Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Lil Pinny's Build Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 am 
I'm wondering if I should work on building a stock GY6 to play around with N2O on so I don't blow up my 170 GY6.

:idea:

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:43 am 
lilpinny wrote:
yeah. I got almost out ran from a nun that had on Air Jordan1I's back in the day. Got caught smoking in the girls room and that lady jumped fences faster than we could. Fast nun too. You can score them by how fast they chase after "crime", in this case, smoking in the girls room. it was an all girls school... there was no boys room.

we always thought that she would have been a good women's basketball player but couldn't deal with her homosexuality.

Anyhoo... I hope I get a bong too.

I went to Catholic Schools from K thru 6........when I started I could write left handed....how ever Penguins with Rulers made me very ambidextrous!

ogmofo wrote:
Kansas is worse then Texas we have some of the highest taxes and our states the brokest. I am outta here next spring. I going somewhere I can grow my own legal like. We still go to jail for some shake :wc_flag:

420 Sunset Boulevard a "Green Cross" store just down the street from where I live.....before legalization here in WA 40gr or less was just a Gross Misdemeanor ticket!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:22 am 
Riding safety .....

Its been years since I had a motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license (WA law doesn't require one for 50cc or less) so I decided to take the basic motorcycle safety course to get
the endorsement back here its $250 (2day course) unless you get in a course that DOL subsidies then its $125 (3 day course) both the same amount of class and range time
just spread out different.
The multinational company I work for has a education program that pays the full bill for the course from authorized vendors (in my case I chose The Evergreen Safety Council) so why not! from there they require aside from a valid DL the following to take the course.

1 a DOT APPROVED HELMET you can bring your own or use ones they provide... (I have a HAWK Modular Full Face w/ Blue tooth)

2 EYE PROTECTION BE IT SAFETY/EYE GLASSES GOGGLES OR CLEAR NON-TINTED VISOR ON HELMET! I have Scrip glasses and visor (even have scrip Safety glasses!)

3 GLOVES LEATHER OR SYNTHETIC MATERIAL W/ PALM PADDING or MOTORCYCLE SPECIFIC TYPE

4 BOOTS THAT LACE UP OVER THE ANKLE ....NO SLIP ON BOOTS HIKING BOOTS THAT LACE UP OVER THE ANKLE ARE ACCEPTABLE
I use Carhartt boots myself having worked in the building trades I found them to be a very comfortable boot I had a rubber cap put applied over the toe area,
and use a superfeet insole

5 LONG SLEEVE SHIRT OR JACKET AND FULL LENGTH PANTS
I use Carhartt Brown Duck Pants (double Knee work type, you can put a thin layer of closed cell foam between the layers as well for extra padding/protection)

upon course completion it was on to my local DOL office to pay the $35 to get my endorsement back and I will register in the spring for the Intermediate Course
as well good to have the endorsement as I travel to Thailand, and rent bikes they require a IDL and helmet for the operator and last year I didnt have it (the endorement that is).....they do spot checks all over the place....
well I got caught in only one (with no endorsement) of several and it cost me 500 Baht on the spot ($15 USD )..thing is I think he (or split it w/ his buddies) just POCKETED the cash,
but what ya gonna do! so the endorsement eliminated that problem for this next trip in DEC-JAN!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm 
When I lived in Australia I was glad I had a motorcycle license. If I didn't, and wanted to get one, it was going to be a pain in the butt. A big pain. Better to get one here, and have the proof of when you got it, so you can show them that you've had it for X amount of years.

I was almost 40 and had been driving since I was 16. I think I got the motorcycle license when I was 30. At that time the Texas licenses didn't have an issue date on them, only an expiration. So I couldn't show that I had it for at least four years, which would entitle me to a learners permit, which sucks. So left and got on a computer and pulled my drivers record from Texas DPS and printed it, with the issue date. Went back and got the license. As I was walking out I noticed it didn't have the motorcycle endorsement, so I went back to the counter and the re-did it.

