Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 
1. Only one thread per member. Duplicate member threads will be deleted, please make sure you search before creating a new thread.
2. Keep it professional and short, but try to include at least one specific about your transaction ie what you bought, shipping.... No bull shit, no giant wall of text, no quoting other people, just give us the facts. Post that do not include a name of the item in the transaction will be deleted.
3. Anyone caught lying or using fake accounts to embellish themselves or attack other will be thrown the fuck out.
4. This is not about who's a super nice guy or a popularity contest. Only post a review if you have first hand dealing with this person where you bought or sold something from them. All extraneous posts will be deleted, include specifics like what you bought.
5. Please read the rules again. Go here if you have questions or don't like the rules viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30768

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Monster GY6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:55 pm 
I am obviously new to the boards but couldn't find much info on monstergy6.com. I am considering buying a fatty kit and a gy6. Can anyone give some feedback on quality?

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

Post subject: Re: Monster GY6 411?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm 
Can't help you with your actual question but still, you may find this interesting. This place http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/125_1 ... mance.html is offerring a 200cc engine for $500. If you are looking at the monsterGY6 stock engine for $450 it seems like a much better deal. Oil cooler and a nice crome CVT cover plus a bit bigger. Personally I think to say it is 200cc is bullshit though. I would guess it has what the chinese call a 200cc kit which really only increases the displacement to 155cc but still, 155cc is much better than 150, and it's got the oil cooler and nice CVT case. It is a long case engine so you need to be sure it meets your needs. Also you need to ask about what kind of head it has. I would assume for that price it is stock which will work fine but is not really that suitable and likely to cause overheating (hence the oil cooler) and in some cases will blow the head gasket. I have asked this guy for tech advice before and he is a very nice guy who really knows what he is doing so it would probably be fine as is. You could always buy a nice bigger head anyway. If so, look into a polish job too, as this is said to have a dramtic effect, but it is not neccessary at all. I would quiz him on the bore size. I'm guessing it is a 58.5mm bore with a stock stroke of 57.8mm (155cc) You can use this http://www.bgsoflex.com/displacement.html to calculate the true capicity. I would also quiz him on the reliabilty of starting. In most cases when using a big bore cylinder you will need to install a heavy-duty starter clutch (20 bead) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Starter- ... ccessories
and wire the starter motor with very thick heavy-duty wire (and ground it too with the same wire)
Anyway, sounds like you are going to be e very happy man soon :banger:

BTW.... he also sells a 4mm stroker crank for $150....this is da bomb.....well worth the money. If the engine is in fact a 155cc this will increase capacity to 166.6cc (which is what I have :banger: ) Not only does it increase capacity but it also increases torque DRAMATICALLY. You won't have the toughest bike on TR by any means, but you will have yourself a very respectable little beast

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:13 am 
I ordered a NCY foot brace two weeks ago and still have not received it. I called wednesday and the guy told me it shipped earlier this week. The place is in Georgia I live in south Texas.

Cheap prices and free shipping over $75 but you get no tracking numbers to know where your package is. I don't know if it's being shipped by UPS, FED EX, or USPS. I will definitely post again when i get my package.

Monty

lowblueranger wrote:
talk about a low life. Your not new here just a new name same shady scammer williamtennal.

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 pm 
monty......keep us posted. I'm kinda wondering, is it being shipped directly from china :?:

★TR★Addict★
★TR★Addict★
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 pm 
i would imagine the motor from scrappydog is a 61mm bore considering its a 161 qml

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:11 am 
poontangluva wrote:
monty......keep us posted. I'm kinda wondering, is it being shipped directly from china :?:

Will do. I am checking for a package, sticker on my door, and my mail box everyday still have not received anything. I received an email showing the order on April 1st. I really wanted to get a footbrace but I ordered it by accident I clicked continue to see the total cause it was not showing shipping or tax amounts and it just automatically finalized everything. It went to a page saying thank you for ordering. So no tax and no shipping fees (a plus??)

I have had packages before that made it to Houston went to Dallas stayed there for two days then went back to Houston stayed there for another day then come to me (Fed EX) so not sure if thats the case

lowblueranger wrote:
talk about a low life. Your not new here just a new name same shady scammer williamtennal.

Patron Saint of TR
Patron Saint of TR
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:05 am 
I believe the Gy6 kits that they sell are made by ComposiMo... I've bought alot of stuff from them and have always been happy with them!!! :)

TT-350z wrote:
thats like me rocking ssbc stickers without meeting stimpy :twisted:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 pm 
Stimpy433 wrote:
I believe the Gy6 kits that they sell are made by ComposiMo... I've bought alot of stuff from them and have always been happy with them!!! :)

Well now I feel more comfortable now that a veteran of TR has spoken positive about them.

How long was the wait?

lowblueranger wrote:

Patron Saint of TR
Patron Saint of TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:02 pm 
montygarza wrote:
Stimpy433 wrote:

Well now I feel more comfortable now that a veteran of TR has spoken positive about them.

How long was the wait?

They ship my order out next day and I got it in 3-4 days i think.... If I remember right they are located in Cali.

TT-350z wrote:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 pm 
Stimpy433 wrote:
montygarza wrote:
Stimpy433 wrote:

How long was the wait?

They ship my order out next day and I got it in 3-4 days i think.... If I remember right they are located in Cali.

http://monstergy6.com/contact.htm they are in Georgia. Its been 12 days since the order processed. I called last week Wednesday said I should get it in a couple of days.

lowblueranger wrote:

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:29 pm 
Thats the first decent looking drive cover ive seen on a gy6.

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=99

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:14 pm 
So Monster GY6 is awesome definitely order from there. The order went through Apr 1st and arrived Apr 7th at my apartment office.

I have looked everyday on my door for a sticker letting me know my package would be in the office.

So turns out Monster Gy6 is awesome and the UPS guy that day sucked. He didn't even come to my door, I was home the entire day on Thursday Apr 7th

The footbrace looks awesome

lowblueranger wrote:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 pm 
Stimpy433 wrote:
montygarza wrote:
Stimpy433 wrote:

How long was the wait?

Updated the post. So turns out the UPS guy did not do his job and left the package at my apt office with out coming to my door I was home that whole day. So like you said they are awesome and I will be a returning customer

lowblueranger wrote:

Patron Saint of TR
Patron Saint of TR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:54 pm 
My bad, the other place I ordered from was in Cali... :oops:

TT-350z wrote:

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:42 pm 
Stimpy433 wrote:
My bad, the other place I ordered from was in Cali... :oops:

With all the mods you have done how could you remember :D

lowblueranger wrote: