Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject: CoN '09 Accomodation Information
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:03 pm 
:!: Here is a link to our Seattle Ruckus List map on Google Maps. As local ruckers volunteer to house/host out-of-towners, they will be added to this map. This is a work in progress, so check it often:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 99377&z=12

:!: If you are interested in staying at a hotel, motel, hostel, etc. here are some links that have been gathered that look promising. Waypoints will soon be created on the map to show where they are, as well (Hue already added the cabin). Again, this list may change or have additions at any given time, so it’s a good idea to check it often:

:arrow: Ballard hostel, right across from the water!! It has an 8-bed dorm "for girls only" and 2 10-bed dorms for guys ($25 a night), plus 2-person private rooms for $60 a night, a common room with kitchen and a rooftop patio with barbecue. People could totally book up a full "dorm" style room. Anybody hostelled before? Plus wi-fi, entertainment, movies, etc, if you have time outside CON activities... http://www.hostelseattle.com/hostel_seattle

:arrow: Rent a house- up to 12 people! This could be cool if folks want to stay together... http://www.seattlebedandbreakfast.com/034.shtml

:arrow: Or right in the middle of it all, by the sports stadiums (which are awesomely designed to reflect the nearby shipping port)
http://www.seattlebedandbreakfast.com/229.shtml

:arrow: Down in g0mi’s area (get your head outta the gutter!) ... http://www.seattlebedandbreakfast.com/228.shtml

:arrow: Flowing Lake Camping (up in HueJass’s neck of the woods) http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/Departme ... g_Lake.htm

:idea: If you find other cool spots, feel free to PM me with the information and I'll add it to the list.

Thanks!

~Sissy :D

"HollyWood's Sister"
NEWest Ride -2011 Ice Blue Vespa LX150ie
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks
CoN 2009 - Seattle, WA Co-Host

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:11 pm 
it would be nice if everyone was in the same general area... is that possible?

Shot Caller
Shot Caller
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 pm 
im going to see how much its going to cost me to rent that 85th street house from the 5th to the 10th (if thats the solid date now) and see how cool they are about packing people in . so we (anyone interested) can get a nice place and divide the cost accordingly. if you are interested let me know ASAP!!!!! i know its early ,but if im gonna front the $$$ for this i want solid confirmations from people to see if this is a viable idea!

TRmember#2217
Scooterman=RINGSTAMP APPROVAL!!!
AZRuckstars

DriverSideImpact1008 wrote:
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life."But John came fifth and received a toaster.

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:04 am 
PomeRuck wrote:
it would be nice if everyone was in the same general area... is that possible?

It's possible, but it will require some coordination from all the commited attendees, not just us hosts.

Looks like there's already some interest in the house, which would have been my pick if I wasn't already here.

Hopefully, it won't be long before the official dates are decided upon and we can start REALLY planning...

"HollyWood's Sister"
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Shop mechanic
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:23 pm 
I'm hoping that info is up-to-date on that site, cuz that house does look like a deal. Otherwise I'd say that hotel right by the stadiums would be cool, 4 to a room, right in the middle of everything. Depends on the price during the "busy season" though.
gomi_

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 pm 
minimadman wrote:
im going to see how much its going to cost me to rent that 85th street house from the 5th to the 10th (if thats the solid date now) and see how cool they are about packing people in . so we (anyone interested) can get a nice place and divide the cost accordingly. if you are interested let me know ASAP!!!!! i know its early ,but if im gonna front the $$$ for this i want solid confirmations from people to see if this is a viable idea!

Depending on the dates, I'd be interested.

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:54 pm 
i talked to the rental agency on that 85th st place, they were cool about it, i just need real dates so i can get this place.... they did have some bookings of some weekends.

TRmember#2217
AZRuckstars

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life."But John came fifth and received a toaster.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 pm 
Did they give you any prices for renting the whole place out and having 12 people? That would be an awesome location, since if anybody wants to pub crawl at night, you don't have to ride very far.
gomi_

Shot Caller
Shot Caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:04 pm 
they gave me a rough estimate, it depends on what weekend i rent it for , i think they are trying to feel how much money they can get outta me and how much damage we will cause :twisted: it can range $55 -$75 per person for the 3 day weekend. once the dates are solid ill research this further.

