Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Andy's Project Ruck- tuning results
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:06 am 
oldfart55 wrote:
Congrats on the parenthood! :highfive:

Thanks OF. Good to see you still checking in.
My fatherly duties have seriously hindered my garage time. Both are very rewarding just in different ways.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=89000

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:56 am 
And I finally have an update,

Got some teaser pics from my buddy over the weekend. He's got the pipe all welded up and ready for me to pick up.

He told me this was actually pretty easy. Rather than have the pipe sticking straight up like every other build we just extended the stock head pipe a bit and bent it out word. This kit basically mounts the same way the skinny tire version would....

I have not seen the bike in person yet. If time allows i'll head over Weds/Thurs to pick it up.
Can already tell the head pipe is a bit low and will likely drag a fair bit.... No worse than my last pipe.

more to come,

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 am 
Congrats on the kid and the exhaust is looking good. Hopefully it performs as good as it looks.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:34 am 
scooterKap wrote:
Congrats on the kid and the exhaust is looking good. Hopefully it performs as good as it looks.

Thanks man. Hoping the performance side is better then my last pipe.

Went and picked up the bike last night in a crazy 100km/hr wind and rain storm, so that sucked.
Of coarse the bike didn't start after I got it home. I'm sure its just the typical stuff like the carb needing to be cleaned or the valves being stuck again. Put the battery on the charger today before work just in case. Hopefully it starts tonight. I'd really like to hear this thing.

Initial impression- looks so good!! The head pipe hangs pretty low and will drag on the right hand turns. It my have to be redone. :meh:
I'll try and get a few more photo's tonight to show how the head pipe was modded.

the weather should be in the low 20's this weekend so I should be able to go for a rip and test her out.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:55 am 
Figures the one night I have available to get this thing going my son decides to be fussy. Ended up doing Daddy things. No time for Ruckus stuff.

At least the battery is all charged up and back in the bike...
Maybe tonight I'll get a chance to try stating it.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:29 am 
Put some time into the bike this weekend. Not a lot, but some.

Cleaned out the carb. Pilot Jet was plugged. Cleaned that with some carb clean and the air compressor.
Battery was all charged up and this thing still wouldn't fire. (put a clean used plug in also)
Confirmed the fuel pump works. Fuel filter was new last year so I think its ok?
Not too sure whats going on? I stored it with Fuel stabilizer......

My brother and I might try some ether tomorrow night.
Curious if maybe I need a larger pilot jet to get this thing going? From what I've read anything over a 38 seems ridiculous. Worth a try maybe. :meh:

More to come,

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:01 am 
Alright, some good news finally. The bike is running!!!! :banger:

Went through the carb again, charged the battery again, changed the plug again. Did everything I could to try and get this thing running.
Then when fitting the battery back in the box after charging it, I found a loose Red wire. Turns out the red wire that is needed to be spliced into the relay harness for NCY CDI box to work came loose. Fixed everything up and it fired first try. VERY happy it started.

The new pipe sounds fantastic. It seems quieter than the old webike pipe. I'll have to get it beside my brothers bike to really tell for sure.
Went for a short rip down the street. Hit mid 40's (kph) no problem in a short stretch. Makes me think the performance should be about the same.

Here's the bad news. The head pipe is way too low. With me on the bike the pipe sits maybe 1" off the ground. When going in a straight line any sort of lean to the right makes the pipe scrape. Before I take this thing on any rides or start working on the tune the head pipe needs to be redone. :headbashing:
Shitty that now after paying to have the head pipe done twice the Two Brothers pipe will likely end up costing as much as a hotlap 666. Had I known this I would have just bought the hotlap and been done with it all by now- But where's the fun in that right?

and some pics,

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 pm 
Nice bike but that header needs to be snug up against the bottom of the radiator. I would suggest lifting the exhaust a bit also!

Ørjan.

Oslo Zoomer Garage Instagram:
https://goo.gl/1gkUxO

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:19 am 
peacock88 wrote:
Nice bike but that header needs to be snug up against the bottom of the radiator. I would suggest lifting the exhaust a bit also!

