Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

n00bie

Parking lot mechanic
 Post subject: Honda Today AF61 Build Down Under
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:25 am 
Hi all,

New to the forum. Been hanging around for a while, fantasising over a ruckus build of my own. Unfortunately, the ruckus wasn't released in Australia and they are import only, making them rare and expensive.

So to get myself into the hobby, I bought myself a $400 Honda Today AF61 50cc in average condition to modify and sink my teeth into.

Trying to do as much modifying as I can and keep purchasing to a minimum as I put money away for a Ruckus.

Picked it up and ripped into it straight away, looked something like this when I picked it up.

- New oil and checked everything over, figure out how it all works.

- Removed the rear rack

- Removed and bent the mirrors and mounted them below the handlebars. Have some bar end mounted ones coming that I may use on this bike.

- Low mounted the speedometer, and shortened the speedo cable.

- Removed the front guard, looking for a plain simple fork mount one if anyone know of one that may suit. If not I'll make one.

- Patched a tear in the seat.

- Removed front and rear indicators, ordered flush mount ones that are on their way.

- Chopped down the rear guard

- JDM homer decal +1HP

- Removed the headlight, found a Ruckus assembly for 50 bucks delivered. Will grind off the old mounting tabs once I confirm it fits/looks decent

- Ordered a new exhaust for 35 bucks delivered from Webike japans ebay, meant to fit a dio but should fit mine too.

To do -
- Paint front cover (keeping the drift stitching though)
- Paint wheels (gloss black)
- New belt, Kitaco kevlar coming.
- Probably new drum shoes

Last edited by gabeayres on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One of Us
One of Us
Years on TR

Garage mechanic
2011 TR Donor
 Post subject: Re: Honda Today AF61 Build Down Under
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 pm 
when I lived in Melbourne I don't remember seeing alot of Honda anything. I saw Toyota's and Holden's, which were just GM's made in Australia.

Seemed to me there wasn't alot of Honda imports from Japan. Good luck on your Ruck!

-=e

Ron says it's drafty in here and those damn kids still won't get off his lawn. :smile: