Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 230  Next
Author Message

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2533
Location: So-Cal - SGV division
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:02 am 
Robomod wrote:
Whos' KSR?!? How'd they register it?

Image


One of the locals...Sorry, I don't have any details on how to register an imported vehicle.

I just know it took a long time, but seems to be well worth it...don't you think?

_________________
Image
Killer Scooter welcomes you to the DARKSIDE!
キラー スクーター
Subliminal message of the Year: 2011 Ingenuity is the new Duplication
KILLER GOODIES
KILLER KRAFTED MACHINES
OG KILLER K125


Top
 Profile  
 

One of Us
One of Us
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 586
Location: la verne, ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:43 am 
i was just told in another thread that we have to have M1 license to ride our ruckuses in Cali? i did not know this.... :(


Top
 Profile  
 

Director of Homeland Porn
Director of Homeland Porn
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1137
Location: San Francisco, CA
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:23 am 
^ yeah or just a permit for one. If you don't have either then go to the DMV and take the written test for your motorcycle permit. It takes a few minutes, unless you go to the one that two shoes went to, and you're good to go for one full year! Now get on it brother!!! 8)

_________________
:senilefree

My flickr


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 77
Location: Koreatown / Los Angeles - CA
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:04 am 
raffit78 wrote:
i was just told in another thread that we have to have M1 license to ride our ruckuses in Cali? i did not know this.... :(


You don't need an M1, you can get an M2 permit. With an M2, you can't ride motorcycles though.

Yeah, but if you have a M1/M2 permit, you're only allowed to ride during the day!

Or just get an Oregon drivers license (I have one), for mopeds/scooters, you don't need an additional endorsment and mine doesn't expire until 2012! :P


Top
 Profile  
 




 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:14 am 
I got pulled over a few times for riding like an idiot but never asked for a motorcycle license.

They just tell me to stop being a fucking moron.


Top
  
 

Director of Homeland Porn
Director of Homeland Porn
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 1137
Location: San Francisco, CA
Gender: Dude

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:15 am 
jonathanf2 wrote:
You don't need an M1, you can get an M2 permit. With an M2, you can't ride motorcycles though.

Yeah, but if you have a M1/M2 permit, you're only allowed to ride during the day!

Or just get an Oregon drivers license (I have one), for mopeds/scooters, you don't need an additional endorsment and mine doesn't expire until 2012! :P


You do need a M1 license to ride a scooter/motorcycle in California, not a M2

Ill post it all again...
IBJanky wrote:
swisher59 wrote:
you need an m2. here's the excerpt from the dmv:

There are two classes of motorcycle licenses, Class M1 and Class M2.

* With a Class M1, you can operate any 2-wheel motorcycle and any motorized vehicle in Class M2.
* With a Class M2, you can only operate any motorized bicycle or moped or any bicycle with an attached motor.

Effective January 1, 2006, you may operate a motorized scooter with a Class M1 or M2 driver license. Prior to January 1, 2006, you must have a Class C or higher driver license to operate a motorized scooter.

A motorized scooter is defined as: A two-wheeled "device" powered by a motor with a floorboard that is designed to stand on when riding. The scooter may also have a driver's seat.


Hey swisher, you're wrong. Please stop spreading incorrect info :nono:

According to the California Vehicle code, the Honda Ruckus (50cc) is NOT a motorized scooter. It is a motor-driven cycle.

Let me clear up some of the confusion:

The definitions here are definitions taken directly from the California Vehicle Code - CLICK HERE

Definition of a "motorized scooter":

V.C. Section 407.5 wrote:
407.5. (a) A "motorized scooter" is any two-wheeled device that has handlebars, has a floorboard that is designed to be stood upon when riding, and is powered by an electric motor. This device may also have a driver seat that does not interfere with the ability of the rider to stand and ride and may also be designed to be powered by human propulsion. For purposes of this section, an electric personal assistive mobility device, as defined in Section 313, a motorcycle, as defined in Section 400, a motor-driven cycle, as defined in Section 405, or a motorized bicycle or moped, as defined in Section 406, is not a motorized scooter.

