Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: new guy here wants to swap gy6 150cc into kymco super 9 ac
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:28 pm 
hey guys i came across this site based on searches of gy6 150cc swaps. as the title says i want to drop a 150cc gy6 into my kymco s9. i know i can upgrade my 2 stroke with bbk and make close to the same power but i dont wanna have to go through the hassel of porting and all the other tuning involved in getting it to the same level as a 150cc gy6. also the reliability factor of a high reving machine vs a complety stock 150cc acheiving the same speed. So if anyone knows of a 150cc gy6 for a pretty decent price please send me the link and im even considering used engines for the right price. i need a compelte engine including wheel, exhaust and engine itself, since my rear wheel does not have the same splines as a gy6 150.
Thanks for the fast responces,
Kyle

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: new guy here wants to swap gy6 150cc into kymco super 9 ac
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:39 am 
The cheapest way into a GY6 swap is to find a donor bike. You might also start looking up how to chop together a wiring harness for it as well. Craigslist is a good place to start for the donor.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:29 am 
i have looked at splicing the wire harness up and my mechanic says he has done them before so i trust him doing it. i will check craigslist thanks for the help

Zombies
Zombies

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 am 
super 9 for sale here locally for $425 and most gy donors hover around $600. would be sweet to put in the wrench time and have the two into one for less than $1100 or so. the super 9 is sporty looking with a short wheel base and the longer case would look awesome. :highfive:

[/quote]mad hate, its a fucking scooter, sorry its not to your standards brah[/quote]

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03 am 
I know you are after a GY6 swap. But you might want to keep an open mind here. The Super 9 also came LC, so if you got an LC bore and all the LC fixins, the Super9 is one of the most bulletproof 2 strokes on the market. Even more so than the Minarelli because of the weak crank. 60-65 on a BBK Super 9 is as easy as a BBK, carb, and pipe. Want even faster, then get gears. Plug and play is a bonus here too. And this is all in by like 10k rpm. Just food for thought.

Zombies
Zombies

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm 
buguy wrote:
I know you are after a GY6 swap. But you might want to keep an open mind here. The Super 9 also came LC, so if you got an LC bore and all the LC fixins, the Super9 is one of the most bulletproof 2 strokes on the market. Even more so than the Minarelli because of the weak crank. 60-65 on a BBK Super 9 is as easy as a BBK, carb, and pipe. Want even faster, then get gears. Plug and play is a bonus here too. And this is all in by like 10k rpm. Just food for thought.

Good call^ . Ha shows my lack of knowledge for the super 9. If it came with the factory LC, I'd keep it also. It always amazes me how much power some of these 50s can put out.

[/quote]mad hate, its a fucking scooter, sorry its not to your standards brah[/quote]

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:25 pm 
i wish i had a lc version i have the ac version as i could not find a lc one :cry:
but im thinking about the 70cc malossi kit that will bring me the torque i need for my scooter to get 40-50moh now i jsut have to get the tunning wih the carb

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm 
There is damn near an entire LC bike parted out on Ebay right now. All you need is the radiator and the water pump. If you going to buy a new bore either way, it wouldnt cost that much more.

I have an LC 9 with a Malossi kit right now and its a pretty nice scoot. And its going to be for sale tomorrow if anone is interested. Front and rear disk, good suspention, 12"tires, factory tach and temp guage. Brand new House of Kolor Kandy Tangerine paint (over Orion Silver metalflake)! Technigas RSII pipe, new belt, and a 19mm Arreche carb, and new rings and small bearing just installed. Looking for A grand if anyone is looking for one down here in Daytona Beach.