Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: COTERIE.WEST : Project Sadie : Grom125 : Minkus UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm 
7/8/14 : Project Sadie : COTERIE.WEST

http://www.facebook.com/Coterie.west
http://www.instagram.com/coterie_west

Thanks to Motochamp for the plug via MOTOCHAMP MAGAZINE of japan while they were in town to cover #killerss2014 this past april. Huge shout out to Jensen aka @JAER_SDR for the find. Please mind the helmet hair.

Cheers!

ps, I can't wait to update you guys this Friday 7/11/14

FB :http://www.facebook.com/coterie.west
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/coterie_west

------------------------------------------------------------
6/3/2014

Met up and rode with some of the friends for #SOCALTNR :highfive:

-----------------------------------

Finally, I've been so busy post Super Sunday taking care of things and getting ready for my trip. I had to opportunity to shoot the now titled Sadie last week, but I just haven't had the time to prep and or edit the photos until now. I guess, we'll save the story telling for later since most on this forum that's been following already have an idea of whats been done and what not.

Cheers!

This photo right here will give you an idea of what I had in mind the day I got here in hand from the dealer. The foundation was set the day I sold off my OLD Honda Ruckus project : Maggie. After her refreshment for the #killerss2013 ride last year, she was parted out within a few weeks of her refreshment so I knew this would be her color going into this build. This pathetic rendering you see here was made up in August 2013, Almost a year now : (

an full on side view should show you whats been done since its conception.

Coming into this build, I knew I had to get at some of my friends in the Ruckus world for their take on Grom125 parts. Thanks to Greg ( @mnnthbx ), a few PM's later, I decided on his Steering stem which allows for the usage of the Scott's steering damper. If its anything like the fit on his Taillight kit for the Grom125, you know I had to have it.

Paired to the Steering setup, I shimmed the stem to allow for my 7/8 Spooncraft bar and mated them with my favorite Master Cylinder by Daytona (nissin) like I have on all of my bikes. To keep with the full Japanese quality of stuff, I also went with a Daytona left hand clutch perch in black anodize. If you look closely, one of the things that bug the shit out of me is the nasty choice of wires and its protection sleeves that it comes with from factory, I decided to minimize all of that and loomed it into a slim and much more cleaner mesh loop that you will see it carry on through parts of the bike as I have yet to full committing the whole bike in fear of any down time... its summer time guys and I have to ride. haha

Roots run deep with the older brother Ct70

If you paid any attention to this build, Lots of the parts I bought for her was most, if not all replaced from the trials and errors stage. I thought I wanted to go this "route" then this "route", ultimately, it felt like a huge waste of time as I really should have went the way I originally intended it to go. Not everything was bad by doing so, It really got me thinking as I was pursuing and testing products I feel as a brand that I should and shouldn't carry. If its good enough for me to use on my own bike, I am sure comfortable in selling it because the quality has to be the best when it boils down to what works, and whats better off as paper weight. Thanks to Jason (@mopedmotionusa) I will be replacing the upper gas tank cowl with a much better fit and finish real soon. I will update this post as soon as I do.

I already had a good idea of the companies I wanted to do some work with from Japan. Thanks to Takegawa, G-craft, Over Racing and more for taking care of me for this one. Billet aluminum and Titanium goodness.

Another special part that I got exclusively from Greg at Mnnthbx, was this Black spring version shock of the one of the best suspension manufactures available in the world, Ohlins.

When you think Honda, you have to think Mugen.

Looking from behind, not many will notice, but I had a new and much different exhaust bracket made to resemble the original style OVER RACING exhaust brackets with the curve to really give it the look. Reason being, the factory OverRacing bracket wouldn't work since I removed the factory rear set and added this G-Craft version as that bracket was bolted to the OEM unit

Over Racing.

Like most of the parts on this build, I had to have it. Since day one, OVER RACING was the one to get, Unfortunately at the time, Japan had yet to release any production units for the Grom125 so I had to wait it out, JUST to see that they released the "high hang" model to my disappointment because I was surely stuck on a low rise unit and thanks to the guys over at OR, my dreams came true with this one.

The colors...

"Run through with this Great Power!"

Through out the bike, I knew I had to have some G-craft pieces to go with the theme.

More G-craft parts. Caliper support for the Front and Rear P32/p34 caliper from Brembo and Swing arm...

The handmade AN -3 brake lines connect the Caliper to the OEM nissan rear brake master cylinder that now houses the brake fluid via more g-craft.

My good friends Andrew and Jay of @drowsports really helped out with the final pieces to get this bike going as well. a Gold Renthal R1 chain custom made to accommodate for the G-Craft swingarm's additional length and a FMF rear sprocket to get this thing going from the dig.