(b) A device meeting the definition in subdivision (a) that is powered by a source other than electrical power is also a motorized scooter.


The most obvious reason why a Ruckus/Metro is NOT a motorized scooter is because it is not designed to be stood upon when riding. It is designed for the rider to SIT.

Examples of motorized scooters are:

Segways
Image

Go-Peds (either electric or gas powered)
Image

We call the Honda Ruckus/Metropolitan a "scooter" but that term is incorrect. Technically, according to the California Vehicle Code, they are classified as "motor-driven cycles". I call my Ruckus/Metro a "scooter" when talking to an average joe because it's a slang term, and easily understood.

V.C. Section 405 wrote:
405. A "motor-driven cycle" is any motorcycle with a motor that displaces less than 150 cubic centimeters. A motor-driven cycle does not include a motorized bicycle, as defined in Section 406.


Definition of a "motorcycle":

V.C. Section 400 wrote:
400. (a) A "motorcycle" is any motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, and weighing less than 1,500 pounds.

(b) A motor vehicle that has four wheels in contact with the ground, two of which are a functional part of a sidecar, is a motorcycle if the vehicle otherwise comes within the definition of subdivision (a).

(c) A motor vehicle that is electrically powered, has a maximum speed of 45 miles per hour, and weighs less than 2,500 pounds, is a motorcycle if the vehicle otherwise comes within the definition of subdivision (a).

(d) A farm tractor is not a motorcycle.

(e) A three-wheeled motor vehicle that otherwise meets the requirements of subdivision (a), has a partially or completely enclosed seating area for the driver and passenger, is used by local public agencies for the enforcement of parking control provisions, and is operated at slow speeds on public streets, is not a motorcycle. However, a motor vehicle described in this subdivision shall comply with the applicable sections of this code imposing equipment installation requirements on motorcycles.


Long story short, Rucks and Metros and anything similar (Yamaha Vino, Zuma, etc.) are "motor-driven cycles", which are basically "motorcycles" with engines less than 150ccs in displacement. An M-1 license is required to operate any motorcycle or motor-driven cycle.

Don't doubt a motorcop when it comes to traffic/vehicle codes... I get paid to know this kind of stuff 8)

myke

_________________
:senilefree

My flickr


Top
 Profile  
 

Zombies
Zombies
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 7111
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Dude

2011 TR Donor
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:26 pm 
Hey guys we go through this with every new batch of Cali riders. Trust us, you need an M1 to legally ride the ruckus on public streets.

_________________
El Guapo - Morphous - MP3 - CH250 - Videos
How do I fix my ruckus, change my name, vote, sell, get my own section, complain...

:highfive:


Top
 Profile  
 

One of Us
One of Us

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 983
Location: BayArea
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:12 pm 
Bango707 wrote:
jonathanf2 wrote:
You don't need an M1, you can get an M2 permit. With an M2, you can't ride motorcycles though.

Yeah, but if you have a M1/M2 permit, you're only allowed to ride during the day!

Or just get an Oregon drivers license (I have one), for mopeds/scooters, you don't need an additional endorsment and mine doesn't expire until 2012! :P


You do need a M1 license to ride a scooter/motorcycle in California, not a M2

Ill post it all again...
IBJanky wrote:
swisher59 wrote:
you need an m2. here's the excerpt from the dmv:

There are two classes of motorcycle licenses, Class M1 and Class M2.

* With a Class M1, you can operate any 2-wheel motorcycle and any motorized vehicle in Class M2.
* With a Class M2, you can only operate any motorized bicycle or moped or any bicycle with an attached motor.

Effective January 1, 2006, you may operate a motorized scooter with a Class M1 or M2 driver license. Prior to January 1, 2006, you must have a Class C or higher driver license to operate a motorized scooter.

