Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Re: Marilyn Monroe
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 am 
Tonight my next paycheck will hit my account. I will be buying a silver Trail Tech Vapor Speedo, when it comes in I will go GET the proper size die tap for the disc brake adaptor. My wife and I went for a ride to the grocery store and took the long way back through the community this weekend. Got back to the house and my wife asked me the question I have been waiting for since we bought her Metropolitan. How can we make mine go faster and have a little more power on the hills? She doesn't want to alter the original look of the Metropolitan, so my mods will be limited. I plan on starting with a Polini variator, Polini kevlar belt, Polini white and blue torque clutch springs, and two sets of Dr. Pulley sliders 5.5g and 6.0g. Figure that would be a good start, I am kinda limited with the 2015 because it is fuel injected. I got everything base priced out and I'm looking at about 140 before tax and shipping. I want to GET everything installed before riding season starts so the next couple paychecks. I have some parts and fluids planned out for next month to prep mine for riding season this year. More updates to come.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 am 
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo on its way, I hope it will be in by next week sometime. More updates to come.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm 
Love both scoots!! What about painting your frame matte black!

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 am 
Ruckus12x7 wrote:
Love both scoots!! What about painting your frame matte black!

Paint is going to be the last thing I do other than some minor tuning. The current plan is to GET everything powder coated this winter coming up for version 3. Not going to be keeping the black though, going with a traditional Chevy Bel Air paint color. I found a company that offers original colors in powder coat, a pound of the color I want is 35 bucks. Hopefully this time next year this project will be close to complete.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:59 am 
Update from yesterday:

Sorry wanted to post this yesterday, but ended up passing out at 8pm. So yesterday I took Marilyn out to GET the mail, I guess when I installed the bolts for the disc brake I forgot to use loctite on one of them. I was riding at about 25 mph went to use the brake which caused the disc brake to wedge against the front rim and completely seized the front wheel. The asshole behind me that was on my ass almost rear ended me at 25 mph. I am fine no major damage to Marilyn the NCY brake caliper is missing a little paint and the front rim's outer lip got scuffed. After GETting the mail I got home and realized I was completely missing a bolt. :headbashing: So I went to True Value and got a set of replacement bolts as well some red loctite for the disc brake bolts.

Here is the disc brake when I got home:

I did GET my Silver Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer in yesterday from Steady Garage. Thank god they loaded the box up with lots of packing material, because my US Mail people suck. Box looked like they kicked it around then shoved it into my mailbox. I removed my old Trail Tech TTO Tachometer and stock speedo. I installed the new speedo where my my old one use to be, gotta say the new speedo is way bigger than I thought and I like it. I temporarily wired up the power, red directly to the battery, and black to the front frame. My OCD kicked in and I need to find a good ground in the battery box to clean up the look. I also didn't realize the one I bought didn't come with the disc brake threaded speedo cable just the stock plastic one. So instead of buying the cable and waiting another week or two I did some mod work to my disc brake adaptor with good results. It works well for the NCY 2 piston caliper set up. I drilled a small hole using a 3/32's drill bit and then used the threaded screw that came with the kit to install the measuring device on the inside section of the brake adaptor. I will post pictures below of how I did it for anyone else with my setup using only the kit. I did dremel down the screw because it is a little bit long. Also because I am OCD I am going to pull off the front wheel today, mount the magnet to a fan, and turn it on so I can match my stock speedo's odometer readings. I will post some more pictures tonight when I get all the settings done for people using my front wheel and the mounted speedo cable. Photos below of my current progress.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31 am 
Damn. Getting hit could totally ruin your day (or week, or year). Glad you are ok.

(I'm going to go tighten bolts now)

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:50 am 
lilpinny wrote:
Damn. Getting hit could totally ruin your day (or week, or year). Glad you are ok.

(I'm going to go tighten bolts now)

Yah I double checked all my bolts, it looks like that one was the only one I didn't loctite. Now it's all secured with red loctite not taking any chances.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:52 pm 
Small update:

So I got my haircut and on the way home filled up my 5 gallon and my 2.5 gallon gas cans with 97 octane gas mixed with Seafoam. It's GETting close to riding season here and I needed fresh gas especially for my wife's EFI Metropolitan. Got back home and went to work on Marilyn. I pulled off the front wheel and brake caliper so I could work on matching my new Vapor speedometer's odometer to my original speedometer's. This way I don't have to do math everytime I want to see when I need to service her, plus my OCD needs everything to match. I hooked up one of the magnets to my torque wrench and mounted my brake caliper to a chair. Used a zip tie to hold down the on switch for my torque wrench and let it spin for 4 hours. After 4 hours of spinning my Vapor speedometer's odometer matched my original speedometer. I also found the max speed the Vapor speedometer will read which is 299.99 mph. After my odometer was calibrated I calculated the tire size. A Shinko 120/70-R12 Whitewall Tire is about 480mm which when you multiply by the 3.14 gives you 1507.3 for the tire setting. I plugged in 1507 into my Vapor and then checked it against my phone's GPS Speedometer app. Found that the 1507 was too much so I dropped it down to 1500 for the tire size. Now my trip miles matched exactly my mph was off by one. My Vapor speedo says I am doing 40 and my GPS speedo says I am going 41. I will do some fine tuning on Friday. I am very happy with my results and the Vapor speedo. It's nice having a working speedometer again. More updates to come.

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:04 pm 
Who that ocd dedication. Nice you got it though.

kscustom independent since 2005 not to be confused with the other guy

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:14 pm 
That is hilarious! :banger:

Looking forward to see how you mounted the pick-up on the bracket. I still need to install my Veypor which has been sitting in its box for over a year! Lol

'The Darkness'

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:36 am 
ogmofo wrote:
Who that ocd dedication. Nice you got it though.

Haha thanks. :highfive:

Version2.0 wrote:
That is hilarious! :banger:

Looking forward to see how you mounted the pick-up on the bracket. I still need to install my Veypor which has been sitting in its box for over a year! Lol

I put the pickup for the speedo on the back side of the brake adaptor. All you have to do is drill a single hole, I used a 3/32 drill bit. Then put the adaptor in my vice grips with a cloth and used the screw that came with the kit. Then I dremeled the tip of the screw flush with the mount. There is plenty of room between the caliper and pickup, works great. I think if I redo my front set up when I paint/powder coat I might consider using a pop rivet instead of the screw. The pickup itself is completely concealed all you see is the cable. I will take a picture of the caliper area tonight when I GET home. Here is a picture of the pickup mounted to the NCY brake adaptor.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:17 am 
Version here is the picture of the pickup all mounted up.

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 am 
Sweet! Thanks!

'The Darkness'

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 pm 
Version2.0 wrote:
Sweet! Thanks!

No problem hope it helps.

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:56 pm 
If only it would warm up enough to go work out in the garage. Lol

'The Darkness'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next