I've been wanting to do this for over a year or two, After finally collecting enough parts and making time for it. I can finally say its done!!
I've spent the last 12 years or so of my life building things like this... I feel pretty confident I can Turbocharge my Ruckus!!
Anyways, on to the Ruckus.... There seems to be no real information on making it work properly or power, boost, results, etc....
If we can quadruple the horsepower on 4 cylinders, v8's, etc.... why cant we make a ruckus the same? Drift Ruckus maybe..?
Lol, thats a little far fetched, but the reality of it is there!! either that or I'm about to find out the hard way why.... $$$$$$$$$$$
I just want to do rolling burnouts at 20 mph or so!!
Anyways, Bike is a 2014 Ruckus with a 180cc GY6 swap, Custom rear Frame, custom gas tank, custom everything, 12" wheels, blah, blah, blah...
Ecotrons EFI conversion, IHI Vz21 turbo. Vortech blow off Valve I think..
Playing with Turbo Placement.
I originally was going to mount lower near the Spark plug, but then I realized I could get away with a much simpler Oil drain setup! No tearing the motor down or tapping shit. (for the return at least)
I think this will work well, no intercooler for now. Layout is sorted.
A buddy hooked me up with a special fitting that goes to a catchcan setup. It now drains directly back into the fill hole! Its just a simple aluminum barb fitting that replaces the dipstick. I wanted to use nice AN lines, but the run is way to short to fit, two fittings, flanges and hose.... so rubber it is...
I normally hate pie cut crap, its soooo tedious and it doesn't appeal to me.... but whatever I think it will be fitting on this bike, plus it allows me to keep the exhaust nice and tight with the bike.
Back purged and welded, takes forever to not overheat....
that polished pipe tho
All the Exhaust components are built from stainless steel and the intake is Aluminum.
I've had this BOV in my tool box for years, it came off of Paxton or Vortech supercharged Viper that I Twin Turbo'd!
Its kinda big, but its adjustable and Black!
The Ecotrons setup is a Pain in the Dick. Its been hard to deal with, but I think I have it sorted out and running well finally.
The install is easy, except for the Fuel system. you can expect to replace half the fittings with the correct size and/or line.
My Bluetooth phone logger already quit working, and I've had one ecu go bad. They cant even tell me what injector they sold me... it sucks.
The narrow band O2 sensor provided never worked, but that's Ok you shouldn't rely on that anyways. Wideband AEM it is!!
I mounted the ECU on a tray under the seat hidden. Stuffing all the wiring and components was tough, I wasn't about to cut up the ECOTRons harness!!! the Rest of my harness was tucked away previously.
Custom Battery Tray for to hold my 9lb walmart battery...
Fortunately It fired right up! the base map was pretty lean once the bike was warmed up and Revving.
Heres a video of it idling that day before any tuning, Base Map
I cruised it for a day or two on the base map to get a feel for everything, very low throttle inputs, slow speeds and acceleration. It had a few dead spots in the MAP and would hesitate.
Over the past few days, I made some good progress tuning out the issues and getting closer to actually getting into boost. I've had to add about 30% more fuel all around thus far and totally tuned out the dead spots/ hesitation. I want to take it real slow and ensure everything is going as intended. Not looking forward to building any more motors
The Tuning is Very Time consuming, The Ecotrons has to Flash the ECU everytime you want to make a change. It will not work on the fly...
I'd like to Ceramic Coat The Header and Turbine housing black! Leaving the polished Exhaust!