Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Van Island Rucksters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 pm 
CANUKCON!!!! get in there .. voice your opinions!!!

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=58134&p=967723#p967723

North America's HOTLAP Distributor

Northern Touch

Ghosts
Ghosts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 am 
Alright you mofos. I saw a crew of 4 Ruck riders rollin' downtown yesterday evening. WTF! Holla at me :banger: :banger:

Ghosts
Ghosts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm 
New year, any new island Ruckers? :banger:

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:27 pm 
I'm originally from Vic if it makes you feel less lonely :canuck:
maybe someday I will get my ruck there for a cruise...

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 pm 
bazinga wrote:
I'm originally from Vic if it makes you feel less lonely :canuck:
maybe someday I will get my ruck there for a cruise...

And now your stuck in the frozen wasteland called Edmonton with the rest of us...which actually wasn't too bad today. I can almost feel riding season on days like today.

Grew up in Sidney myself. I now call Edmonton my place of residence, but the Vic will always feel like home...kind of married onto the Alberta lifestyle.

Last time I was home I was quite pleased with the Ruck/scooter friendly parking available on the downtown streets and parkades. Way to go Victoria! Although I'm sure there's a hidden agenda of fitting more parking spaces in a smaller area, thus generating more revenue for the city coffers.

Anyone from Vic tell me what the scene is like out there? Saw a lot of Rucks when I was home last summer.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 pm 
hah! small world hey?... I grew up in oak bay. I love sidney, always stop by when I'm home and have the time.
Vic would be absolutely the perfect place in Canada for a ruck! Super jelly.
Also curious about the ruckus scene there, enlighten us!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:25 am 
I lived in Colwood for quite a few years (Belmont Park), my dad was posted there while in the Navy.I went to John Stubbs and Belmont HS. Even though I'm from the other coast, I loved Vic while I was there. Goldstream park and humpback road would be nice cruising. Or even Oak bay along the water and on into Uplands where them rich folk live. Lots of good memories from there. Went back last year, tons of scooters ( Noticed alot of Derbis- good 50cc scooter, but not too popular elsewhere. except Quebec) on the road. I guess having snow free streets most of the year helps. I noticed last time I visited, it's getting damn crowded! I couldn't believe how much Vic grew since last there. I would love to do a trip "up island" on the big Ruckus once I've got her back together. I sure got weather soft after living there. When we moved to Ottawa, I damn near froze my ass off. I moved to Ottawa, Jan,27. I left Vic wearing a pair of runners, jeans and a jean jacket. I forgot how to dress for winter, man that was a brutal first winter. No winter clothes, I learned real quick! I think it'd be very cool to get a cross Canada trip going, with Victoria as a final destination and pick-up fellow "Rucksters" up as we go along. Tour coast to coast in the summer on Ruckuses. It would be interesting to see how many we could get together for it.

2005 Honda big Ruckus

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=65480&p=1116648#p1116648

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 am 
It would really make for a beautiful cruise, thats for sure! That would be something I would definitely be interested in if I could swing it.

Ghosts
Ghosts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:59 pm 
Rally time!

https://www.facebook.com/events/308254275906480/

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: The Vapours Scooter Club hits Van Isle
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:11 pm 
Hey everyone,

After riding on the Island, doing road trips, off-roading and all other forms of "how far can I push my Ruckus," a couple friends and I decided that while doing these various rides we saw hundreds of other riders here on the Island, but no clear way to bring us riders together. After various debates (usually at a local pub after a long ride, over a beer) we decided to form a patch-wearing Scooter Club called "The Vapours."

(I wanted to go with the "Nightriders," but wearing David Hasslehoff's face on my back isn't very appealing)

So, we discussed membership, club colors, and what essentially we wanted from the members, and foremost the Club itself. After much debate we've come to feel the best way to ride this out is to form a non-profit, non-business owning, humourous scooter club, open to anyone in BC who rides recreationally, as a day to day to and from work thing, or just loves to ride in general. Membership is open to someone who owns a scooter, lives in BC, is ok taking a degree of control and organising rides in their local area, town, city or municipality and obviously is not criminally oriented.

We had a custom patch maker from North Carolina create our 4-piece patches for us, and interested riders who wish to become members will be required to purchase the patches from us. If members want to induct other members, they'll have to direct the enquires to us (the founding 3 members), and we'll proceed from there.

These are the colors we decided on: [url] https://mail-attachment.googleuserconte ... UMAJJN1lVE
[/url]

Feel free to ask me any questions concerning the Club, and I look forward to riding with you all at some point in the future. Ride safe, and have fun!

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
^^
Me? I would have gone with Cobra Kai.. :highfive:

Ghosts
Ghosts

Post subject: Re: The Vapours Scooter Club hits Van Isle
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 am 
Abramelin wrote:
Hey everyone,

After riding on the Island, doing road trips, off-roading and all other forms of "how far can I push my Ruckus," a couple friends and I decided that while doing these various rides we saw hundreds of other riders here on the Island, but no clear way to bring us riders together. After various debates (usually at a local pub after a long ride, over a beer) we decided to form a patch-wearing Scooter Club called "The Vapours."

(I wanted to go with the "Nightriders," but wearing David Hasslehoff's face on my back isn't very appealing)

So, we discussed membership, club colors, and what essentially we wanted from the members, and foremost the Club itself. After much debate we've come to feel the best way to ride this out is to form a non-profit, non-business owning, humourous scooter club, open to anyone in BC who rides recreationally, as a day to day to and from work thing, or just loves to ride in general. Membership is open to someone who owns a scooter, lives in BC, is ok taking a degree of control and organising rides in their local area, town, city or municipality and obviously is not criminally oriented.

We had a custom patch maker from North Carolina create our 4-piece patches for us, and interested riders who wish to become members will be required to purchase the patches from us. If members want to induct other members, they'll have to direct the enquires to us (the founding 3 members), and we'll proceed from there.

These are the colors we decided on: [url] https://mail-attachment.googleuserconte ... UMAJJN1lVE
[/url]

Feel free to ask me any questions concerning the Club, and I look forward to riding with you all at some point in the future. Ride safe, and have fun!

This is awesome! :highfive: I know a few riders :banger:

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am 
Perfect, well you're welcome to join our FB group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/104221989714731/ otherwise, keep in touch via email and we'll get together for a ride. I'm sure I'll see you at the rally coming up.

Bring your friends together, and lets do a cruise eh?

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:33 pm 
Our patch:

[url][URL=http://imgur.com/HWahn]Image[/url][/url]

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 pm 
Nice patch....me thinks it needs a Ruckus in there somewhere. Are you a Ruck only club, or are you open to non-Rucks? Maybe just a "no Vespa's allows" club? CCSC too much of a pansy club for you guys? :hum