Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Team Day 2016 Honda Ruckus BUILD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:12 pm 
Just needed a place to upload my build/progress. Enjoy! or don't, whatever.

Okay, So I have the stock white one with the red seat. (this ugly fucker) :ucrazy:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

Post subject: Re: Team Day 2016 Honda Ruckus BUILD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 pm 
I am the worst thread build person known to man.. don't follow my build it will only make you :headbashing:

So anyway, here is what i have done.

1. stripped all the stock plastic.
2. cut out the bottom of the stock plastic and re-installed that to protect the gas tank.
3. put a gas tank cover on it.
(went with black, thought i'd break up the white a little, and dirt not as noticeable)
4. Took stock seat off, and installed a lower seat.

Gotta be honest. in my opinion still looks :ucrazy: but it's moving in the right direction.

This is me by the way (day 75 beard) Spartan i know. :banger:

MY BUILD
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=97149&start=60

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:36 pm 
Debating/thinking about do I want to paint that dull metal under the white housing box...

If your reading this, any thoughts on that.. I kinda think, wait til the build is done, then paint the whole thing, or
do it now why its still early.. any tips or hints on that would be cool. I will eventually stretch it. Staying with the
GET motor til it craps out. Its brand new, might as well. I'll do a gy6 like 5 years later maybe... who knows.

Tomorrow I am going to cut/grind off the ears on the gas cap so i can put an aftermarket cap cover on...
MAYBE i'll paint dull metal black if i get froggy. I'll post images. (not very exciting i know, but ya gotta get all this trivial shit out of the way before the fun stuff)

Have a great day everyone. :D

MY BUILD

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:20 am 
You're already making a good start. :)
I've also only done a few simple mods so far and it's no end of fun.
The Ruckus is super versatile and easy to personalize.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 am 
i would wait to paint everything at once but that's just me. Also add in what products you have with the brand. What gas tank cover and seat bracket did you get?

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 am 
I appreciate the idea about waiting on paint til the end. Makes sense to just strip it down when done and put a fresh coat on whatever i want painted. Will make it feel "new" again... and that way I wont have to worry about nailing it with ratchet by accident and chipping paint while modding it...

So far the stuff used.... NCY Lowered seat, NCY gas tank cover. and the cap is JDM... I am posting that pic now. That cap is gonna feel expensive to those who havent bought it yet... but I gotta be honest. it kicks a ton of ass over the plastic one JDM throws in with their gas tank cover... That one is a flimsy piece of shit that the velcro wont hold when you try to turn the gas tank to get it on or off... Do yourself a favor and buy the expensive one... The price is about $5-10 too much in my opinion, but im real happy with it... Here is the pic.... and yes, I agree... modding these things is probably more fun than riding. lol... i'd say equal... it just feels good to see it slowly looking nicer and nicer... Im big into vid games where you "level up" or "upgrade" so this feels like that in real life... :lol:

MY BUILD

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:55 am 
I am debating my next move, since i put painting out of the way until im done... Ill give you my thoughts, and just get some general advice/ideas from you guys...

1. I have heard to "stretch" it before changing out the handle bars. (because if you do the stretch first your cables will all reach and it will be less of a bitch...) anyone know if there is any truth to that... sticking with GET motor, and I don't want to go for the super super long stretch.. I worry about ride-ability if you lower it too far down.. I like taking aggressive corners. so probably a nice stretch for "the look" but not one where you have to put a new shock on, and the ruckus sits on the pavement. LOL

2. Does the exhaust need to be bought, before, after, or with the stretch? (could I go ahead and do that before stretch, or would it look goofy as fuck..)

3. I haven't done the polini variator yet, and that seems pretty easy, it may be the easiest next choice.

4. Back tail lights... Those ugly fuckers gotta go... But once again im concerned about wires making it with the stretch...

Not doing any of this til after christmas... Gonna be/am broke as fuq for a bit... family first.. off the subject a bit... I got my kids an old nintendo with mario bros 3... thinking, this should be cheap as hell, its a system from my child hood, and im old as balls... Those muh fukers are $80-$120 without a game, and one controller... I was like holy shit... lol... I asked the dude, why is this inferior old ass system so expensive? I can get just pony up some more and by a new system that destroys this.. His answer. Collectors items.. felt old as shit when i heard that.. my gaming system is an antique.. I actually started on atari pong, and pole position.. wonder what they go for! LOL... Have a good day guys. Enjoy your builds. put your build links in your replies, LOVE looking them over.

