Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
 Post subject: Re: Andy's Project Ruck- tuning results
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 pm 
Andy643 wrote:
AzN 2NR wrote:
hey Andy you should hop on the yyc ruckus & others page on facebook, your 2 bros looks awesome nice and tight

Hey another YYC guy. :highfive:
Been following the YYC Ruckus FB page for a few months now. Was really surprised to see there were that many people in town with Ruck's. Haven't posted much. Would like to talk with a few locals about tuning a GET a bit better.
Haven't been to any meets this year. My brother and I are trying to make one of the Menace meets on Wednesday. Between the new baby, working on the truck, dirt biking and completing my street bike project the ruck has just sat this summer. Haven't even looked at the wife's ruck this year either.

What part of town you in? I'm in the deep SW.

Guess I should also post a mini update......
Mostly been riding the Ruck around the neighborhood. Short runs to the liquor store and things like that. Hit my test loop a few times but the results have not been great so I didn't record them. Been struggling to GET over 55kph. Pretty sure this is due to the fact that I'm still breaking in that Polini contra spring. The temps have been crazy hot here lately and usually that makes the bike run quick. Hoping to get this spring broke in soon so I can get back to some real tuning.
Loving the 2Bros exhaust. The sound is close to that of my prior WeBike GP exhaust and looks a shit ton better. Get a lot of compliments on it so money well spent i guess. The improved ground clearance has been nice. Should really do an oil change too. :meh:

more to come,

im SE right by the industrial, i wont be tuning my GET much as i will be swapping real soon but i did Get mine to 65-70 kph flat as long as im not getting crazy head wind

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:52 am 
AzN 2NR wrote:
im SE right by the industrial, i wont be tuning my GET much as i will be swapping real soon but i did Get mine to 65-70 kph flat as long as im not getting crazy head wind

Nice. Seems a lot of locals are swapping these days. Not sure i'll go that route. :meh:
Would be very interested in hearing more about what jets and CVT setup you're GET is running?

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=89000

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 pm 
yes sir its an easy way to GET power. im running 38/82 jets but i need to back it down to either 80 or 78 main and cvt is polini hi-speed variator with 5 gram sliders, polini belt and polini blue contra spring

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:27 am 
AzN 2NR wrote:
yes sir its an easy way to GET power. im running 38/82 jets but i need to back it down to either 80 or 78 main and cvt is polini hi-speed variator with 5 gram sliders, polini belt and polini blue contra spring

Ok cool. We're running almost the same setup. I'll have to go back and check but i think the only difference is I'm running an 80 main jet.

Question for you- how long did it take you to break in that Polini contra? Once it was broke in did you see your top speed increase by 3-5kph?

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:18 am 
Andy643 wrote:
AzN 2NR wrote:

Ok cool. We're running almost the same setup. I'll have to go back and check but i think the only difference is I'm running an 80 main jet.

Question for you- how long did it take you to break in that Polini contra? Once it was broke in did you see your top speed increase by 3-5kph?

i dont have an odometer so i havent kept track of how many kilometers it took but after a few weeks of light riding i picked up only a couple kph but i noticed better acceleration

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:05 am 
I'm currently running almost that same setup. Acceleration was noticed immediately but my top speed at 9800rpm went from 56mph to 47mph. For a long time. Took over 200 miles to fully het broken in. Gradually I would gain a few mph and now I seem to be leveled out at 54mph at 9800rpm. But I drive a bunch of curvy hilly mountain roads. I needed the acceleration. At the crawl I was passing most other GETs with ease.

I'm 6'3" 185lb and live at about 1500' above sea level.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm 
AzN 2NR wrote:
i dont have an odometer so i havent kept track of how many kilometers it took but after a few weeks of light riding i picked up only a couple kph but i noticed better acceleration

That's fair. Does seem you're having the same experience I am so that makes me feel better.

TeksRuck wrote:
I'm currently running almost that same setup. Acceleration was noticed immediately but my top speed at 9800rpm went from 56mph to 47mph. For a long time. Took over 200 miles to fully het broken in. Gradually I would gain a few mph and now I seem to be leveled out at 54mph at 9800rpm. But I drive a bunch of curvy hilly mountain roads. I needed the acceleration. At the crawl I was passing most other GETs with ease.

I'm 6'3" 185lb and live at about 1500' above sea level.

Whats your CVT setup?
I'm about 5'11" and around 210lbs now. We're at about 3500ft above sea level here so I'm not surprised your top speed is better than mine. Good to hear you had the same experience with the Polini Contra spring. I surely have not put anywhere near 321 km (200 miles) on since install so I've got a ton of riding to do. :headbashing:

Appreciate the posts guys. :highfive: Hopefully I GET some time to tune this weekend.
I've got to install an exhaust gasket (nothing in there now) to prevent any leeks. This combined with a possible re-jet due to the new pipe might be in order. Hopefully i get 1-2 kph out of that?
On another note I hit the test loop the other night. IPhone GPS said 63kph (39.1 mph)and speedo said 53 kph (32.9 mph). Not sure what's right and with a gap like that there has to be an error. :meh:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:22 am 
My cvt:
Polini variator
Polini belt
Polini Blue Contra Spring
1000rpm Clutch Springs
NCY Clutch Bell
Dr.Pulley Sliders 4.5g and 5.5g

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 am 
TeksRuck wrote:
My cvt:
Polini variator
Polini belt
Polini Blue Contra Spring
1000rpm Clutch Springs
NCY Clutch Bell
Dr.Pulley Sliders 4.5g and 5.5g

Right on. Basically we're the same. I believe my belt is different. And I've been wanting to try that NCY clutch bell but have been unable to find one that ships to Canada at a reasonable price. Those using it have good reviews on it.

Hopefully with some fine tuning I can see the speeds you are.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:23 am 
Maintenance night yesterday.
Checked the valves and did an oil change.

500ml motul 5100 10w40
Intake- 0.05
Exhaust-0.18
*still good.

Hoping to make a local scooter meet on Tuesday. Seriously thinking about changing out that polini contra for my stock spring so I can keep up. On the few rides I've done I'm still struggling to consistently stay about 50kph. The ride is 50cc friendly but I don't want to be "that guy" who holds everyone up.

I'll try and grab some photos.

Photo of the Week
Photo of the Week

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 am 
You may want to swap out the polini belt with the stock or a gates. The polini is to long.

You be the next happypancake! Keep it up!
:popcorn:

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 am 
Been running a gates this whole time. Thanks for the info though. I'll be sure not to switch.

Update
Unfortunately I missed the local weekly meet. Work and family have been really taking away from the ruckus this year. Still jacked on the bike just wish I could get more use out of it.

Saw something interesting on Facebook the other day. Curious if anyone has info on it?
Apparently guys are modifying a 2013+ met front fender to fit over the ruckus stock tree. Said there was a bracket needed to be made. All my searches on TR came up with nothing.

Anybody try this or seen it work?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27