Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

Post subject: CARB TUNING/JETTING ON A 100cc?????????
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am 
I have a quick question for anybody willing to awnser. Im going 100cc on my GY6 Ruckus Clone very soon. My question is after going to the 100cc kit and installing my exhaust/K&N filter. Will I need to purchase new jets for my carb to keep my mixture correct? Or would it be a better Idea to purchace a new carb all together? BTW: Ive already ordered a new 125cc capacity mechanical fuel pump and a performance sparkplug wire and coil................???

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: CARB TUNING/JETTING ON A 100cc?????????
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:55 am 
more flow = more fuel needed.

Vespa GET Swap n Slam
Ruckus-33x

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm 
^Agreed, and THANK YOU.............

IM Kind of curious if theres anybody ealse out there thats running a 100cc Bore kit on a clone. And Also around what size jets would you recomend for the setup im running?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:28 pm 
so was it a 49cc gy6 that you bored out and shit? now its a 100cc? to get the most power outta that id think a bigger aftermarket carb with all kinds of jets would be a great start. I've been tuning the pc20 on my stock 49cc get and just a carb can help alot with throttle pull and how smooth the bike runs.

as for being able to suggest any carbs for a 100cc i got nothing... hopefully someone else can help with that.

Vespa GET Swap n Slam
Ruckus-33x

Needs Training Wheels
Needs Training Wheels

Years on TR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 pm 
Yes Its a stock non-modified 49cc now that will be bored out to a 100cc in the next couple days. Ive been saving parts for this build in my garage. The 100cc bore kit is about to be here and a Ballin carb or atleast some jets is last on my list. Thank you for your input.
Would anybody have any carbs to recommend for a Nice 100cc build if thats the case??????????????

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 pm 
0range_cl0ne wrote:
Yes Its a stock non-modified 49cc now that will be bored out to a 100cc in the next couple days. Ive been saving parts for this build in my garage. The 100cc bore kit is about to be here and a Ballin carb or atleast some jets is last on my list. Thank you for your input.
Would anybody have any carbs to recommend for a Nice 100cc build if thats the case??????????????

Just curious why you'd spend the money and time on a 100cc when a brand new 150cc is a little more than $200 shipped to your door. Probably cost the same to bore that out to a 180cc (like mine :banger: ). I already know your answer to this so i'd recommend a mikuni slide carb. Maybe the TM-26 for a 100cc? I've got the TM-28 on my 180cc and it's a perfect combo. Some say it's hard to tune a slide carb but i never had a problem. You have to jet a little more frequently with weather change but the throttle response is really worth it. Just be sure you really think about this before you commit because it's going to cost a good bit more if you find out 100cc isn't what you thought it'd be. You'd probably have a hard time selling the 100cc, but that's just a guess. Good luck either way and update me on how it goes!