Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Junior Mint
Junior Mint
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: Re: CON 09 RAFFLE
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 am 
Do you guys have a letter that I can use for businesses that I know in Vancouver
Honda Center has said that they would be intrested in making some donations
As long as they can hang a banner

TR Herder of Babes
TR Herder of Babes
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Location: I'm hiding in Honduras -I'm a desperate man -Send lawyers, guns & money The shit has hit the fan
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 pm 
Anyone who wants to be a sponsor PM me or Gomi and we will set you up with all the info. You will get sponsorship recognition on the official CON website www.conferenceofnoise.com and also your logo/name on local fliers/banners etc. Donate money or parts or both! It doesnt have to be scooter parts either. If you have a business that you want to promote send us your products of choice to contribute to SEATTLE CON 2009! T-shirts and stickers are always a great addition too.

Email: SeattleCON2009@gmail.com

TR Herder of Babes
TR Herder of Babes

Location: I'm hiding in Honduras -I'm a desperate man -Send lawyers, guns & money The shit has hit the fan
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:48 pm 
CAKE wrote:
Do you guys have a letter that I can use for businesses that I know in Vancouver
Honda Center has said that they would be intrested in making some donations
As long as they can hang a banner

PM Sent :D

n00bie

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:30 am 
Hey Folks
My name is Bradford, I am the founder of Corazzo Design. We were solicited to be a sponsor of your rally by gomi.
Of course we will sponsor your rally.

We are Rukus/Metro'heads here at Corazzo along with the rest of our fleet. Gomi, send me an address and we'll get some schwag your way, and if there is an opportunity for us to set up and show the rally our products, we would be very interested in doing that too.

In 6 years of business, we have never turned down an authentic rally sponsorship request, although the guys who ask for it with the right message get more.

In the years I have spent volunteering for various non-profit organizations, most recent, the President of the Vespa Club of America, I also have to go out and ask for donations. Seeing it from both sides, I can offer you guys some of what has worked for us to get the most support from the best sponsors. At Amerivespa in Los Gatos this year, we are giving away 8 brand new scooters, and about $15,000 work of other stuff, it works.

1) Look professional, your letter is a good start, but have a one page flyer/pdf that talks about the levels of sponsorship and what you get. ($100 in products get you a link on our website, $250 gets you a link and we'll print your logo on the banner, $500 gets you a link, a logo, and the first child of our club president or whatever)
Anyone can print this off if you post it here, and take it to all sorts of shops.

2) Celebrate the size of the Ruckus and Metro markets. If you combine the two, you have the biggest single chunk of the scooter market out there. Know how many members you have, how many unique visitors you have, and from where (all very simple google analytics stuff). Seattle, I know for a fact was the #1 Metro dealer in the country until U-Honda (Honda dealer license #1) went out of business. What businesses are looking for, is not only to celebrate the rally, but earn new customers, if you have the most customers in your demographic, let people know. And make sure that the shops/companies that sponsor you, you support. People will pay attention even more these days. I know that Big People Scooters in Georgetown hired a Honda scooter mechanic from U-honda. I am sure they would love to get that message out to Honda owners.

3) Ask for stuff that will drive rally participants into their businesses. Instead of asking a restaurant that you are going to for the rally, to pick up a big bar tab, in some nebulous hope that some of you may come back as a customer, ask that restaurant for 10 $15 gift certificates. That way they know when someone comes back, it does not really cost them $150, and your members are going to be stoked on getting them. Many shops I know are getting gift cards setup, instead of donating say a jacket, they will donate 10 $25 gift cards. This gets you in to their shop and gives them a chance to earn your business. If you do not support the businesses you solicit, you will pay dearly when the time comes next year. The flipside of that is if you do support your sponsors, they will re-up in a New York minute.

5) Offer vending. Like I said, we want to meet you, and show you our stuff. No one makes money doing this at rallies (maybe sturgis!), so make sure not to charge for setup. It costs a great deal to bring products and people to a rally, especially one that is out of town.

6) Do what you say you are going to do, deliver on your promises. Get weblinks and logos up quickly, do a little blurb on your forum, "we would like to thank Gulfstream for the donation of 10 hours on their G550 jet," and so forth. Take pictures, make patches, and send both with a nice thank you note to your vendors.

See you guys in Seattle.

Ruckus On!
Cheers!

Bradford
President
Corazzo Design
http://www.corazzo.net
sales@corazzo.net
president@vespaclubbusa.org

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be Shop mechanic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:35 pm 
Awesome-
Thanks Bradford for the contact and the advice- most of us don't do such heavy duty event planning, so we're amateurs at this. I'll get off an address to you post haste. We are showcasing our sponsors on the Convention of Noise website and we'd love to be able to get you guys up here for CON (maybe you can convoy with all the other Portland guys coming up!)
gomi_

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:41 pm 
Here you go guys- donated by Scoot About in the South Lake Union area-

Nitro Euro jacket with Ce armor in Back, shoulders, and elbows. This is listed as a size XS, but I am 6 feet tall and 185 pounds, and I'm modeling it right here. It zips up on me, but I would go up one size if I were to buy one. This is an excellent jacket, especially for cold weather riding with double flaps over the zipper and plenty of velcro cinches. It has a removeable liner for better weather.

Scoot About was our host for All City Scooter Day the past two years, and it keeps getting better! They also have the Sachs MADASS 50 in and are working on upgrading it for better speed- and will be getting the 125 in when they (finally) hit the US shores. Also have a full service shop for all makes.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:09 pm 
Does Corazzo kick ass??
YOU BET THEY DO!!!!

There was a box waiting for me today when I got home- Bradford's crew tossed everything in that would fit!!
ImageImage

Corazzo 5.0 Jacket- fully armored

Urbano gloves-

Milano messenger bag-

And 10 of their Corazzo Coffee Jackets- I bet they fit a Starbucks cup perfectly!

plus stickers and postcards galore! They may be setting up Saturday at the Scooter Barn, but even if they don't make it, Scooter Barn carries their stuff, check it out! I looked at it at All City Scooter Day last month when they were here- I think I found my next jacket!

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:00 pm 
Got a package today from ATR and Standard Functions-

Primered gas tank cover, with rubber corner grommets and washers- ready for custom paint!! From Standard Functions

Carbon Fiber foot pegs, from ATR (AllThatRuckus)

Bling Bling!! :banger: :banger:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 pm 
Met up with with the SEH (South End Heathens) and HenryJames gave me three vouchers for the shop they work at, Action Tattoo.

local ink and metal!

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:17 pm 
Got THESE from S2G this morning- this is what you guys have been asking for!

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm 
Sorry I slacked off on the postings for this- we've got a bunch more stuff. I guess you'll have to come out Saturday night to see...

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:07 am 
RUCKSTERS will be bringing up some goodies for the raffle. Was too busy building a ruck and forgot to ship it to you Gomi.

:wanker:

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 am 
That's OK- I heard you're bringing up a couple of custom bikes- we can raffle them off.... :D :D

RUCKSTER wrote:
RUCKSTERS will be bringing up some goodies for the raffle. Was too busy building a ruck and forgot to ship it to you Gomi.

:wanker: