Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Lil Pinny's Build Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:17 pm 
Finally got off my duff and started taking down the ruck for powder coating. Question: Do people usually also powder coat all that stuff under the BB (battery holder, ECM bracket)? as well as the frame. Seems like I might as well do it, even though no one will ever see it. :meh:

I hang parts of my harness from the ECM bracket... dunno if that's the best way but it works for me.

Also: Security screws! Fun! :D

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Ride Game Participant
Ride Game Participant
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Living room mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:47 pm 
If you're PC'ing the front frame, I do believe everything needs to be removed. Everything. Or not, and pay to have the shop remove it. Idk mate

fuck.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 pm 
Yeah. Thanks man.

Everything is removed, the question is should I bother getting those brackets pc'd before I stick them back on?

Part of me says yes, if it's like a car you want everything under the hood to look good. Part of me says no, fuck it, I'm just going to put a birds nest of a harness over it, add a ton of zip ties and cover it all up with the bb cover. Maybe save some dough.

I'm leaning towards not having those brackets pc'd. I'm never going to pull off the bb box to show that off. There is nothing to show off.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 pm 
off to the powder coater today.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 am 
EXCITING! I'm stoked to see this!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:11 pm 
JustRuss wrote:
EXCITING! I'm stoked to see this!

Thanks! Me too!

I decided to stick with the gloss black. Mostly due to budget constraints. I took into consideration that every part you get already comes in honda gloss black and/or raw/polished. If I went matte black, i'd have to PC every part and every part going forward. Maybe one day when I get it into a configuration I totally don't want to change and call it "done" I'll do it up. It's far from done though... (is it ever really "done" though?)

so, :meh:

It'll be shiny. I'm excited to see it as well. I'm just happy I finally got around to getting the frame PC'd. Heck, it'll be almost like a new bike... PC'd front frame, brand spankin' new rear frame, new composimo mount, rear sets, new triple tree, different peg config, new seat cover. Hot damn!

-=l

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:00 pm 
I should add that 90% of these parts I've had in boxes in my closet that I never had a chance to do anything with. Like the mnnthbx triple tree I've had for at least a year in my closet.

It all came out of the closet

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 pm 
Brain salad surgery:

After the "falling" I notice no major damage

Everything is still straight. It looks like I just messed up my clutch cover

Started by putting a Dorby frame brace on. Had some questions and Ying over there was polite and answered my questions on a sunday.

That's gonna look dope.

I'm going to wire a blackout switch, just because I'm a bad person, for kicks while waiting for the frame to get back from PC. I'll hide it under the seat.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:53 am 
lilpinny wrote:
But what I will say, and I don't think this breaks the agreement, is that when you get older, like me I'm 46, you have certain responsibilities. You are really good at your job, you have kids and need to support them.

But, they can find someone that will take half the money you make to do a really poor job at what you used to do. That's age discrimination. I am in no way accusing them of that, but I call balls and strikes.

So usually in this situation, they pay you to make you go away and not take them to court.

Ok, cool. I don't want to be there anyway.

I am in technology here in the Northeast and literally see it all the time. Either folks make too much or they didn't keep up with trends and end up holding companies back. I'm at a place now that brought me in when the old director retired. Looked like nothing had been upgraded in almost a decade.

Up here we almost always come to a severance agreement that is beneficial for both parties. I hope everything works out and this isn't a long drawn out process.

:canuck:

Slave I

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 pm 
PC guy won't get to the work until late this week or early next. Shaved all the little bits off the rear frame that aren't needed. The whole thing is in for PC... front and rear frames, DORF, headlight assembly, rearsets outside of the ankle biter and the little mnnthbx tag holder thinger (I forget what they are called). I did finish the seat in the meantime:

What I might get into while I got some time is to shorten the cables on the AFR sensor and gauge... while I look for a job (one that will give me a new laptop :D ).

Being between laptops sucks. Using just a phone for TR, Slack and imgur is a totally different experience. I kicked my kids off the "family" mac so I could write this :D Or I could go to the library like oldfart :D

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:21 pm 
HT Moto seats are the best.

I have around 8 years and thousands of miles on mine.

I did just notice, while in the garage checking out my new bike (hehehe), that the HT Moto tag has faded. Otherwise it looks the same as the day I put it on.

'The Darkness'

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:29 pm 
Version2.0 wrote:
HT Moto seats are the best.

I have around 8 years and thousands of miles on mine.

I did just notice, while in the garage checking out my new bike (hehehe), that the HT Moto tag has faded. Otherwise it looks the same as the day I put it on.

I think it's really well made and the price ain't bad at all. The ruckus seat however will still vibrate your nuts until they go numb.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Bathroom mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 pm 
Pinhead!

King Ghidorah

JamesDean wrote:
Most people would say OWNING a Ruckus is retarded.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:21 pm 
Tanuki wrote:
Pinhead!

I'm still here! Just been distracted lately... Had to give back my laptop which I sat on all day (which is how I can post all the time). Still working on the Little Kings patch. My guy is busy... but...:

I still got the money. I'll throw in my half and give it to him when he's done.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 pm 
Vad3r wrote:
lilpinny wrote:
But what I will say, and I don't think this breaks the agreement, is that when you get older, like me I'm 46, you have certain responsibilities. You are really good at your job, you have kids and need to support them.

But, they can find someone that will take half the money you make to do a really poor job at what you used to do. That's age discrimination. I am in no way accusing them of that, but I call balls and strikes.

So usually in this situation, they pay you to make you go away and not take them to court.

Ok, cool. I don't want to be there anyway.

I am in technology here in the Northeast and literally see it all the time. Either folks make too much or they didn't keep up with trends and end up holding companies back. I'm at a place now that brought me in when the old director retired. Looked like nothing had been upgraded in almost a decade.

Up here we almost always come to a severance agreement that is beneficial for both parties. I hope everything works out and this isn't a long drawn out process.

:canuck:

Thanks!

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next