Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 am 
kabylewolf wrote:
Im down, just text me on whenever you want to make this happen

080 649 55230

Name is ariles

Sent from my ISW11M using Tapatalk 2


Is your Ruckus Stock? If not what's on it? Just curious...What time do you get off tomorrow. I'm getting off around 2:30pm


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 31
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 am 
Not sure when I get off exactly. I have to support the SOG CC in some nonsense.

Just has exhaust for now. Variator and cdi has been shipped.




Sent from my ISW11M using Tapatalk 2

_________________
1998 Subaru WRX GC8
1995 Mazda Rx7
1992 Mazda Miata
1994 Mazda Rx7 (LS Swap)
1979 Porsche 911SC
1996 Mazda Miata (What can I say? I'm a Mazda fan)


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:21 am 
kabylewolf wrote:
Not sure when I get off exactly. I have to support the SOG CC in some nonsense.

Just has exhaust for now. Variator and cdi has been shipped.




Sent from my ISW11M using Tapatalk 2


Which Variator and CDI did you get?

I've got HMF Exhaust, PE20 Carb (took air box off) NCY CDI, ATR Lowered Seat, JDM lowered handle bars, ATR foot brace, ATR Extension, ATR lowered shock, LED front blinkers in Battery Box. Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/Tach/Temp Sensor. R6 tail light.

extra stuff. got a Polini Variator, Dorby Variator and Molassi Variator, also have a Sheng Wey PC20 Carb. another Stock Engine, Original Seat,
I got the variators at a good price used. Got them to test them out and see which one I liked better...

Hopefully you didn't get the Posh CDI. Had that one before the NCY CDI and I quickly became part of the Kick-start club. :pissed: Oh ! and I have some extra weight too for the variators...I can do about 46mph on flats. Tested it out on the other side of the flight line....

Right now I'm in the process of re-jetting the carb. Can't quite get it to run smooth. Have a slight bog from 1/4-3/4 when i turn the throttle...

I'm over on Sebille Manor


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 31
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 am 
I got a Kitaco CDI. I'm open to purchasing your variators. I could use a little help with the tuning and finding out which weights work.


Odds are I'm going to need to re-jet mine as well. I just haven't bought a jet kit yet. I get a bit of a bog too.



Not planning on getting too crazy with mine. I love the stock look, and I would like to reach 70kmph.. nothing crazy :D

_________________
1998 Subaru WRX GC8
1995 Mazda Rx7
1992 Mazda Miata
1994 Mazda Rx7 (LS Swap)
1979 Porsche 911SC
1996 Mazda Miata (What can I say? I'm a Mazda fan)


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:43 am 
What's your max speed / Average speed?


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 44
Location: Okinawa
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 am 
Ariles... A few friends are planning to meet up Friday night around 10 if you want to Ruck out. The big Esso (330) on the left before Foster.

I'm trying to get mine done before then. Have it half way torn down... Changing shit up. If I can't get-er-done in time, then I'll be out there on my Tmax.

Open invite to zoomers. Should be a few out come hang out and see what's up
Holla


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 31
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm 
hicomp4ag wrote:
Ariles... A few friends are planning to meet up Friday night around 10 if you want to Ruck out. The big Esso (330) on the left before Foster.

I'm trying to get mine done before then. Have it half way torn down... Changing shit up. If I can't get-er-done in time, then I'll be out there on my Tmax.

Open invite to zoomers. Should be a few out come hang out and see what's up
Holla

HAH! You got it bro-homo! I'll be out there. Shoot me another text, I lost your number after I got my phone replaced.


10am right?

_________________
1998 Subaru WRX GC8
1995 Mazda Rx7
1992 Mazda Miata
1994 Mazda Rx7 (LS Swap)
1979 Porsche 911SC
1996 Mazda Miata (What can I say? I'm a Mazda fan)


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:27 pm 
Anyone here know where I can get some resistors. Don't want to have to order and wait 2 weeks for them to get here...Is there a Radio Shack like store I can go and get them locally?

Looking for: 5 - (470 ohm 1/4 watt carbon-film resistors)

Thanks for the help :banger:


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 44
Location: Okinawa
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am 
kabylewolf wrote:
hicomp4ag wrote:
Ariles... A few friends are planning to meet up Friday night around 10 if you want to Ruck out. The big Esso (330) on the left before Foster.

I'm trying to get mine done before then. Have it half way torn down... Changing shit up. If I can't get-er-done in time, then I'll be out there on my Tmax.

Open invite to zoomers. Should be a few out come hang out and see what's up
Holla

HAH! You got it bro-homo! I'll be out there. Shoot me another text, I lost your number after I got my phone replaced.


10am right?


10pm bro. lol. I'll text you


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 44
Location: Okinawa
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:40 am 
cybercreeper wrote:
Anyone here know where I can get some resistors. Don't want to have to order and wait 2 weeks for them to get here...Is there a Radio Shack like store I can go and get them locally?

Looking for: 5 - (470 ohm 1/4 watt carbon-film resistors)

Thanks for the help :banger:


There's something like that here. On 58. If you came down from futenma and hit 58, make the left, and at the first light, bust a U-Turn and it's the first building there on your left.


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:38 pm 
hicomp4ag wrote:
cybercreeper wrote:
Anyone here know where I can get some resistors. Don't want to have to order and wait 2 weeks for them to get here...Is there a Radio Shack like store I can go and get them locally?

Looking for: 5 - (470 ohm 1/4 watt carbon-film resistors)

Thanks for the help :banger:


There's something like that here. On 58. If you came down from futenma and hit 58, make the left, and at the first light, bust a U-Turn and it's the first building there on your left.


Are You talking about the Goodwill (yellow bldg). on 58. Went there yesterday. All they have are computer parts.... :meh:


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 am 
Found the store...Found exactly what I needed!!!

Thanks hicomp4ag, Also went to Stec's. That place has a bunch of good stuff.....You Da Man!!! :banger:


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 44
Location: Okinawa
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:56 pm 
cybercreeper wrote:
Found the store...Found exactly what I needed!!!

Thanks hicomp4ag, Also went to Stec's. That place has a bunch of good stuff.....You Da Man!!! :banger:


Nice ! "Dan" at Stec is the man. That dude is koo. He'll always help you out too. That Eletronics store is just :banger: I go there all the time. Lol

Look forward to the next meet up !


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 91
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Gender: Dude
The way it should be
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:50 am 
I'm down for another meet up. That was a lot of fun, had a blast! It's been a while since I've been out on the Ruckus like that...thank you guys... :banger:


Top
 Profile  
 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 44
Location: Okinawa
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Okinawa Ruckers/Zoomers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 am 
I'm hoping to have mine done here shortly. I knocked out the front brakes tonight, started working the rear. The rear is a bitch. The cables too long.. I need to either find a shorter one or I'm going to hack this one up.

EDIT*** or I'll just have to stretch it out a little more lol :mrgreen:

I've been think about your Trail Tech, that thing was bad ass. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on it myself. I went to Stec to source some brake stuff and while I was there I stopped to look at one of the Japanese brands they have there for about $160.

I'm leaning towards the trail tech though.

Anyways, rear brake cable issue and I'll be out as well. Can't wait for the next meet up.
Jason


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: No rucksters and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

Technophobes: click here if you are having issues registering or logging in

TotalRuckus.com 2005-2015 (That’s 10 F’ing years!) - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group