Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Back to the future build
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:19 am 
blueandy8888 wrote:
So the concrete I used for the molds was a bit too rocky lol. Quickcrete doesn't work that well. I started to sand down the bondo and everything seemed to be OK until I went too deep and the quickcrete basically just started showing through again. So I'm going to pick up some plaster for ceramic and try that. I was excited about the concrete molds because it would have allowed me to make numerous covers to offer up. Don't know if the ceramic molds will hold up as well, but will definitely be able to work them a bit more .

????????????????

GROM - viewtopic.php?f=200&t=93316

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:30 pm 
st8 h8n wrote:
blueandy8888 wrote:
So the concrete I used for the molds was a bit too rocky lol. Quickcrete doesn't work that well. I started to sand down the bondo and everything seemed to be OK until I went too deep and the quickcrete basically just started showing through again. So I'm going to pick up some plaster for ceramic and try that. I was excited about the concrete molds because it would have allowed me to make numerous covers to offer up. Don't know if the ceramic molds will hold up as well, but will definitely be able to work them a bit more .

????????????????

I've used plaster to make molds like what you're making and would recommend it. Much better than concrete and you can use it over and over without damaging it.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TR

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 am 
Apparently the covers were an option in Japan Thailand etc... I've contacted a guy and he supposedly has some . We will see. Sorry for late reply. It's winter here in Missouri so been trying to stay inside