MY BUILD

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Bathroom mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:08 am 
gotta follow a storm trooper build

i can answer some of the questions ehen i get on my computr later

Oslo Zoomer Garage - www.ozg.no - http://www.facebook.com/oslozoomergarage

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:29 pm 
sylthod wrote:
gotta follow a storm trooper build

i can answer some of the questions ehen i get on my computr later

Thanks, i can use all the help I can GET. (drum shot)

MY BUILD

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:42 am 
TeamDay wrote:
I am debating my next move, since i put painting out of the way until im done... Ill give you my thoughts, and just get some general advice/ideas from you guys...

1. I have heard to "stretch" it before changing out the handle bars. (because if you do the stretch first your cables will all reach and it will be less of a bitch...) anyone know if there is any truth to that... sticking with GET motor, and I don't want to go for the super super long stretch.. I worry about ride-ability if you lower it too far down.. I like taking aggressive corners. so probably a nice stretch for "the look" but not one where you have to put a new shock on, and the ruckus sits on the pavement. LOL

2. Does the exhaust need to be bought, before, after, or with the stretch? (could I go ahead and do that before stretch, or would it look goofy as fuck..)

3. I haven't done the polini variator yet, and that seems pretty easy, it may be the easiest next choice.

4. Back tail lights... Those ugly fuckers gotta go... But once again im concerned about wires making it with the stretch...

Not doing any of this til after christmas... Gonna be/am broke as fuq for a bit... family first.. off the subject a bit... I got my kids an old nintendo with mario bros 3... thinking, this should be cheap as hell, its a system from my child hood, and im old as balls... Those muh fukers are $80-$120 without a game, and one controller... I was like holy shit... lol... I asked the dude, why is this inferior old ass system so expensive? I can get just pony up some more and by a new system that destroys this.. His answer. Collectors items.. felt old as shit when i heard that.. my gaming system is an antique.. I actually started on atari pong, and pole position.. wonder what they go for! LOL... Have a good day guys. Enjoy your builds. put your build links in your replies, LOVE looking them over.

1. If you go with the PW:JDM 6,5 inch stretch you can use stock cables/wires if you also change to a lower handlebar. Tho, many people doesnt approve the PW:JDM stretch as a good product, having no experience my self about that stretch I cant tell you. But I have read just as much good as bad.
If you go any longer stretch than that you will have to buy new gas line, throttle wire and break wire. I would recommend Mojo-Customs stretch as you can choose from 3 different lengths, the shorest beeing 8 inches.
Also, longer stretch than 6,5 inch requires you to splice all electronics wires that goes from battery box and back to your enigne and stuff, about 14 wires. (im not english, im norwegian, not sure what correct term is)

2. You can keep the stock exhaust when strettching, it is basicly stuck to the part you are moving further back.

3. Polini variator is a nice mod. GIve you some extra top MPH, but not better acceleration

4. If you move the tail light under the seat, I think you will have enough wires since they go all the way back on you bike. This i do not know much about:)

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 pm 
amazing reply. thank you. honestly..

MY BUILD

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:48 am 
Hit 42 mph in downhill straight away today. watch out sound barrier. :D

anyone have any experience with what gram weights to use in the variator.. just curious.

I'll search around a bit as well.. by the way, I find it to be a bitch to use the search function on this site... i am using the top search, not the search "any" box.. like for example if you put in a keyword, like say air filters, its giving me a bunch of random links where someone said that keyword in a paragraph... I want to search results for the how to's not hey dude i installed a air filter... if that makes sense.. still new to this site so please dont thrash me. LOL

MY BUILD

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:35 pm 
pro tip. use google like this

variator weights site:totalruckus.com

taaada!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:18 pm 
sylthod wrote:
pro tip. use google like this

variator weights site:totalruckus.com

taaada!

aw ya, thats the type of results i was needing.. Thanks.. lol

MY BUILD

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:23 pm 
So check out my newest idea...

Not sure I can pull it off... BUT

I am currently on the hunt for an oversized Storm Trooper Helmet...

If I can obtain such a thing... I will cut it out/hollow it out... and mod the shit out of it so it can replace my white box... Was thinking I might could put LED lights either inside the eyes or on the side of the helmet....

This might be overly ambitious.. but if done right would be BOSS. lol :banger:

MY BUILD