Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Honda4Life's project "Blue Ballz"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm 
:banger:
"Blueballz"
"Darkness"
My friend riding "Blueballz"
My $300 Metro! (Thinking of a MetRuckus build!!)
My $400 '07 Ruckus "Scrappy"

'07 Ruck I bought from a member for cheeeep. Yes, it DID come with the title too. The rear frame I got from SiK-Rukus. I decided to reuse it as his was the first crayzee Ruck I had ever seen up close and in person. Plus-he's cool guy!
Unlike other members, I chose to run the stock harness from Honda. I cut a dime sized hole in the neck, and ran the wires through it. I then bought a "nad guard" from John @ Composimo to hide the wires. I tucked them in between the tank and frame with wire loops and finally, ran them through the rear frame. I am NOT a fan of wires and wanted to hide as much as possible. The engine wires went down the right side of the frame, and the rear lights went down the left side. I wired them into a Molex connector and just unclip it and pull the seat right off if I need to tune! Easy E!
Beginning stages of it. A guy down the street at Meineke? popped the tire on for $5 and I was stoked! The frame is pretty custom with the exception of the "Mojo Mounts" I purchased from "Pray for Mojo" here on TR!! They are bad-ass!
Got the GY6 motor and "Mojo Mounts" from John in Utah. Motor only had 3 miles on it! Sweeet! John is a major supporter of TR people as well! Check this out: He went out of his way to help me big time-he didn't even know me and it was the same here. I sent him the $$, he went and checked out the motor, bought it, packed it, AND shipped it to me here in Maryland! Insane? Yes! THANKS JOHN aka "PRAY FOR MOJO"........!!!
Kevin @ Standard Functions & Achi hooked me up with the ATR Universal hub-rare item indeed!
I cut the seat frame down and smoothed it out myself. Seat frame took longer than expected because I didn't want to cut too much off or have it uneven. I notched the front bars so they would push right into the frame and make it solid. Adam welded it up for me. Mar-glassed the corners to create a "smooth" look and finished it off with multiple layers of Bondo. Took a lot of sanding, cussing, sanding, sanding, sanding.....did I mention sanding? My fingers were sore as hell.
My other friend Ronnie (yeah, I actually have another friend) painted it for F R E E! Here he is spraying the base and clear coat. Ronnie picked the paint up in Virginia @ $400/gallon!? What a steal. The funny thing is it's called "Harley Davidson Blue"...hahaha
My ebay exhaust. This is my pride and joy! It's a bad ass Muzzy exhaust and it sounds awesome!
BEFORE:
AFTER:
I shortened it down. It looked way too long for my Ruck. Drilled out the rivets, pulled the baffle out and marked both. Cut them down, installed new baffle material, pushed it back in, put new rivets in and BAM! Adam welded the exhaust on and did an excellent job! It's strong and isn't going anywhere!
Starting to run wires through the frame. Waiting on the battery box to get finished. I cut the hole for the PWJDM bar and it fits perfectly!
Major props to John @ Composimo for making the one off spacer to run my rear wheel. I gave him the specs and he trimmed it up just like a piece of paper. It was EXACTLY as I described! (kinda tough when he's HOURS away from me). He certainly supports the scene-SO SUPPORT HIM!! :D Check out the custom rear shock support Adam made by hand! I like the way it "flows" with the lines of the rear frame....badazz!
A look at "Blue Ballz" and my other '07 Ruck that got me started in this craze! It has a JC lightened flywheel, Polini variator with sliders and a Bowls/Posh CDI. I shimmed the needle and have done lots of jet changes to "tweak" it. The AEM UEGO was a MAJOR help! Also a Yoshi pipe, Pro Taper bars, PWJDM one piece stem, lowered seat frame, bopper tires (love 'em), ATR extension, PWJDM reservoir and a shock.
Finally got the battery box back. Turned out awesome! Now I need to decide to use the Composimo headlight lowering bracket OR install a "cyclops" headlight. I think I like the single headlight, but the dual headlights scream "RUCKUS!" when you see it coming.
I am confused but have another few months to decide before spring. I also got a FREE front fender from "Scooterboy" down the street! I don't know whether I should paint it blue, or flat black. I really think I am going flat black because I think it'll be too much blue!?
I picked up these led's from ebay and am not sure as to WHERE I should put them. They are more visible on the front of the box, but look better on the sides of the box. Is it more important for people to see the signals from the front or sides?
I finally got around to putting the lowered Composimo bracket on and the dual headlights. I also put on my led turn signals. I'm not sure I'm liking the location. It;s good that they are high so other people will see them, but they are a little too big.....?
Here's the side view of the led signals:
A pic of my wife's and mine together:

I just bought another 2012 GET motor with 100 miles on it! Not sure what to do with it, but for what I paid for it, it's good to have as a spare! I think it's going to go on "MetRuckus" with an NCY cdi....

