Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: ARP Headbolt Torque Procedure
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 pm 
Anyone know where this went? Been looking for it :ucrazy:

Maybe make it a sticky, fairly important one :wasted:

Space Docker
Space Docker
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: ARP Headbolt Torque Procedure?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 am 
Thanks to seansean TR search God for resurfacing this piece from the Chanito .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys are killing me. This is my method as there is no instructions from the factory for this. You need an inch pound torque wrench, the foot pounds are way to big for such a small bolt and the diferences in torque way bigger, so get one, borrow or buy one, a Sears one is good enough. the proper torque sequence is not a crisscross pattern but a spiral one, the 4 long ones are number 1 thru 4, with one being the lower one towards the timing chain, the number 2 the one right above it, 3 is the top outer one, 4 the lower outer one, the two small ones are 5 and 6 with 5 being the lower one, hope that is clear, you need to torque the head in 3 steps.
The first one will be 1 thru 4 (in that order) to "20" in/lbs
Second is 1 thru 6 torque in that order to "50" in/lbs
And finally 1 thru six to "96" in/lbs
If you are using ARP bolts you can go to "102" in/lbs (but i keep it at 96, in case i need to take the head apart again, then i will go to 102 the second time around)
When you fill the coolant, leave the hose to the carb heater disconnected and fill the rad untill coland flows out of them, then hook the lines and keep filling, when it is full, go for a normal ride of about 15 minutes, then let the scooter cool for about 2 hours, recheck the coolant level, refill if necesary and then go for a hard ride (stay close to home in case the engine overheats due to air in the system) if the engine overheats, do not panic just ride back home and let it cool, refill again and that should take care of the problem, if it does not, congratulate yourself, as you did a good job
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From chanito on an overheating thread

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: ARP Headbolt Torque Procedure
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 am 
My arps said to go to 85 ft/lb..oh wait I got my forums mixed up.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: ARP Headbolt Torque Procedure
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:55 pm 
:P