GY6 Swap, Front End re-do -> see page 3
Added a pollini hi speed varilator with mixed 4gram and 5.6 wiehhts. Also put on a Kevlar belt.
Got a dynatech ignition and NGK spark plug that'll go in this week.
I started out a with a 2015 Ruckus. My plan was to save up some dough and do a little cosmetic work to it to make it decent. Then save a little more and do some performance work. Then save a little more and work more on the cosmetic. I'm about 1/3'rd through that process. Much of this is still a learning curve for me.
First the new Ruck:
All brand new with the high seat, the light thing hanging off the back and the duck bill. Well, the back of the scooter is the first to get worked on.
Off with the seat and dig into the big box of parts:
First thing is I started installing a turtlehead light and DORF seat frame from MNNTHBX. Greg and those guys over there have some great parts and have been a great help when I've had questions. Rigging up the seat:
Put footpegs on it as well. Then put it all back together and was left with a cool seat and tail light but still had the duck bill and that little piece of metal where the previous light assembly was attached.
So off with the seat again and time to grind. This was my first time grinding metal off like that. I think I did ok but I know I'll have to go back in and grind it off some more. Hit it with a shot of gloss black spray paint.
Also removed the fender:
I ended up putting the fender back on and just cutting it off. I'm a big guy and with all my weight over the shock like that I was bottoming out alot and the wheel rubbed against the engine lines. I also hung a MNNTHBX license plate holder on it to cover up the grind marks... but the license sat so low the wheel munched the heck out of it. I'll have to get a new plate cause the old one looks bad (notice no pic of that)
So that's it. Off to the state inspector to get a sticker. Then off to the tax office for a new plate. I have another bag of parts that includes a new varilator, weights, belt and a CDI. I might change the ignition before the CDI. Maybe leave the CDI off for a while.
Then once my bank account allows me, it's time to extend the frame and work on the front.
Right now it rides nice and except for the little clean up I have to do with the plate it's awesome.
More to follow!