Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Kitaco CDi for FI Zoomer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 am 
Black Market wrote:
yeah, but adding a more free flowing exhaust and doing nothing on the intake kinda kills the effect

of course while you're at freeing up the flow of air/gas through the engine the ideal thing would be to port and polish, up the cam etc, but probably not worth it on these turdboxes :lol:

Agreed, there lies some more potential in power increase. A port and a polish done professionally, I have read, can give a an 8% - 20% power gain. Then adding a sports camshaft would do wonders. However running a cam with the Poloni Black Box of Death it would never be capable of idling.
I have a ported Zoomer throttle body, that I done myself. Its done fairly nicely, but cant seem to find the pics of it atm. Needless to say I could never really feel the difference...

MY RIDE

TODAYS FORECAST
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/london?tab=fiveDay

A Zoomer is for life, not just for Xmas

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 am 
Razorscoots wrote:
Can you remove the O2 sensor from the stock exhaust and somehow place it in one of these performance exhausts? Also the Kitaco foam air filter was mentioned for the FI but can those be run in heavy rain?
I think I would get better performance from a less restrictive air filter and it's not like the stock air filters are that cheap as they cost nearly 20 bucks, I do sometimes have to ride in moderately heavy rain so I am concerned that the water will clog the filter or worse have water sucked into the engine.

Hi everyone,
Have a look at this link - which may be a solution for riding in the rain!
http://www.outerwearsracing.com/tech.html
I've got a Kitaco filter fitted to my ride.
Plum :D

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:07 am 
Plum70612 wrote:
Razorscoots wrote:
Can you remove the O2 sensor from the stock exhaust and somehow place it in one of these performance exhausts? Also the Kitaco foam air filter was mentioned for the FI but can those be run in heavy rain?
I think I would get better performance from a less restrictive air filter and it's not like the stock air filters are that cheap as they cost nearly 20 bucks, I do sometimes have to ride in moderately heavy rain so I am concerned that the water will clog the filter or worse have water sucked into the engine.

Hi everyone,

Search "lambda sensor nut (or boss)" on eBay and then get a local welder to hole your header pipe for your performance exhaust and then instal it.

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:54 pm 
Hi! :)

Today I installed my Kitaco I-map, but I can't feel much difference. I already have a doppler power filter, polini exhaust, polini variator, new polini belt, and 5,6g weights. Before, when the I-map was not fitted, I reached 37 mph (60kmh) with 3x5,6g and 3x6,9g fitted. Now, with 5,6g and I-Map I reach approximently the same. What's wrong? Thougt I should get 50 mph so I'm a bit disappointed. Do I run wrong weights? I'm going to change the sparkplug tomorrow, but I dont think that's the hole problem.

PLEASE HELP :?

Regards from Norway :)

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 pm 
Fit six 4g weights.

MY RIDE

TODAYS FORECAST

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 am 
Zoomerguy wrote:
Hi! :)

Today I installed my Kitaco I-map, but I can't feel much difference. I already have a doppler power filter, polini exhaust, polini variator, new polini belt, and 5,6g weights. Before, when the I-map was not fitted, I reached 37 mph (60kmh) with 3x5,6g and 3x6,9g fitted. Now, with 5,6g and I-Map I reach approximently the same. What's wrong? Thougt I should get 50 mph so I'm a bit disappointed. Do I run wrong weights? I'm going to change the sparkplug tomorrow, but I dont think that's the hole problem.

PLEASE HELP :?

Regards from Norway :)

Yup, try lighter weights first. But if you still expect 50mph you will most likely be dissapointed. You need to do some serious mechanical work (intake porting, reshaped camshaft and changing final gear) to make a EFI GET to reach those speeds. With the stuff you have, a top speed around 45mph is to be expected.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:31 am 
Agree if you reach 45mph I would leave it there and be happy with it. You have at that rate a relatively good performing bike and one that won't blow up on you in the too near future

MY RIDE

TODAYS FORECAST

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:47 am 
Hey Zoomerguy, you should try to find some tunning shop (if you got the pc-imap interface) to brake it up for you on dyno. With the soft available at the kitaco web, you could preset the fuel maps and rev limiter. But the outcome could be up to the 5-10km/h in the top speed if done precisely. 4g weights are just too light. Go for 5gs. but it depends on how heavy you are....I presume you have set the third switch on the imap for the outcome you are speaking about?