A motorized scooter is defined as: A two-wheeled "device" powered by a motor with a floorboard that is designed to stand on when riding. The scooter may also have a driver's seat.


Hey swisher, you're wrong. Please stop spreading incorrect info :nono:

According to the California Vehicle code, the Honda Ruckus (50cc) is NOT a motorized scooter. It is a motor-driven cycle.

Let me clear up some of the confusion:

The definitions here are definitions taken directly from the California Vehicle Code - CLICK HERE

Definition of a "motorized scooter":

V.C. Section 407.5 wrote:
407.5. (a) A "motorized scooter" is any two-wheeled device that has handlebars, has a floorboard that is designed to be stood upon when riding, and is powered by an electric motor. This device may also have a driver seat that does not interfere with the ability of the rider to stand and ride and may also be designed to be powered by human propulsion. For purposes of this section, an electric personal assistive mobility device, as defined in Section 313, a motorcycle, as defined in Section 400, a motor-driven cycle, as defined in Section 405, or a motorized bicycle or moped, as defined in Section 406, is not a motorized scooter.

(b) A device meeting the definition in subdivision (a) that is powered by a source other than electrical power is also a motorized scooter.


The most obvious reason why a Ruckus/Metro is NOT a motorized scooter is because it is not designed to be stood upon when riding. It is designed for the rider to SIT.

Examples of motorized scooters are:

Segways
Image

Go-Peds (either electric or gas powered)
Image




cool my Spaero is a motorized scooter
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 70
Location: davis, ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:36 pm 
NICE JORTS BINH!!!

_________________
WCWG baby!


Top
 Profile  
 

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 5726
Location: National City, Ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:38 pm 
I thought those were schpants.


Top
 Profile  
 

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2533
Location: So-Cal - SGV division
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject: Meeting between 8:00 and 8:30 p.m. at the Hat in Temple City
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:36 pm 
Doing it all again fellow ruck mates...See you tomorrow...

Route to be determined...

Same Place, Same time, Different Place...New Riders.

_________________
Image
Killer Scooter welcomes you to the DARKSIDE!
キラー スクーター
Subliminal message of the Year: 2011 Ingenuity is the new Duplication
KILLER GOODIES
KILLER KRAFTED MACHINES
OG KILLER K125


Top
 Profile  
 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 491
Location: Asheville, NC
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:24 am 
Jean shorts?

What's up Denim Dan

_________________
There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it!


Top
 Profile  
 

One of Us
One of Us
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 586
Location: la verne, ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 am 
please inform time and place.... i know usually 8:30 but lets be sure.


Top
 Profile  
 

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 2533
Location: So-Cal - SGV division
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:37 am 
raffit78 wrote:
please inform time and place.... i know usually 8:30 but lets be sure.


Same Place...between 8p.m. -8:30p.m....

The Hat in Temple City on Rosemead Blvd and Broadway. See you tonight.

_________________
Image
Killer Scooter welcomes you to the DARKSIDE!
キラー スクーター
Subliminal message of the Year: 2011 Ingenuity is the new Duplication
KILLER GOODIES
KILLER KRAFTED MACHINES
OG KILLER K125


Top
 Profile  
 

One of Us
One of Us
User avatar
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Posts: 586
Location: la verne, ca
Gender: Dude
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:46 pm 
well the plan was to make it there, but after driving in dead stop traffic after work around 7:30 i didnt get home till 8:00 and there was no way i can make it out to the meet. Sucks for me AGAIN!!!

I just hope one of these meets i can finally meet up and ride.... i wanted to see charles's ride... i heard he did the 150cc. Do you guys have any pics from the meet?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 230  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Check out who is online and not out riding.

Rucksters browsing this forum: No rucksters and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 
Copyright Owners: click here to report copyright infringement

TotalRuckus.com 2005 - 2011 - All Rights Reserved --- Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group