownShiftDom wrote:
Making quick work of this, looking good so far :highfive: :popcorn:

Thanks! Addicted as ever to this thing. Mods have never been easier though. Compared to working on a BMW this thing is cake! And nothing makes me happier than the stares i get from people wondering why a scooter looks this way :highfive:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:20 pm 
Surprise everyone! I got a ramp for my bike to get into the house a bit easier to work on the ruck. I had a plank of wood i was using but it was not long enough and i would scrape when going up there with it. I'd scrape even more after the stretch soo NO MORE SCRAPE!
Finally some nice pics of the ruck for everyone to see!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:30 am 
Got some more things done, next is the mojo stretch as i am more than ready for it!
Trimmed the rear oem taillight bracket. I'm not done yet of course, it was getting late at night and hard to see so more work to be done here!
With the help of T?@\7 I was able to get the carb off to rejet it (38SJ/80MJ) and got rid of the screws holding it on and replaced them with some bolts from a hardware store. The exhaust sounds like it should now that i rejetted it!
At the same time i was rejetting i got the intake on and the old bulky airbox off along with the rear fender! Also installed the kickstand for some gangster lean :banger:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:30 pm 
Finally got that stretch on guys! I have to give a lot of credit to the very detailed write-up from DarthEmma on how to go about doing the stretch with this particular kit. It got me through it very fast and it came out perfect! :banger: :banger: Here is a link for the write-up if anyone wants to take a look at it!
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=82213
Here is the engine dismounted!
Got her all done! Went with the 10in Mojo Stretch.
Took her outside for some pics!
Looks 10x better! All mojo'd out! :banger: A lot of work and effort went into this thing. Starting to look really good!