Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Jeremy's Honda Davidson
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 am 
Probably not going to be my baby's permanent name but my friend came up with it and it's stuck, plus it's rockin Harley foot pegs so why not?

My ruck the day I got it:

Bone stock with the exception of the underseat storage "netting" addition. 1364 on the odo when I got it, this was a couple weeks ago:

I have kept it pretty much stock this whole time. But after riding for about two weeks I had to do something. First mod was my plate frame and license plate!

Next was getting rid of some plastic. Then I wanted to do the horn relocate, so I took it off was gonna put it inside but then thought.. since I've got this one off why not get a new one and do it right the first time? So I got some cheap pos two tone air horn from Harbor freight to try out (I know, I said I was gonna do it right, but it was really cheap and an impulse buy) and as I expected, albeit reluctantly, it sucked. So I'm still researching which one I want and am riding around hornless atm. Then I got tired of looking at those ugly ass turn signals all the time and took the front ones off.. definitely a little premature seeing as how I don't have anything to replace them with yet. But hey, I can still make the back ones work with a little back and forth action of the thumb! They're the important ones anyway right? Shortly after that I wanted a new foot rest solution so I turned to the little pile of Harley parts I've got, let me know what you think!

Oh ya, can't forget the sound system I installed with the supplied mounting bracket. Super easy diy wiring, just plug it into the supplied wall charger when it dies. I can send you the wiring diagram if you'd like, just shoot me a pm :lol: It's an Altec Lansing Lifejacket 2.. I'm going to upgrade soon tho because it's just not loud enough to hear at 40. Thirty and under it's enough tho and I do a lot of city driving so it'll do for now.
Like I said in my introduction post, I laid my baby down in the rain a week and a half ago to avoid running in the back of a truck and did some minor damage, scratched mirror and turn signal and a nice little hole in my seat. Bent the footpeg on the "drivers side?" but it pushed back pretty easily. I'm worried about the integrity of that spot moving forward if this happens again. Might invest in a chinbone, what's y'all opinion?
I'm glad I've kept it stock bc there are a couple little quirks now. One, the variator cover gasket doesn't exist anymore. Somehow after taking it apart to watch how it works while running I didn't put any of the cover bolts back in :meh: The only thing holding it on was the bolt going to the air box and the one holding the rear brake cable bracket. I swear I did put them in and I can't find them in my parts so I'm thinking they backed themselves out. It just seems unlikely that six bolts would all do that in a few days. So, a few days after taking it apart I hit a good bump and the gasket got inside and wrapped up in the belt and shredded to pieces. It was still running fine though so I haven't gotten a new one yet. I want to get a polini so I thought I'd wait till then. I've got a little bit of a hesitation at about 5mph now. It revs up then drops real quick then starts revving up again. I still take most cars off the line tho haha. And top speed has been affected slightly, like 1-2 mph. I was doing 41 steady but now it holds around 39-40. Idk if it's the gasket being gone or if it's bc of the additional air flow from the air box oil run off hose/breather hose and I just need to adjust a/f screw. Any advice would be great!
I've got soooo many things I want to do to this thing and I'll keep posting as I start and finish projects. Hopefully I'll be able to get out to some meets and maybe start showing my baby some day!

Last edited by JStancilNC on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Jeremy's Honda Davidson
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:03 am 
heads up- images not working on your post.

gy6 off-roader project
Yamaha C3

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Post subject: Re: Jeremy's Honda Davidson
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 am 
joel1234567 wrote:
heads up- images not working on your post.

Thanks, had to give up on trying to figure out how to use a link from google photos and made an imgur