So, going into this project, like all "projects" The wheels will be a make it or brake it kind of deal. Problem was, I loved the oem Enkei wheels that come with the factory bike already. Even if I were to get some Over Racing wheels, it would be the split 10 model that looks JUST like factory. My next best thing, I talked to some friends and we came out with this finish for the Enkei's and I have to say, it came out looking 10x better than I thought it word. Iffy at first, I originally wanted something to match with the gold ANODIZE on the front works. Original paint off of a car or POWDERCOAT wouldn't get the look I was going for so thanks to some friends of mine in the "industry" we came out with this finished that fucking rocked.

Some fresh stagger Dunlop TT92's were pulled from storage and thrown onto these wheels after some Slicks that I originally had installed was put to the side for some potential Track days in the future.

Billet Takegawa gold spacer kit to reduce additional weight

Sitting on top of the forks...

K Factory Titanium fork guards

Kiwi2racing to go with the Tyga undercowl.

Steel braided lines go with with the Oil Cooler kit. Behind that, some tucked wires for a nicer installation along with a race NGK coil kit and plug...

...and right above that, my first mod on this project Grom, a Custom BTX intake kit with a Full Brass Stack and filter.

Looking straight down, you got a hero to it all, Ivan. Now, not many people will know this man or his story, but lets just say he's fucking kick ass and I'm happy to have my friend along with the ride. Thank you #DMBK crew for this one

OverSpec Wings logo in Black to replace the ugly and impossible-to-remove OEM stickie.

Projecting me into the night, this custom CFL Angel eye TDM retrofit with HID kit replaces the gaudy original unit. The bunny ear factory signals were also ditched in favor of these LED signals that stay running on white LED's until you signal and the amber color kicks in. Housing them down are an awesome pair of MNNTHBX covers that people really should get to know. The tight fit and knowledge knowing that I won't fit a bump and your makeshift brackets and lights will go missing is enough for me :wink:

The last thing I believe I'm missing is our Mspec seat line that we make and offer to the public.

Our very own, Mspec GP seat for the Grom / msx125 moto. Inspired with speed and comfort in mind, our Mspec seat is a SURE upgrade over the factory seat. Its sleek profile and feel will definitely put you in your place, keeping the weight center, while the rear "cowl" hub adds a much aggressive "GP" look over factory, it also seconds as a passenger seat if needed with its sturdy and mutually comfortable surface.

Our seat in picture uses our Thick Grey stitch with the perforated center for added comfort as it allows your area of contact to breath all while keeping you planted and cool. These seats are limited for the time being and will be made by request / pre-pay. Please send all requests to CoterieProject(@)gmail.com or simply PM me here on this forum for additional questions

Because looking cool and riding cool go hand in hand.

Thank you for looking. More on this coming real soon as we'll be doing some collaboration work with some friends and partners to get this thing up to speed for the rest of the riding season. Mods list for those who are interested is coming soon. Next stop, Hawaii for the annual Con Ride!

peace and love
-Minkus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/13/14 update

My wheels are here...

Gold..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the followers on IG already know but if you havent already (@MING45) I'll get something posted up here...

Why the !@#$ haven't I posted in here? With that said, this is just one of the many projects need finishing for KILLERSS2014.

These photos date back to August 16th of 2013. At the time, I believe I was one of the first or 2nd to have a personal Grom before they released them to the public. I'll get some updated pictures in due time. Until then, Cheers and thanks for watching.

Picking her up and taking her home on the 16th of August.

First spin around the block

First "photo" outing. Out with the old project, In with the New. Trust me, it was hard letting her go.

Because the stock tires were made for one reason and one reason only.

which brings us up til a few weeks back. The reason for keeping this thing as stock as possible was so that I could fully learn the in's and outs of this thing. Modding on the "fly" was something I wanted to keep away, but knowing me, that feeling can only last so long. Stocks not cool, building how you want, now thats cool.

More to come soon!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/11/13 update

The Tyga undercowl is really my favorite of the bunch. So I stuck with it. Theres so many Tyga products taking over the Grom market, its almost like a catalog build :( However, a few of the pc's do get my attention. This being one of them :highfive:

and

Brembo P32 upgrade and BLACK goodridge stainless steel brake lines are on the way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/12/13 Update
a little update for the day. That Tyga undercowl for a one man job is a slight pain as EzekielWhore Mike said. A few paint chips here and there and a bit of frost bite from the WANT to get this thing on during a winter night. 40 degrees is too cold for a Socal native haha.

Some day time photos for keep you guys busy. Don't mind the dust on this thing, the shop is not the cleanest of places

SpoonCraft Low black bars are on. Perfect sizes for me personally. The angle is on point, and its never a bad thing when you get Japanese parts right? Paired to the bars is a set of grips I ordered from Japan. I forget the name, but I feel like the color goes well with the Black bike. To make lane splitting a breeze, a single 3 inch CRG foldable mirror was thrown in on the mix.

The details before the brake upgrade. Sticker removal.