Papa Smurf says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile:

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 pm 
well I grew up in 2 homes my stepdad was a 1%er as was my youngest brother I had a motorcycle license @16 but at around 35I didnt renew it due to a suspension at the time for something else ( alcohol wasn't the issue there) and when I got it back I was minus the endorsement thanks to the judge! so years later I deiced to get it back so the DOL said I had to go to motorcycle class!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:33 pm 
Spoke to the shop yesterday and they said my bike should be back from PC this week. So hopefully I can get it, run a tap through the threads to clean them and get it put back together. Right now is riding weather in Texas, the heat has kinda past (for now) and the weather won't get crummy for a while. Every time I go in the garage all I see is more poor dismantled bike. When I got out on the roads I see all the cyclists out for a ride and think, "god, I loved buzzing past them".

Horsy wrote:
well I grew up in 2 homes my stepdad was a 1%er as was my youngest brother I had a motorcycle license @16 but at around 35I didnt renew it due to a suspension at the time for something else ( alcohol wasn't the issue there) and when I got it back I was minus the endorsement thanks to the judge! so years later I deiced to get it back so the DOL said I had to go to motorcycle class!

My grandfather was a 1%'er after he came home from WWII, which is why my dad hated motorcycles. I didn't get my first bike until I was almost 30. Rode the hell out of that thing.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm 
Guys, what are your opinions on this:

I'm going to get my new rear frame and front frame back from PC in the next couple of days. My bike currently is just the old rear frame with the engine and rear wheel still mounted. As far as putting it back together with a new mount, should I:

a) take the old frame off and install the mount on the engine (with the wheel still on it), then attach it to the rear frame and then attach the front frame.

or

b) do it the regular way, connect the two frames first, then install the engine, then attach the wheel.

option a would be alot quicker, but with the wheel on the engine it kinda likes to twist. I can deconstruct everything and put it together from the front back, it'll just take more time.

Thoughts?

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:38 pm 
I'd put the mount on the frame, then join the from and rear, then hang the engine.

Less of a chance to scratch the shit out of everything.

'The Darkness'

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:44 pm 
yeah. That's the non-shortcut way. I think that'll be better in the end

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:33 pm 
Don't forget to have good metal to metal on the frame joining. Not sure how you run your ground wire.

'The Darkness'

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 pm 
I'll remember that. The two grounds that run back from the harness ground to the engine and then the starter ground. I don't have anything grounding to the frame in the rear.

This should be fairly straightforward. I had a pretty kick ass bike running. I just decided that I don't like my ATR mount since it doesn't have much stretch (can't take the head cover off to get at the valves w/o removing the engine), I wanted to PC the frame and all of the parts on the frame, and while I'm at it I'll put on the mnnthbx triple tree. I think I'm going to put on the mnnthbx rearsets -- My bike is so low that I'll drag a peg that's in the regular spot... but I still want a peg, not for my feet so much but more as a frame slider. Those footpegs have saved the bike twice since it'll slide on those and not the engine or exhaust.

Of course all of that means taking the entire bike apart. I'll take alot of pics during the rebuild.

Then I'm going to call it done for a while. Maybe find another bike... but this time pick up a beater and build it up. My bike now was right off the showroom floor when I started tinkering with it.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 pm 
I tried building my dream bike... it's still in the garage 4 years later, lol! Once I get past the one piece frame, it'll all be don hill. But until then ... :headbashing:

Thank god I have multiple bikes to ride.

'The Darkness'

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:54 pm 
Baby came home today.

The entire frame got Pc'd, along with the headlight bracket, DORF, etc, etc. Everything that hangs off the frame is all nice and shiny. Can still see the VIN through the PC, so it got put on just right. I'm very happy to have a busy week in front of me.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:01 pm 
It Glows! :shock:

You be the next happypancake! Keep it up!
:popcorn:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm 
Got to work this afternoon after the 7 y/o soccer team I coach won today. (!)

Put the frame together. Put the Mnnthbx rearsets on. Dunno how close those pegs (when I put pegs in it) will come to the exhaust, but I guess I'll find out.

Put on the mnnthbx triple tree that I've had forever.

Then I went to go install the composimo mount but found the two holes on the cross member I need to bolt the flange to have a bunch of powder that must have dripped and dried there. Apparently a razor blade isn't part of the Lil Bastard's toolkit (which you'd think it would be) so I gotta go off to the store and get one. I'll scrape that flush and get the mount on.

Tanuki wrote:
I didn't say that, yet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next