Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
 Post subject: Blue Bomber 2 Ruckus build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:06 am 
So adding my Ruckus build to TR. I'm calling it Blue Bomber 2 because I call my Integra the Blue Bomber so it's just fitting. Anyway to start off its a 2014 Honda Ruckus. I bought it about a month ago and immediately started messing with it. It already had a lowered seat and gas tank cover (NCY maybe?). Additionally he painted the wheels white and front frame black.

It looked sweet but because I can never leave good enough alone I started making it my own. So far I modified the intake system using various TR threads and a few MNNTHBX parts. I also installed a MNNTHBX turtlehead taillight. I relocated the license plate with a PWJDM bracket and removed all plastics pieces. Upfront I installed a JST4SHW headlight bracket and installed some Kijima turn signals.

For the motor as I previously said I modified the intake system with help from various threads on TR and re-jetted the carb. It's not running perfect but it's a lot better than before. I bought a Yoshimura exhaust off TR member Rusty Cage and after I install that I'm going to tune until I get it right.

I ordered a PWJDM extension kit (should of done more research) and a MNNTHBX stem/handlebar set. I already installed the handlebar set but right now the extension kit is kicking my arse.

Anyway this doesn't matter because I'm going with a new mount so I can do a 10x5 mini fatty. Was thinking of the Westwerks Garage mini-fatty kit which already comes with a mount or going with a Mojo mount with the 10x5 mini-fatty.

Painted the BB and frame Honda Electron Blue hence Blue Bomber 2!!

Got a Vapor tach that came with a free rear spring for a sweet price so that'll be going on too very soon.

Future plans are front lowering springs. And of course no project would be complete with out a fresh set of rims and tires (going mini-fatty).

Anyway got some pics with more to come in a few weeks after my business trip.

Before

All apart

MNNTHBX bars

Test fitting the Yoshimura

Frame going back on

Last edited by frankiecutz on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

Post subject: Re: Blue Bomber 2 Ruckus build
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:55 pm 
Alright wasn't gonna mess with the Ruckus until I got back from my trip but couldn't help it. Got that darn PWJDM extension in there. It took some mechanical agitation but I finally got that bushing to twist which allowed me to get the bolt in. Happy with how it looks. Now time to put everything back together.

Picking up my custom seat tomorrow. Will post pics.

Plus I still need to decide on rims. Suggestions? Want to go with 10" all around but might go 12x5 in rear and stay 10" up front. Don't know yet. Don't want to really spend the coin for that front disc brake conversion just yet either.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Parking lot mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 am 
10 and 12 looks good. I'd go for the disc up front, you'll stop in 1/3 of the distance. I've had one too many close calls.

Go Chargers!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:29 am 
trueadrn wrote:
10 and 12 looks good. I'd go for the disc up front, you'll stop in 1/3 of the distance. I've had one too many close calls.

Go Chargers!

Thanks for the feedback. Today I thought I made my decision but now you got me contemplating again :headbashing:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:30 am 
Got my seat redone. Looks good.

Here is the seat combo on the Ruck

Just noticed how nasty that coolant reservoir looks. Yup I'm switching that out.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:59 pm 
Just noticed I hadn't posted the "new" look of the Ruck. I say "new" because it looked like this about a year ago. Hasn't changed much but I'm in the middle of Phase 3 of the Blue Bomber. More pics to come.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 am 
Alright so finally made the decision to go GY6. In the process of getting everything installed. It's taking a little longer than I wanted to because I keep running into little issues.

Issues I've ran into so far:
- needed to order a new short axle because the first one I ordered was stubbed at the end and my wheel wouldn't go thru.
- need a shorter engine mount bolt. The mount I ordered didn't come with one and the stock bolt is to long. Ordered one thru eBay

Here is where I'm at so far. I'm waiting for these key parts before I mount everything. Living on an island means waiting on shipping.

As you can see I've also painted the Ruck red now. I guess the Blue Bomber moniker is no longer fitting.

Additionally, I'm going with front disc brakes. That too was a pain but I think I'm finally close to completing that. More pics to come.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:31 pm 
What disc brake setup did you go for?

Guess you're gonna call it red bomber now?

:vondutch: :wavehello
P-Dub wrote:
.......daaaayaaaaaammmm.....

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:50 am 
dpmpt1 wrote:
What disc brake setup did you go for?

Guess you're gonna call it red bomber now?

I bought the DROWsports Honda Ruckus Front End Disc Brake Kit. The kit included: RRGS forks, an Adelin 220mm rotor, an Adelin 4 piston caliper, and a bunch of other goodies to make it work.

The brake setup has been a pain in the butt for me. See my post http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=106665
I've learned a lot along the way with this one and spent way more money than I had to if I would've just done the research. It's always the little things that screw you.

I haven't completely finished but here is what it'll look like

I still need to run the brake lines and I'm waiting for some spacers that'll better align the caliper with the rotor. Additionally I need to figure out how to run my Vapor speedo sensor. Like I said it's the little things.

Last edited by frankiecutz on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:30 pm 
Really digging the Drow Sports wire harness plate. I was able to fit the recetifier, flasher relay, starter solenoid, CDI, and at the last minute the horn. Hated how the battery box was always a tight fit and would bulge because of the all the crap stuffed in here. This harness plate is dope. Glad I got rid of the stock ECU.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:27 pm 
New short axle came in. The quality is much better on this one then the other one. Don't know why I didn't go with Drow with all my parts. Haven't had an issue with the quality of their products yet.

Here's the rim installed.