Our motto says it all: "We would like to ride in zoomer which is not easily defeated by anyone."

Members Rides Members Rides   TR Ride of the Month TR ROTM   * Ride Utility   Scoot TV Scoot TV   Support TR buy a shirt! TR Store * Login * Register
* FAQ 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be Shop mechanic
 Post subject: Re: Seattle locals volunteer and planning
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 pm 
TurtleSpeedRuckus wrote:
Anything for Sunday? The cali guys will arrive Friday night, and would like to ride Sunday if possible.

What time are Cali guys planning on heading out? And PDX?
Big run or small run? We could always do this....
Paradise!
Only 95 miles each way from Seattle Center....the SEH guys live and play about 2/3 of the way down along that route....

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

The way it should be
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 pm 
g0mi_0taku wrote:
TurtleSpeedRuckus wrote:
Anything for Sunday? The cali guys will arrive Friday night, and would like to ride Sunday if possible.

What time are Cali guys planning on heading out? And PDX?
Big run or small run? We could always do this....
Paradise!
Only 95 miles each way from Seattle Center....the SEH guys live and play about 2/3 of the way down along that route....

that's a serious ride there..... major cajones riding that long on 55 roads. Wan Style!

The Ice Caves are shorter to get there...... Forest riding as soon as you get past Snohomish. Fastest road ya hit is 45mph.

HueJass Build

TR Ride of the Month!
TR Ride of the Month!
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

2011 TR Donor
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 am 
I didn't know that the big ride days were Friday and Saturday. I may have to change some plans and get there Thursday night. Ain't driving all that way to ride for one day.

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 am 
RUCKSTER wrote:
I didn't know that the big ride days were Friday and Saturday. I may have to change some plans and get there Thursday night. Ain't driving all that way to ride for one day.

true dat

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:09 pm 
Yeah, when we started planning this last year, everybody said that at previous CONs, Sunday tends to be a more mellow day since so many people are leaving early to get home....
gomi_

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 am 
We should set up the WAN around the lake ride for Sunday..... including Mercer Island.

HueJass Build

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 am 
14HueJass wrote:
We should set up the WAN around the lake ride for Sunday..... including Mercer Island.

I like the idea of Mercer island....and pissing off the Renta-Cops at Bellevue square.. but there's some boring stuff along that way as well. Know any good routes to bypass the crap sections? I know a couple nice downhill sections getting from Coal Creek Pkwy back to Lk Washington Blvd and around South end.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 am 
g0mi_0taku wrote:
14HueJass wrote:

I like the idea of Mercer island....and pissing off the Renta-Cops at Bellevue square.. but there's some boring stuff along that way as well. Know any good routes to bypass the crap sections? I know a couple nice downhill sections getting from Coal Creek Pkwy back to Lk Washington Blvd and around South end.

I'll PM ya the route we did last year.... you can adjust the Coal Creek Portion.... Hills sound good.

peace!!

HueJass Build

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm 
Hey, gang!

Sorry for being a stranger... work is chaos and I don't have the tubes outside of work... it is what it is...

Anyway, we should definitely have one last pow-wow of some kind this weekend if at all possible. I'd like to make sure we all know what we know and are comfortable with what we don't... there's still the island ride to discuss, the downtown part of the Seattle ride, and Thursday meet 'n' greet set-up.

Were we still going to put little books together to give to people for contact information, scheduling, etc?

I think HollyWood and Agent K are working on the rucks this Saturday/Sunday, but I'm not sure. If I'm hanging with them, I can probably use their tubes for an online chat/conference of some sort if that is easier. Otherise, if folks are able and willing to meet Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon that would be fine with me. (I have dart league at 6pm on Sunday, so I have to be done with our stuff before then... FYI.)

Anyway, let me know what you guys think... PM me or call if you have my number already. (Also sending to CoN volunteers via e-mail.)

Thanks to all who are staying on top of things!!

~Sissy

"HollyWood's Sister"
NEWest Ride -2011 Ice Blue Vespa LX150ie
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks
CoN 2009 - Seattle, WA Co-Host

Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:59 pm 
g0mi and Hue! I just saw the thread you guys posted for our rides... AWESOME! Good job!! Seriously, you guys RULE!

Thanks for all the awesome work you and everyone else has done/is doing...

"HollyWood's Sister"
NEWest Ride -2011 Ice Blue Vespa LX150ie
NWRA - "33" Big Jerks
CoN 2009 - Seattle, WA Co-Host

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm 
I've taken a couple rides, and am pretty comfortable with quite a bit of the route- I followed your route from the Arboretum up Interlaken, and then from Volunteer down 10th to the U district, around to Gasworks and Fremont, then up to Archie McPhee. There's always room for some fudging if people feel like it (especially if people feel they aren't seeing enough of downtown, we can dip in and out when we get close), and there will plenty of occasions to stop wherever we want for gas, snacks, lunch, whatever. The other night we drove up Interlaken twice in the dark, so I think on Friday once it gets dark we can do Broadway, the U district (it was pretty hoppin' for a Tuesday night after dark!) and Interlaken for some nice night riding...
I was trying to figure some stuff out with those little booklets- which I would still like to try to use- but found that you can't put GRAPHICS into them (sucks) so we can't do a real "cover" for them. Plus I don't know anything about creating PDFs, but there is a PDF to PocketMod creator on the site, so you just make an 8-page PDF with the info you need, and convert it across. again, no graphics. Maybe we'll just have to make up some copies of the maps in case people want them.

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

The way it should be
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:12 pm 
Let's have a preCON meeting this weekend..... I'm game to roll down.....

HueJass Build

Donkey Puncher
Donkey Puncher
Years on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TRYears on TR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:52 am 
Damn! What a weekend you guys have planned!

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=99

Junior Mint
Junior Mint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am 
Hey Rucksters, stick around monday if you want...I'll keep riding!

Dirty Sanchez
Dirty Sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:42 pm 
14HueJass wrote:
Let's have a preCON meeting this weekend..... I'm game to roll down.....

I'm working Saturday, and have events planned for Sunday (and Sissy has darts at 6pm)
If you guys go out doing some route testing, print off Friday's map- there are a couple spots that may need/want to be adjusted or added to-

Magnuson Park/Sand Point- It seems kinda stupid to ride in and have to ride back out the same way- is there NO CIRCLE ROUTE inside the park at all? I remember riding in there and circling some empty/abandoned parking lots and then heading across and exiting the other end- have they closed that off?
Route from Magnolia to the top of Queen Anne- is there a good way to get from Dravus to the top of the hill (Queen Anne Ave) without going straight up a hill?
Downtown- this is a major point- there may be times we can adjust the route to drop in and out of downtown. Going down 4th and 5th streets during the middle of the workday will attract a lot of attention- WHICH IS GOOD! If you guys have a good route to do this, without simply going back and forth up and down streets downtown, that would be great. I think it would be best to be able to ride up one street on the way to our next map section, and then down another street at another time.

We noted on Tuesday night that certain routes are a lot of fun in the dark, and other areas also get MORE busy after dark- so in addition to Broadway (busy), we can crawl through the U district (busy) and also do Interlaken (dark=fun) and maybe the Arboretum (dark=fun) again after dark!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next