Ørjan.

Thanks
You're right the header needs to be reworked. Not sure I'll lift the exhaust. Don't really want to change the bracket that was made. We'll see what the exhaust guys says. I'm happy with the placement and don't think the silencer would drag if I'm leaned over in a corner.

When my truck goes in to have the front shocks replaced next week, I'll hopefully take the bike in at the same time. The local mechanic close to my house is really good with odd things like this. I'm hoping he can help me out.

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 am 
Got the ruck booked in at an exhaust shop for next week.
They are confident that they can build me a new head pipe that fits tighter to the rad. My goal is to have the lower mount on the motor for the center stand be the lowest part of the bike.

Figures crossed I GET it back before the long weekend... :canuck: :banger:

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:10 pm 
Looks good Andy, but yeah, the header disappears into the grass. :lol: That's the main reason I have only lowered my ruck about an inch. Granted, the lowriders look cooler, but I can lean it as far as I dare and never worry about scraping, and I've been known to jump a curb or two. Not criticism, merely a comment, but personally, I'll choose performance over appearance every time.

Hope you get it worked out! :highfive:

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:02 pm 
And finally my bike is ridable!!
Picked it up from the muffler shop. I really need to learn to weld. In my next house hopefully I’ll have the room to try.

Anyway. Sectioned out a few pieces of the head pipe.
The vertical piece was cut out of part that bolts to the head. The horizontal one was cut out of the straight section allowing the header to fit a lot tighter to the motor.

Thankfully the shop did as I asked and made the mounting location for the stock centre stand the lowest part of the bike.

Really happy with how the head pipe turned out. Lots of clearance now. Might have an issue with heat affecting the rad hose. May have to look into some exhaust wrap.

Took it for a ride down the street and did a few figure 8 turns to make sure I had all the clearance I need. Didn’t have my intake runner on so cant comment on the performance.
Only down side is that with the head pipe mods the silencer is now a bit crooked. Not too happy with that look. After the weekend I’ll see about straightening it out if I can. Hopefully I just have to bend the bracket or something.

Really like the sound the 2Brothers pipe makes. Much better than that GP version I had. And IMO it’s much better looking.

The wife says the pipe is a bit too “sporty” for the look of my bike. Mentioned how it doesn’t really fit with the knuckles gussets.
Whatever, I don’t have that same opinion. Going to run it for now. Looking forward to finally getting out for a ride next week.

Space Docker
Space Docker

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 pm 
mucho better! :banger:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 pm 
hey Andy you should hop on the yyc ruckus & others page on facebook, your 2 bros looks awesome nice and tight

One of Us
One of Us

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 am 
AzN 2NR wrote:
hey Andy you should hop on the yyc ruckus & others page on facebook, your 2 bros looks awesome nice and tight

Hey another YYC guy. :highfive:
Been following the YYC Ruckus FB page for a few months now. Was really surprised to see there were that many people in town with Ruck's. Haven't posted much. Would like to talk with a few locals about tuning a GET a bit better.
Haven't been to any meets this year. My brother and I are trying to make one of the Menace meets on Wednesday. Between the new baby, working on the truck, dirt biking and completing my street bike project the ruck has just sat this summer. Haven't even looked at the wife's ruck this year either.

What part of town you in? I'm in the deep SW.

Guess I should also post a mini update......
Mostly been riding the Ruck around the neighborhood. Short runs to the liquor store and things like that. Hit my test loop a few times but the results have not been great so I didn't record them. Been struggling to GET over 55kph. Pretty sure this is due to the fact that I'm still breaking in that Polini contra spring. The temps have been crazy hot here lately and usually that makes the bike run quick. Hoping to get this spring broke in soon so I can get back to some real tuning.
Loving the 2Bros exhaust. The sound is close to that of my prior WeBike GP exhaust and looks a shit ton better. Get a lot of compliments on it so money well spent i guess. The improved ground clearance has been nice. Should really do an oil change too. :meh:

more to come,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next