Devil's eye Projector and HID upgrade. I can't say that was my choice mod, but after riding it around at night, I fell in love. With that, I knew I had to add some sort of Red to go with the lights, so my spare dress up washers went on the side signal covers painted in black to have it pop a bit. Come CF cutouts fill the factory signals which were replace with a nice set of Bright Integrated signals which light up a crystal white and changes to amber when the signal is engaged. Peeping through the photos, you will see a BTX Cold air intake kit made specifically for the Grom125. Nothing on paper just yet, but I can tell from the daily rides, that theres a difference. I can't wait til more people get in on this is truly give us more their .02 cents on this. BTX Industries GROM125 / MSX125 Cold Air INTAKE system

The same theory applies to the turn signals, a set of GOLD washers went on the new replacement TYGA CF front fender to get a match with the factory gold forks.

One of my absolute Favorite mods on this bike so far is the MNNTHBX taillight setup. The fit and overall execution for a replacement light is here. I was a strong believe in the stock unit but this thing is something else. I'll probably get to work on a bracket to flip the license plate back to a horizontal setup soon, but for now, it'll do just fine.

Another big mod that I'm still getting used to, is the Tyga CF full exhaust setup. The initial ride was in 40 degree weather after an ecu reset. Thanks to my good friends Slevin and Garythesnail I was able to use this for testing. After a day ride the next day, I can truly say I'm happy with where the bike is now... at least for the time being. More on this soon

boom.

12/13/13 update : Brembo BBK upgrade

After

The Front installation portion was cake for a one man Job with somewhat of the right tools. During installation, I also went back to the drawing board on the color of "dress up" washers and replaced alot of the original Gold pc's to Black to better blend in and match. I should invest in a set of ramps to aid in the process for future work.

The rear conversion was more of a pain to install without the proper lift or without a second hand to aid in the process. The Rear Bracket had come untapped for the bolts that I needed to source for install. After some digging in the Garage, I was able to test them on to see the fit and lo and behold, the bracket needed some machining to properly fit the caliper. I had to come up with a makeshift jig to have the bike semi propped up. The Black Stainless braided Brake lines I ordered ended up BARELY fitting due to the fittings I ordered at the wrong angles. Don't do what I did and Assume it would work. Measure twice, purchase once... I think that's the correct saying. Regardless, I made it work and after some adjustments to the rear half, I feel like A slightly bigger rear M/C might be on order, but the stock unit at the moment will work out just fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/16/13 : Update

Custom Brass Stack now installed onto the BTX intake kit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/14/14 playing the waiting game sucks.. but its finally here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/14 : Test fit. Sounds tame compared to the Tyga but im happy.

1/30/14 : slowly but surely...

-Ming
Coterie.West

http://www.INSTAGRAM.com/ming45
2014 GROM125 Build
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=87888
anti-cookie cutter x Kiwi2racing
hi haters :wavehello

Last edited by minkus on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Minkus : Is there room for a Grom here?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:14 pm 
:popcorn: good stuff!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:31 pm 
:popcorn: my guy !! :banger:

Follow the build on IG @ka0bit0 Image

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 am 
1/31/14 : Gcraft, this thing is beautiful. I gotta polish out the weld areas to clean it up a bit but I'm stoked so far.

2014 GROM125 Build

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 am 
:popcorn: :highfive:

"STELLA"
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48985

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:03 pm 
Looks B E A S T. :highfive:

SSW TR-BUILD THREADS.
-
GRAPHIC WORK.

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 pm 
My Idol!!!

www.DROWsports.com
My 232cc GY6 Ruckus

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 pm 
2/5/14

custom lines are going into this one. Daytona Nissin Black brake master cylinder with short levers. The matching left side clutch lever is on the way as well. :highfive:

2014 GROM125 Build

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:46 pm 
Good stuff Ming, can't wait to see what's in store next! :popcorn:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 am 
2/24/14 : decent sized update haha

G craft

goes with this

Brakes

Suspension, huge thanks to the Greg and the rest of the awesome guys over at WWW.MNNTHBX.COM for this stuff. Fucking love it. OHLINS x SCOTTS x MNNTHBX

GOLD Renthal chain setup courtesy of Drowsports.com

Takegawa billet Crank covers

to tie them all together..

Cheers.

2014 GROM125 Build

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 pm 
Bike looks awesome might be picking one up myself soon.
How you liking it so far?

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 pm 
This thing is bad ass! Nice work sir! :highfive:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:53 am 
3 wrote:
This thing is bad ass! Nice work sir! :highfive:

Thanks Brad, I'm working hard to get this done ASAP :highfive:

2014 GROM125 Build

TR's High Five Guy

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 am 
Sooooooo much WIN in this thread!!!!! I would expect nothing less from you ming!!!

:highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

cant wait to see those slicks and the gcraft swingarm on with the ohlins shock! SEX!!

:popcorn:

"Fairly 48"
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=78643
Metruckus

Rusty Trombonner
Rusty Trombonner
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 pm 
NEED MOARRRRR!!

Dope parts! Far from a catalog build! :lol: