Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Jasper's GET/GY6: Modding the Polini Variator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:52 pm 
Version2.0 wrote:
Have you tried sliders in that Polini yet? I was amazed at how much more top end I got, and revs dropped by 800-1000. This was with 5.5s, I've since moved down to 5's, and will be getting some 4.5's soon.

The Polini LOVES sliders.

Yup I was using 5.35G sliders previously and now using 4.65g sliders. Accelerating RPM was between 7200-7500RPM with the 5.35G and 7900-8000RPM with the 4.65g sliders (after cutting the rubber seal).

Compared to a JamesDean, Andy, and ConElite's report, my accelerating RPMs at the given weights are consistently BELOW theirs. This is because the Polini belt I am using is significantly wider. While it provides more top speed, it prevents the belt from sitting at the lowest gear (ie. on the bushing). I will be addressing that shortly!

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:23 pm 
Jasper wrote:
Andy yes the polini sure adds some extra mph! I've been following your thread too so it really helps me benchmark the ruckus's performance given similar altitude, temperature and O2 concentration. For the life of me, however, I am still trying to figure out how you're using 38/80 jet combo while I'm using a 35/78 jet combo and we arrive at nearly the same top speed (therefore similar power figures). I would really like to further open up the intake and take advantage of that 80MJ like you to make a bit more power.

Same here.
I checked your altitude today, you're at about 2200 ft and I'm around 3500 ft. Combined with the fact I've opened up the carb and run a much larger intake runner could be the reason for the different jets. :meh:
You are running a bit faster than me. I think the fact your not stretched and am on basically stock tires could be the 3-5mph difference. :meh:

Cool!!

Try a set of sliders in the Polini. It's a LOT better! They throw the bike up over 8000 rpm quickly! :banger:
Thanks for the tips. I'm defenitely cutting that seal out tomorrow!! Might even consider drilling out those clutch holes.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=89000

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:33 pm 
trueadrn wrote:
so are you using the stock bushing with the Polini variator?

My Vmax runs were achieved with the stock Honda bushing just to max out the potential of the Polini variator given what I had. I am currently using the longer polini bushing for a bit more low end grunt.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:09 pm 
hello Jasper, in this thread you said your BMF shock did not touch your 130 Pirelli tire...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5577

However I did not find a rear BMF shock in all of the 16 pages..

Reason I ask is I have a stock Zoomer and I'm thinking about a Mini Fatty set up: 12x5 rim with stock Pirelli tires.

My concern is I have Doppler shocks (same look as those beefy BMF shocks)
And I'm wondering if it will all clear?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16