I'm Cody and I live in New Jersey (unfortunately).
I'm currently building a MetRuck and I'm new to the Ruckus community. I traded an unfinished drift trike project i was building for an 02 Metropolitan (parts scoot, no title), ruckus rear frame with a mojo 10" skinny stretch mount with an 09 GET motor, and a crap load of spare parts needed for putting it together. I eventually came to realize i would need a lot more to complete it.
I have taken this scoot apart about 20 times down to the bare frame needing to constantly change things since ive never had a full ruckus and have no clue how to assemble one. It helped because now i know every nut and bolt on this thing!!
Any help would be appreciated, going to get a 250cc Roketa donor scoot soon so i can swap the motor and disk brake setup onto this. I want speed!
I will be posting pictures as i go, but i use Instagram and Facebook mostly so it might take a while for some updates as i do not have much time to even work on the ruck let alone keep up on the build log. Just want to have a good log of everything i have done to this thing for the future.
Instagram - @jcody_parker
So it all started out with this 2002 Honda Metropolitan, and the ruckus rear end with a lowered seat frame.
Some of the random crap i got in the trade (always have some stuff for sale lol $$)
Teardown of the metro
First mock up after getting my new front frame from eLoke! He helped me out a lot with $390 shipped! Im in Jersey so i need a title to register it and this was my only option =(
Metro sitting in a pile waiting to sell the front frame
Seeing how everything works and testing the wiring, it works!
I built the carport garage at the same time as starting this build, so it was a mess.
First real mock up of everything, wanted to see how the metro seat looked on the ruckus rear.
Made a bench so i can have a little spot to take some pressure off my back!
Another shot of the tent
Dissembled and cleaned the carb thanks to youtube! Eventually ordered a jet kit and oem carb gasket kit.
Cleaned the motor really good, every single crack and corner! Used carb cleaner and a small metal wire brush. It scratched it but the design looks kinda cool so il leave it.
Took the met gears out of the parts scoot for my ruck motor, trying for a few extra mph.
Met gears in! Now for some fresh scooter oil from The Ruck Shop!
Stripped down, again.....
To no surprise, a huge mess!
Found this in the ruck motor, sold it for $25 lol
Yea so the metropolitan exploded when i took the variator cover off. What the hell happened?? There was string all stuck and wrapped inside the clutch!
Sold some stuff! Woo!
Found a polini variator in the met, so i got some dr pulley sliders and im putting it in the ruck motor!
I bought everything there. Such great prices and custom service! They even give you some fireball candies each order!
Got a ruckus triple tree for free just had to pay shipping, test fitted but realized id need a lot more to pull it off. Stock front end it is then!
Started painting the plastics and reassembling the scoot
That drying rack though
Oh look, its a scoot again!
Cut the metro sideskirts to fit the ruckus rear frame better. First time ever cutting plastic with a dremel didnt turn out too bad!
Now for this hunk of broken crap, time to make it slightly better.
Ghetto ecu / battery mount. For now...i just want to ride!!
Just a mock up.
Started making the bracket for the rear lights
Yessss, fuel line is here!! Couldn't get 3/16" line locally. Found a 25ft roll on ebay for $14.99
Temporary fix for the leaking roof, it leaks where they sewed the seams really bad, the whole floor was a river when it rained! Pretty dumb design flaw if you ask me.
Final mock up before i weld on my muffler, then to start tuning the carb!