Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Chucktuna's Repainted the BR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 pm 
Simply outstanding!

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm 
rojasalex wrote:
Love your BR! :highfive: Post some updated pictures.

:mrgreen:

Thanks guys.
Not much need for new pics as it looks exactly the same.
Although, I've got some new tires here waiting install.

Morphesty 400cc

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:30 pm 
Hey just saw what you did to this BR, fantastic. Ok now I am hooked. I was thinking of refinishing the plastic part of my BR as they are scratched and not looking really good but I was not able to figure out what to use. Now thats what I whant to put on mine too. I did saw the link you place and saw that there is many size that can be ordered. Do you remember what size you did order. Was it just one pieces or many? Did you needed other product such as cleaner or surface prep

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 pm 
fixitpeter wrote:
Hey just saw what you did to this BR, fantastic. Ok now I am hooked. I was thinking of refinishing the plastic part of my BR as they are scratched and not looking really good but I was not able to figure out what to use. Now thats what I whant to put on mine too. I did saw the link you place and saw that there is many size that can be ordered. Do you remember what size you did order. Was it just one pieces or many? Did you needed other product such as cleaner or surface prep

It was one big piece that I cut up as needed. I think it was the 48 x 84 or 96. Either way, I did have quite a bit left over for other stuff.
No real prep as long as its clean and smooth.
They do offer an adhesion promoter type stuff, basically some kind of glue that you should use around the edges. I didn't use it and it ended up shrinking and pulling away from some of the edges. I think the glue would have prevented that.
I can't find the direct link, but its in here somewhere along with lots of good info:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

edit.
Here is the adhesion stuff:

Quote:
Primer 94: We highly recommend using 3M™ Primer 94 which is a liquid adhesive promoter and edge sealer. Simply apply it to complex curves and/or exposed edges, and it will help to ensure the material stays down over time. We don’t sell this because we ship material worldwide, but the Primer 94 is a hazardous material that creates too many issues with shipping…but you can pick it up at this site. Please keep in mind that Primer94 is a bonding agent and will essentially make your installation permanent.

http://www.hillas.com/Products/3M_Other ... 2_PINT.asp

Morphesty 400cc