Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Another Turbo GY6 Ruckus..... this time its complete!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:59 pm 
any updates? about to start my mbe efi setup. which is pretty much identical to ecotrons

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:35 am 
white06scoot wrote:
any updates? about to start my mbe efi setup. which is pretty much identical to ecotrons

I finally got a new fuel pump this week and got it back up and running.
Its Kind of cold and wet, so tuning progress has been slow. I have some free time today, so we'll see how it goes.

Two nights ago I did a bit of cruising and tuning. Still running into some bugs...
ON being the Engine Temperature sensor is wigging out. It typically sticks at 150 degree C :ucrazy:
Then It will suddenly drop back to 20 degrees and the bike goes dead rich and start running really bad.
Trying to sort out why that is going on, or work around it.

The calibrations/Maps are really goofy when it comes to labels. I'm having a hard time understanding which map does exactly what when it honestly seems straight forward. But none of the changes are working for me. I've got an email out to Ecotrons support with a video, I doubt I'll get any sort of helpful response :-(

Heres a video Loading it up in the shop, reving it a bit. It sounds like its misfiring, but I really think its my phone.... I dont remember that IRL. it was running pretty smooth.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c15E-dMrxc[/youtube]

Here's the Video Of the ECT issue Im having.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yBpG8xzDA[/youtube]

180cc Metropolitan

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:14 pm 
metwhitey wrote:
white06scoot wrote:

Its Kind of cold and wet, so tuning progress has been slow. I have some free time today, so we'll see how it goes.

Two nights ago I did a bit of cruising and tuning. Still running into some bugs...
ON being the Engine Temperature sensor is wigging out. It typically sticks at 150 degree C :ucrazy:
Then It will suddenly drop back to 20 degrees and the bike goes dead rich and start running really bad.

The calibrations/Maps are really goofy when it comes to labels. I'm having a hard time understanding which map does exactly what when it honestly seems straight forward. But none of the changes are working for me. I've got an email out to Ecotrons support with a video, I doubt I'll get any sort of helpful response :-(

Heres a video Loading it up in the shop, reving it a bit. It sounds like its misfiring, but I really think its my phone.... I dont remember that IRL. it was running pretty smooth.

Nice build! Seems like a lot of people getting involved with turboing their rucks just fall off the edge of the earth lol. I feel for those without the tools and skills to fab everything up. I'd imagine it would be pretty pricey for someone to pay to get everything done. I've recently finished up my wife's turbo gy6 ruck as well running the Ecotrons EFI. We had a problem with the ECU making poor contact with the harness plug causing similar issues and also cutting our system on and off randomly.

I feel your pain on the tuning. As of right now we are only seeing 3-5 psi of boost. I'm not sure if our motor is capable of building anymore boost, but would love to see higher numbers also.

Do you know how much boost you're getting?

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:05 am 
Very nice! :D

:popcorn:

Greeley Scooter and Bike-R.I.P.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm 
houseofpaint wrote:
metwhitey wrote:
white06scoot wrote:

Nice build! Seems like a lot of people getting involved with turboing their rucks just fall off the edge of the earth lol. I feel for those without the tools and skills to fab everything up. I'd imagine it would be pretty pricey for someone to pay to get everything done. I've recently finished up my wife's turbo gy6 ruck as well running the Ecotrons EFI. We had a problem with the ECU making poor contact with the harness plug causing similar issues and also cutting our system on and off randomly.

I feel your pain on the tuning. As of right now we are only seeing 3-5 psi of boost. I'm not sure if our motor is capable of building anymore boost, but would love to see higher numbers also.

Do you know how much boost you're getting?

No boost yet, Charge pipe is still venting to atmosphere.

Matt @ ecotrons sent me a new ECT sensor this week to correct that issue, seems to be good so far, but now my cold start needs some tuning with he functioning sensor.

hopefully this is the last of the bugs, Im heading out to go play with it some more right now Will take some more videos of my progress. I think its actually ready for some boost....

180cc Metropolitan

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:55 am 
any videos ?

GROM - viewtopic.php?f=200&t=93316

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:13 am 
This ruck is so damn sick. :popcorn:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:02 pm 
Incase any one elses searches lands them here:
-Guys turboed ruck never "really" worked
-Had a part out but was super shady about everything

Another Turbo EFI GY6 Ruckus dead...
_END THREAD_

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TR

Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:56 pm 
damn. another turbo ruck to die. i want to do it but im scared of the tuning end