Anyway this is just a tiny engine and as Zoomerdude said, it will be a reliable ride in comparison to polini which is stronger, but it will fcuk up your head (speaking from own experience). If you want go faster, buy another bike:)

Project Choppster: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48350

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:49 am 
:wc_flag: for Feathor... I know you won't like what I'm about to say, but, if you want a faster Zoomer, do a swap. If you want just to go faster, fair play, buy another bike..... ;)

MY RIDE

TODAYS FORECAST

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 pm 
sure, I agree on that but taking into account the costs and potential legal issues related to such a "build" (speaking from my Czech perspective) it just isnt worth the efforts:) I spent on my ride about the same monies for which I bought sportster 1200 from 1996 last month. Therefore I try to open eyes to the people who are about to enter this money pit with false expectations. I was also dissapointed with the performance of imap together with the kitaco transmission in comparision to polini, which however fcuked my engine. After that I just understood that I hit the limits behind which I just dont want to go. I built a reliable bike which is faster than stock- what makes me to cope with this fact is the sportster in my garage for weekends:)
Anyway, my zoomie performs well downhills- if you find nice hill, you hit 90kmh easily, but it just does not feel safe- I cannot imagine to ride faster than the 75kmh crusing speed on this bike- without steering damper its just a deathtrap over 80kmh:)
I understand that for someone the swap is the way to go, but everyone who is about to make this decision should ask him or herself if it is worth the efforts....I dunno how it is in UK but in Czech Republic, if you get involved in an accident, and the insurance company finds the bike is a built and this fact is not enrolled in the papers, you got a big problem. And fact is that you just cannot legalize swap here-only, again with terrible costs- to "sell" it to Germany or Switzerland and there register it as build with appropriate engine and measurements and then sell it back to Czech Republic.....so if you could make it legal in UK, go for it. In here, its just sci-fi and thats why I kept the bike somehow stock to get through the technical controls (even if these guys are nazis and shall kick you out just for another tires on the bike...)

Project Choppster: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=48350

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

The way it should be
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:02 pm 
Faethor wrote:
Hey Zoomerguy, you should try to find some tunning shop (if you got the pc-imap interface) to brake it up for you on dyno. With the soft available at the kitaco web, you could preset the fuel maps and rev limiter. But the outcome could be up to the 5-10km/h in the top speed if done precisely. 4g weights are just too light. Go for 5gs. but it depends on how heavy you are....I presume you have set the third switch on the imap for the outcome you are speaking about?

Anyway this is just a tiny engine and as Zoomerdude said, it will be a reliable ride in comparison to polini which is stronger, but it will fcuk up your head (speaking from own experience). If you want go faster, buy another bike:)

Thanks! I'm only 64 kg, so the bike isn't really overloaded ;). Going to buy 5 g weights tomorrow. Because I live in the small country of Norway, a tuning shop suitable for the job is a rare and expensive thing... But do you think the engine will get fucked up over the years by the high reving? That is something I really don't want. Then it's better to run like stock.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm 
Zoomerguy wrote:
Faethor wrote:

Thanks! I'm only 64 kg, so the bike isn't really overloaded ;). Going to buy 5 g weights tomorrow. Because I live in the small country of Norway, a tuning shop suitable for the job is a rare and expensive thing... But do you think the engine will get fucked up over the years by the high reving? That is something I really don't want. Then it's better to run like stock.
A crucial part when tuning a naturally aspirated engine is to elevate maximum rev. Higher rev = more air and fuel through the engine = more power. It is also a known fact that higher revs will kill an engine faster. Valve springs, pistons, conrods and bearings will take some serious beating. It would not surprise me if a rev increase from 8k rpm to 10k rpm will shorten the life span to half, maybe even less. There are so many factors involved so it is impossible to say. Not even racing teams with their meticulously built and well balanced engines can say for sure. That's why they are playing it safe and rebuild their engines completely after just a few hours run. For road use one should stay far below the stress levels race engines see. And if you still want to yank the monkeys tail, be prepared that your engine might go to heaven with a big bang. :wasted:

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm 
YEah an increase WILL shorten the live, and like mentioned... A rise from 9k to 10K might halve the livespan, but that does not mean now that you can ride up to 10k rev it has to run that high all the time. Ride up to 9k and hit the 10k when you need it, or if youd like to play occationally....

MY RIDE

TODAYS FORECAST

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm 
Plum70612 wrote:
Plum70612 wrote:
Razorscoots wrote:

Hi everyone,

Search "lambda sensor nut (or boss)" on eBay and then get a local welder to hole your header pipe for your performance exhaust and then instal it.

Thanks I'll look into that.

Edit: I took a look at my muffler today and I'm pretty sure the O2 sensor is on the exhaust manifold right before the header pipe joins the engine. Is this the case for the UK Zoomers as well?

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 pm 
It's mounted on the header, right before the muffler...
The header meets up with the engine on the opposite side of the engine...

Here's mine on a Polini-exhaust:

This is a "lambda-rule" so it'll be there on every pgm-fi scoot/moto...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next