My other Honda:
https://picasaweb.google.com/jp6940/Civ ... directlink

Last edited by Honda4Life on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 87 times in total.

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

Post subject: Re: Honda4Life's project "Blue Ballz"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm 
Quote:
Oops... there's nothing to see here. Either you do not have access to these photos, or they don't exist at this web address. Please contact the owner directly to gain access.

SupremeMullet wrote:
You should take this guys word for it. If anyone knows cluster fucks of projects it's Keith

the project DIRTYSLUTS

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:46 pm 
nice frame

Last edited by empty on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:48 pm 
That looks dope as phuck bro!!! Absolutely LOVE that rear wheel :banger:

KACHOWkeith wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jp6940/Proj

I know we shouldn't have to work this hard to see this guys bike, but click the link in the thread, then click the like that says "View John Palmer's Gallery"

My super rice Ruck!
zeekus wrote:
i do have to say tho, i feel pretty damn MACHO making internet feelings hurtz. LOL!!

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:53 pm 
yeah i feel dumb now lol

im not really a fatty fan and even that fatty looks siick

SupremeMullet wrote:
You should take this guys word for it. If anyone knows cluster fucks of projects it's Keith

the project DIRTYSLUTS

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:59 pm 
Still working on it..... :banger: :banger:

Last edited by Honda4Life on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5-0 Magnet
5-0 Magnet
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:07 pm 
[img]url[/img]

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 pm 
Nice job with the Mar-glass. Do you just apply that in one thick layer and sand to shape or is it a shit ton of layers? Looks really nice and helps everything flow really well. The tail looks a little long now with that chopped seat but I'm sure most people will just be checking out the rear rim anyway so who will really notice? 8)

FrankiurRuckus wrote:
Get out of the game, cause this shit will make you eat ramen and starve your children bro.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 pm 
Love the ruck! Stick with the dual lights!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm 
more info on that swing arm 'jock strap'?

drowsports
standardfunctions

RUCKAHOLIC!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 am 
It's a 1" steel square of tubing that supports/strengthens the swing arm. Adam welded a tab on the end, cut half pieces of pipe, and welded them in as gussets. I was going to grind the welds, but like them as they are. He then angled it so it could be screwed through the last hole on the swing arm.
One end connects to the motor mount and the other end connects to the swing arm at the shock and at the very end of the with stainless bolts. It can't hurt having a little extra support back there!
Hence the "jock strap" name.....hahahaha

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:54 am 
AZruckuspride wrote:
Love the ruck! Stick with the dual lights!

Yeah, I think I will. If I don't like it, I can just take 'em off and try something else! BUT, the dual headlights scream RUCKUS COMING!!!!!

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:01 am 
seansean wrote:
Nice job with the Mar-glass. Do you just apply that in one thick layer and sand to shape or is it a shit ton of layers? Looks really nice and helps everything flow really well. The tail looks a little long now with that chopped seat but I'm sure most people will just be checking out the rear rim anyway so who will really notice? 8)

He built up the welds a little, then I applied the MarGlass (with him showing me how to do it!) kinda thick. You have to work fast as it dries quickly. Then you use a body scraper and corse sandpaper. Once it dries and you have a rough look, apply Bondo and use a squeegee to smooth it out. You have to do it multiple times to get it smooth/right. Then, sand, sand, sand, sand-did I mention sand?
Yeah, I didn't want the shock at a crazy angle "\" so he lengthened it to angle the shock better.
I am short (5'8") and the fit is perfect for me! I love it!
Thanks for the comments! :banger: :banger:

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 am 
Looks pretty sick dude, the blue and black go together really nicely. You definitely don't see that wheel everyday!

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 am 
I have a request please...Can you make a video of the bike so we can hear that sweet Muzzy? Thank you. :D