Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ   * Search 

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Fat tire?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 am 
How big of a rear tire can I fit on my CH125? From what I measured, the Ruckus tire won't fit unless I only run one shock and do something goofy to space the wheel out from the swingarm.

I know that there aren't really any options for the wheels, but are there any 1-piece wheels I can swap?

random question, why does the CH150 have the right side axle support, and the 125 does not? I never noticed the difference until I had the muffler off while cleaning the engine up. Can I get that CH150 bracket and install it? It seems like anybody I've talked to with the 125 said the axle bent at some point, was this a change to prevent that?

Edit: For reference, this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-HONDA-ELITE-CH150-CH-150-SWINGARM-SWING-ARM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414c853646QQitemZ280456672838QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2007 Ruck-leet. Build thread: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=47432
STOLEN 9/2/10

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: Fat tire?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 pm 
Well, I'm not 100% sure if the CH125 and CH150 have the same hub (probably not) but assuming they do, you should be able to do a 5" rear wheel with a shaved lip, and probably a 120/90/10 tire. You're right---you'll only be able to run one shock (a CB350 shock will work), and you'll have to ditch the swingarm, which will make muffler mounting tricky but not impossible.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm 
right on, I wasn't planning on going full fatty. I probably should have mentioned that, 5" is wider than I would plan or hope for. I'd like to fit a stock Ruckus tire on there, suggestions?

Where would I even start to look for a wider wheel ring to do that? A stock rear Ruck tire is what? 130/xx?

Forgive the newb-ness, my experience with modding stuff is mostly limited to cars or "bolt-on" fun parts.

Edit: I just measured, and if I keep it spaced as-is, and the shocks as-is, a 120 tire would be pretty damn close. If my math is correct, that's like 4.72" wide. The stocker is a 3.50-10. The SL26's come in 100/90's which should fit as-is.

2007 Ruck-leet. Build thread: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=47432
STOLEN 9/2/10

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 am 
Hit up mertechperformance, he's really good with fatty stuff, very knowledgeable. ...

2010 King of HATE
2010 King of HATE
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 pm 
i pmed you my best bets on it. good luck.

'10 Elite 110 $3k
'98 Superhawk $3k w/extras
'74 CB550 $2k
Replace w/ GROM + Either cb1100 OR cb1000r
MANdown
http://www.totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &start=180