Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3671
Location: Vancouver / Lac La Hache
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm 
Taken from the Big Bore building thread over at ruckuscentral: http://battlescooter.proboards.com/inde ... 586&page=7

On this picture are the two thick rings (courtesy of android):
Image

So the order is:

Ring 1 goes first - on top of the piston - closest to the cylinder head - with side B up

Ring 2 goes second with side A up




The ruckus manual and instructions that came with the wiseco piston differ in the way you should stagger the ring gaps for the two top rings (both manuals are the same for the bottom three rings).

So i just went with the wiseco piston instructions, and you place the top ring gap (as looking at the piston with the intake side up) to the 3 o'clock position, second ring gap - 9 o'cl0ck position, top oil thin ring - around 2 o'clock, oil wavy ring - 6 o'clock, and bottom oil thin ring - around 10 o'clock.


Thanks to Varroa for compiling the info .

_________________
My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/160369477381976/ Suck,Squeeze,Burn,Blow
"Cigarettes are like hamsters , they're not bad for you until you stick one in your mouth and light it ." ~ JP


Top
 Profile  
 

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5062
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 am 
hey maybe it makes sense to post a thread in "how-to" section with a link to this thread?

_________________
Blackruk wrote:
Sooo . . . who wants to sue somebody? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3671
Location: Vancouver / Lac La Hache
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm 
Done mang . Are you feelin' the power ? :canuck:

_________________
My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/160369477381976/ Suck,Squeeze,Burn,Blow
"Cigarettes are like hamsters , they're not bad for you until you stick one in your mouth and light it ." ~ JP


Top
 Profile  
 

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5062
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 am 
i definitely am. at half throttle i got more power than i ever had with stock engine at full throttle.

_________________
Blackruk wrote:
Sooo . . . who wants to sue somebody? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 946
Location: Cypress, Ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:42 pm 
How did you end up putting the rings?


Top
 Profile  
 

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5062
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 am 
smartbomb wrote:
How did you end up putting the rings?

varroa wrote:
The ruckus manual and instructions that came with the wiseco piston differ in the way you should stagger the ring gaps for the two top rings (both manuals are the same for the bottom three rings).

So i just went with the wiseco piston instructions, and you place the top ring gap (as looking at the piston with the intake side up) to the 3 o'clock position, second ring gap - 9 o'cl0ck position, top oil thin ring - around 2 o'clock, oil wavy ring - 6 o'clock, and bottom oil thin ring - around 10 o'clock.

is that correct?

_________________
Blackruk wrote:
Sooo . . . who wants to sue somebody? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 946
Location: Cypress, Ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:02 am 
Oh I was meaning did you put the notch in the top ring up?


Top
 Profile  
 

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5062
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 am 
i put the "step" side of the ring down, as per chanito's recommendations.

_________________
Blackruk wrote:
Sooo . . . who wants to sue somebody? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 

Space Docker
Space Docker
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 3671
Location: Vancouver / Lac La Hache
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 pm 
What rollers/sliders are you using V ?

_________________
My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/160369477381976/ Suck,Squeeze,Burn,Blow
"Cigarettes are like hamsters , they're not bad for you until you stick one in your mouth and light it ." ~ JP


Top
 Profile  
 

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5062
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Big bore piston ring instructions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am 
worn out stock metropolitan weights. which reminds me: i need to order rollers and a belt. thanks.

_________________
Blackruk wrote:
Sooo . . . who wants to sue somebody? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: No rucksters and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

Technophobes: click here if you are having issues registering or logging in

TotalRuckus.com 2005-2015 (That’s 10 F’ing years!) - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group