New to the forum. Been hanging around for a while, fantasising over a ruckus build of my own. Unfortunately, the ruckus wasn't released in Australia and they are import only, making them rare and expensive.
So to get myself into the hobby, I bought myself a $400 Honda Today AF61 50cc in average condition to modify and sink my teeth into.
Trying to do as much modifying as I can and keep purchasing to a minimum as I put money away for a Ruckus.
Picked it up and ripped into it straight away, looked something like this when I picked it up.
- New oil and checked everything over, figure out how it all works.
- Removed the rear rack
- Removed and bent the mirrors and mounted them below the handlebars. Have some bar end mounted ones coming that I may use on this bike.
- Low mounted the speedometer, and shortened the speedo cable.
- Removed the front guard, looking for a plain simple fork mount one if anyone know of one that may suit. If not I'll make one.
- Patched a tear in the seat.
- Removed front and rear indicators, ordered flush mount ones that are on their way.
- Chopped down the rear guard
- JDM homer decal +1HP
- Removed the headlight, found a Ruckus assembly for 50 bucks delivered. Will grind off the old mounting tabs once I confirm it fits/looks decent
- Ordered a new exhaust for 35 bucks delivered from Webike japans ebay, meant to fit a dio but should fit mine too.
To do -
- Paint front cover (keeping the drift stitching though)
- Paint wheels (gloss black)
- New belt, Kitaco kevlar coming.
- Probably new drum shoes