TRmember#2217
AZRuckstars

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

Post subject: Re: CoN '09 Accomodation Information
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:13 pm 
So far, the following people have volunteered to help house folks or allow them to crash on their lawn/in their back yard:

:arrow: g0mi (warning, he has chickens): up to 3 people, in Seattle

:arrow: 14HueJass: up to 3 people, in Lake Stevens

:arrow: Rentom5150: has floor space/couch, parking for 2-3 vans/trucks or one large trailer, would prefer to meet folks prior to committing 100%.. PM him if you'd like to discuss... in Renton

:arrow: kato64: 1 guest br + air mattress in living room, in Everett

:arrow: truckster1955: Can bunk 2 in "portable stabbin" cabin and tents in the back yard, safe parking, in Bellevue

:arrow: scooterboy67: room for 3, open-mined folks need only inquire (per his notes), in Seattle

:arrow: DirtyUncleBob: room for 3 comfortably, off-street parking for 2-3 cars and up to 5 scoots, in Seattle

:arrow: Sissy: Room for 1-2 ladies, have futon and floor space, (must be ok w/ 2 cats), in Mountlake Terrace

If you are interested in any of the above options, please PM the person to make arrangements. Also, as space is limited, please do not reserve space w/ these kind volunteers unless you are committed to being at CoN; as there may be someone else who needs the space.

:!: If you haven't already volunteered your space, time, special connections/abilities, $ for gas cards and would like to do any of the formentioned, please PM me with some contact info. I'll add you to the Roster of Rucki Recruits... (Thank you to those of you who have already volunteered!!) :banger:

Thanks all... kthxbye

Sissy

"HollyWood's Sister"
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:18 pm 
Vacation Rentals :

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/us ... on/seattle

HueJass Build

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:01 pm 
The Green tortoise Hostel only cost $28.00 a night and its right accross the street from pikes place

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 pm 
CAKE wrote:
The Green tortoise Hostel only cost $28.00 a night and its right accross the street from pikes place

My wife and I stayed there when we first visited seattle. It was a block away, their new location looks REALLY NICE. I don't know how they swung that kind of deal with the cost of property in Seattle. It IS just a block from the market, which means it is also a block from the Hustler store and the Lusty Lady (their marqee is worth seeing every time they change it yesterday it read "Spring Beaver") When I stayed there the Hustler store was right behind their old building.
I'll have to go down there and check it out and see what kind of facilities they have for parking and scooter storage.
Note that it IS a backpacker hotel, so that means shared bathrooms, a common eating room with food prep area, and you may catch a whiff of patchouli every once in a while (or maybe I meant you may catch a whiff of fresh air over the smell of patchouli every once in a while!).
gomi_

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 pm 
BigManLittleScoot wrote:
Just an idea for you organizer types:

The economy sucks so a lot of people are no doing vacations. As such Hotels are doing everything they can to book rooms. This can be to our advantage. If someone drafted a fairly legit looking letter to Hotel managers seeking a package deal on a block of rooms, and if said Hotel had a garage that could handle a deluge of scooters, they might be tempted to rent rooms, in bulk, at lower prices. I have done this for business conferences before. They usually quote a few prices: say if you rent 25 rooms it s X amount, 50 rooms is Y amount. Then you (the organizer) puts this forth to the community, the community makes the reservations, and then everyone (at least the non-locals and those not staying at a locals house) are in the same place.

Besides, who hasn't had the fantasy of burning a smoky trail down a Hotel hallway!

You're hired! I expect this proposal in a week!

J/K...but if you have some kind of official capacity that gives you contacts at any hotels locally, it might come in handy for us if we try this.
gomi_

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:43 pm 
BigManLittleScoot wrote:
Thanks to those that PMed me to let me know the file was unavailable, My bad. Here you go:

http://freepdfhosting.com/4c7317d29e.pdf

This letter looks great! I'd say the only thing that I would change is the "sponsored by" TotalRuckus.com... I don't think we are getting any money from the web site. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I do love the idea of having matching envelopes, too!

Also, I think it's important that we are all in the know about who has sent a letter to what hotel(s). We don't want to blanket the city with these and have more than one letter make it to the same hotel; as then it will most definitely be trashed. Plus, we don't want confilicting information between letters.

Do we have any letters out to anyone right now and, if so, who and where? If not, who has some ideas on good places to hit up. One place I think would be a good shot is the Holiday Inn Express near the Seattle Center... not luxury, business-type hotel that would probably work out a group rate.

Anyone want to volunteer for to work with BMLS on this, being the actual mailer, etc?

"HollyWood's Sister"
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks