Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

MyMisterWannaB
MyMisterWannaB
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Bathroom mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: --- RipVanWinkle --- its not over yet
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:30 pm 
A brief overview of my 2008 black Honda ruckus.

March 2008
Purchased new that spring, it didn’t stay stock for too long. Before I had even ridden one, I knew it was going to get painted, but choosing between Honda element orange, and Subaru blue pearl was a hasty decision made with two hundred or so miles and three days on the clock. It was raining

ImageImage
ImageImage

Months later, the TR modification virus spread to my new favorite toy… and my car was left a little neglected.

August 2008
Then I crashed. A sad and painful day, that inspired a aftermarket frenzy! Now it was time to heal up and do all the things I wanted to do. I spent a few months piecing it together trying to get it road worthy so I could ride yet that season. Managed to pull it off and had two weeks of riding before winter storage time. But I had to cut some corners to make it possible.Most notably, the headlight and taillight.

ImageImage
ImageImage

So I sorta went with the whole STi thing and made it all about the blue and gold with touches of red (or pink). Even the 4300k HID bulb and ballast are out of a totaled STi, and the taillight is a subaru legacy wagon third brake light.

February 2009
Finally joined TR...

March 2009
Then it got torn apart again taking care of all those other little things i should have taken the time to do the first time around...
cleaning up this, relocating that... pretty much got it to where i wanted it...

Speed wasn't really an issue with my tuned up little beast :shock:

May 2009
Blue and gold was starting to get a little tiresome. Parts were hard to find that fit my theme, and the bike wasn’t giving off the “vibe” I wanted it to… it was too pretty. So away went the gold, and in came the black. But that still wasn’t as far as I wanted to go with the “sinister” appearance.

August 2009
With a little help from a few fellow BCS members, I was swayed to "The Dark Side!” only problem was that the majority of the ruckus world was developing a bit of a cookie cutter appearance...
Why not improve upon Hondas scooter with a little of Honda’s own sport bike luster and triple the displacement? 150cc GY6 engine, and a CBR600RR rear suspension was in the works, along with more stopping power, and a fresh new color.

March 2010
And still putting it together...

But that never really got finished to the point that I was out riding in more than just the neighborhood. Too many carb and turn signal bugs to work out, and not enough time or motivation

June 2015
...and now, coming back from years of storage... The epic conclusion to the build that was never compleated. Nearly 5 years tucked in the front of the garage, collecting dust... The real name for this bike should be Rip Van Winkle.

Are these projects ever done???

Jedi wrote:
Lots of good clamming and we grow our own milk.

Last edited by HarryNipples on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:03 am, edited 26 times in total.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: HN's STi Ruckus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:18 pm 
Dude...that headlight is TITS! Makes me want to put an HID in my Met.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 pm 
yeah that headlight is badass! great work

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:31 pm 
Really cool and different setup. I like it alot.

Few questions, how did you do the body work around the HID? What kind and size tires are you runnin? What did you use for your footrest? Does your taillight have integrated turn signals and your footrest? Can you give some close-up pics of in between your seat and gas tank cover?

Thanks, JayC

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=28253&start=0

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:41 pm 
Nice to see another Leo Vince exhaust w/o the baffle. Louder is better. :)

http://www.southbayruckus.com
http://www.vimeo.com/channels/94859
L.A.KINGS HOCKEY

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:30 pm 
haha lots of STi owners on tr!!

nice to see another one :banger:

MPAB
TDRC ridas: Riskek,35 Cent, B00gie, Steve403, Red Rise

MyMisterWannaB
MyMisterWannaB

Bathroom mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 pm 
Tires are the IRC MB99's and I'm running a 130/90/10 front and rear

The footbrace is the stock handlebars+stock seatframe+car door reinforcement beam... about the time I was welding it up, the cruiser framebrace on the BowlsLA site was released. Now I think I may buy that... But IDK if it will be as comfortable as my cruiserpegs. we'll see

That whole setup between my gas tank and the engine was a PIA!!! To use that headlight, I needed to relocate the battery, and what better place than the newfound area that the extended swingarm made. Its also got my coolant resivoir, PCV valve, and every filter except the main engine intake filter.

ImageImage

The headlight is a foglight from a Pontiac G6 (Enclave, GM sameness) that I had laying around. Its really the lense and metal plate inside the housing that gives it that crazy cutoff. The bodywork around the lamp is well... my job (I fix and paint cars) We use special adheasives and plastic compatable "bondo." The rear bumper of a Toyota gave me two halves to melt together to create the monicle. I thought this was an original idea untill I saw the ORZ999

ImageImage

I had removed the baffle in the Leo, but it was just a touch to loud, so I cut the tube part off of the baffle so it was just a cup with a hole in the bottom. PERFECT! takes away some of the loud but keeps the "bass-ieness." The Leo Vince is probobly going to get cut down a few inches because it's just a little too long.

thanks guys!

Jedi wrote:

Zombies
Zombies
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 pm 
Nice work! 8)

:highfive:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 pm 
My old man is a bodyman so I'm quite familiar with the process and I must say you are very talented with the bondo/4040 to make that. Big ups and you have given me many ideas for my next ruck :lol: We're doing mine "grabber green" with a few twists next Friday. I'll update my members ride thread when it's done. keep up the good work!!

Great job

JayC

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 am 
Very original front and rear light setup. Great work! You may have started a new trend.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:31 am 
very original man. looks great and talented body work you have going there.

LilRedRidingHood wrote:
....It is like travelling through time.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 am 
BTW if you do get the BOWLS framebrace, you wanna sell me your old one? :wink:

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:53 am 
thought that rear brake light looked familiar :D glad to see another suby owner on here. got a 08 sti myself. fun fun toys

88 Toyota 4Runner
71 Toyota Fj40

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:12 pm 
I've seen your bike on your tube awhile back.That projector is sweet. Any pictures of your WRX?

MyMisterWannaB
MyMisterWannaB

Bathroom mechanic
2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 pm 
RUCKsteady wrote:
I've seen your bike on your tube awhile back.

YouTube? really? wow, send me the link if you can find it.

I hate whoreing my car out on a scooter forum, but she is a filthy one, so here you go:

ImageImage
ImageImage

And as for the car, its nothing too special. COBB stage 2 93octane reflash, boost is at 17.8lbs, STi TMIC, MRT 3" downpipe with divorced wastegate, TurboXS up pipe, Ingen CAI, KYB AGX shocks, Eibach Sportlines, STi tophats, Hotchkis front and rear adjustable swaybars, Cartboy front and rear endlinks, BBS rims (soon to be wraped in 235/40/r17 rubber) SouthBendClutch, HAWK HPS pads, DOT 4 fluid... and some other crap I cant think of right now

yeah, fun toys... I'd be having more fun if my BSS order ever got here :sigh:

Jedi wrote:

Last edited by HarryNipples on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next