Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Living room mechanic
 Post subject: Re: Blake
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 pm 
Blimy, that has got to be one of the quickest Zoomer experiences on here.
:wanker:

MY RIDE:- http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=44727

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:46 pm 
yeah, it was just too slow for me, if i had it as a ride out bike then i may have kept it. but it gets daft when people try to actively kill you

filtering 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwTRorGZb84

and some encounters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sPbCQmV2gg

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:02 am 
christmas pressy, tyga carbon dash surround

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:44 am 
Looks nice m8

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:45 pm 
cheers bud, i think this is gunna be the start of a carbon fettish

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Garage mechanic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:45 pm 
:popcorn: love me some carbon!

'The Darkness'

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:23 am 
always love carbon, tank cover is next i think

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 pm 
Hey man, love the grom, atm im debating a grom or a zoomer and i just wanted to knoe what you think of the grom, assumning you use it to commute on.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 pm 
yup, use it for commuting, (not so much last 2 weeks, bloody cold weather, and the mrs hasnt needed the car :)

i love it, its abit more maintanace wise than the zoomer. but its much more fun, you can take it further, and as its faster, you dont get tools passing you in silly places

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:42 pm 
have you looked into modifing it like a stretch boring it out, i dont think id be able to keep it standard for long, have you riden a yzf because for me its between this a yzf or a gy6 zoomer

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:17 pm 
ok, first
stretch ive considered, but i want to keep this bery ridable. and nimble. plus i believe it may fail the MOT with a stretch
big bore, nope. im on Ls at the moment so it would be illegal, plus i keep hearing of them popping once theyve been big bored, and as its my daily i sort of need it to work :) its fast enough round town, and if i go out of town, 60 aint so bad :)

second, yzf. i havent unfortunatly i was tempted by the mt125 (same as yzf but upright) but the price put me off. riden my bros cbr125 (cbr 12hp, yzf 15hp, msx 9hp) it was nice, but alot heavier than the msx. and in a sort of race, it didnt seem much quicker.
gy6 zoomer, is tempting. but then chinese :( and i just didnt have the time to do it myself. and im not sure buying someone elses is a great idea, you dont know what effort they put into the swap

the msx is gunna get modded, but more for style than speed( lots of carbon), i do 90% of my riding in town so going 10mph faster doesnt really interest me

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:24 pm 
supraking wrote:
ok, first
stretch ive considered, but i want to keep this bery ridable. and nimble. plus i believe it may fail the MOT with a stretch
big bore, nope. im on Ls at the moment so it would be illegal, plus i keep hearing of them popping once theyve been big bored, and as its my daily i sort of need it to work :) its fast enough round town, and if i go out of town, 60 aint so bad :)

second, yzf. i havent unfortunatly i was tempted by the mt125 (same as yzf but upright) but the price put me off. riden my bros cbr125 (cbr 12hp, yzf 15hp, msx 9hp) it was nice, but alot heavier than the msx. and in a sort of race, it didnt seem much quicker.
gy6 zoomer, is tempting. but then chinese :( and i just didnt have the time to do it myself. and im not sure buying someone elses is a great idea, you dont know what effort they put into the swap

the msx is gunna get modded, but more for style than speed( lots of carbon), i do 90% of my riding in town so going 10mph faster doesnt really interest me

Fair enough mate, im an apprentice mechanic, and i doubt the stretch would fail the MOT unless its like retardedly long like some of the ones in the us, i see where your coming from tho mate, ATM ive got a 50cc LC 2stroke speedfight 3 and around town it pulls like no ones business, as soon as it sees a hill it shits itself and goes back down to 28-34. usually ill be cruising around on flat around 40-45 and ive managed to get 65 downhill but im pretty sure if i stayed at speed for much longer somethiung would of blown it was vibrating like a bitch, so i kinda wana get something bigger(i only got my speedfight a month or two before christmas :headbashing: :mrgreen: ) so my mum isnt pleased that ive brought up the topic of me buying MYSELF a new bike, i was proper leaning towards the zoomer with a gy6 but i was skeptical about the Chinese engines and making sure i get the right one to start with then all the bollocks with shipping parts from the us and finding a Donner bike, and just to start with im looking at 1.5k for the zoomer and im just gonna tear most of it apart and change it, and the MSX is only 2k so thats another upside, plus if i was to mod my Msx then theres plenty of places that do parts for them, i go to college and most kids there have 125s or 50s and there usually the run of the mill yzf, or some chinese peice of shit so i kinda want something that will stand, my speedfight gets alot of attention which tnh i quite like so i dont want to get something that will be over looked.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:55 am 
That's what made me get the zoomer. Iwanted something quirky. And the msx is the next step. Gets noticed by old and young alike. And because it's only 100kg it will keep up with most things atleast till 40/45

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:23 am 
supraking wrote:
That's what made me get the zoomer. Iwanted something quirky. And the msx is the next step. Gets noticed by old and young alike. And because it's only 100kg it will keep up with most things atleast till 40/45

im 17 in two days so i might start properly looking to get one soon, i think i might do what youve done on here and try to part exchange and see if i can get a decent price if not ill just sell it private and pay the difference but that measn ill have to go without a ped to get back and forth from the gym and college so yeah kinda stuck.

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Kitchen mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:50 am 
A GY6 swap isn't that bad, people say "chinese" engines, and they're kind of right, but if they're maintained, they're reasonably reliable. The problems start when you start putting big bore kits on and riding without CVT covers, things they weren't designed for. Also, GY6 standard exhausts are fucking rust collectors :P

Ideal world, Zoomer and MSX :D

BITS FOR SALE!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next